Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Why do you think they don't?

Playing devil's advocate here, I kind of agree with go slow approach just to quadruple check (or however many more times Aracadia has already done their due diligence) to try and have an issue-free release.

I think it's apparent, especially with how transparent Arcadia has been that they are working very hard towards that goal but there's nothing wrong with the hope that they take their sweet time to get this new YF-19 as perfect as humanly possible.

An accelerated release makes me equally excited and anxious - I just want Arcadia to hit one out of the park.

-b.

Fantastic... any word about waterslide decals to be included as well? Or if anyone is making 3rd party aftermarket waterslide decals?

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd gladly pay for them or for someone to make them (especially anything that is to be printed white).

Guest davidwhangchoi

Don't worry, these were old news by the time David posted them. Arcadia informed about this T-2 testing when they already had the -AFAIK- flawless T-3 in hand.

noooo... let's panic

Perfect birthday gift: news the YF-19 is coming early

Having it released earlier, I got myself a birthday gift. :D

Also received email by amiami saying that it'll be released by late march/early april. Apparently the price has been dropped a few hundred yen too.

Having it released earlier, I got myself a birthday gift. :D

Also received email by amiami saying that it'll be released by late march/early april. Apparently the price has been dropped a few hundred yen too.

Hmm wonder if I should cancel my order at HLJ and go with Amiami instead with the difference in 1350 yen.

Does Amiami really charge a significant higher shipping cost? Just curious as I have yet to order any stuff from them before..

Edited by joppewo

I'm reading through this long thread and was wondering if this YF-19 will be worth the $$$. Any idea on how it'll be compared to Yamato's toys? I had the Yamato VF-11B and practically destroyed it trying to transform it, ugh.

I hadn't bought a Macross toy in over ten years but this new YF-19 has my interest peaked!!

The 1/60 11B? You practically destroyed it? I don't know what to say, work on being more gentle? The 11B wasn't exactly difficult or hard to transform and the 19 is going to be far more delicate/hard.

Hmm wonder if I should cancel my order at HLJ and go with Amiami instead with the difference in 1350 yen.

Does Amiami really charge a significant higher shipping cost? Just curious as I have yet to order any stuff from them before..

Usually. I think on smaller items it's less noticeable, but they aren't as good at packing things either. Part of it is their location too, I think.

That's why they are always a little cheaper and put up their items faster. Impulse PO's haha.

Edited by Gakken85

I'm reading through this long thread and was wondering if this YF-19 will be worth the $$$.

I think that's the million dollar question that we're all wondering. I have 1 on pre-order so hopefully it'll be a solid release. Following Mr. K's updates since the beginning, I think that Arcadia has tried to identify and address any/all design concerns with due diligence.

The final product in our hands however, will be the determining factor whether this valk design is a hit or a miss.

The 1/60 11B? You practically destroyed it? I don't know what to say, work on being more gentle? The 11B wasn't exactly difficult or hard to transform and the 19 is going to be far more delicate/hard.

More or less an exaggeration on my part :wacko: However some parts were tweaked more than I liked. I'd like see to a Macross toy made using Magpul polymer B))

Edited by TangledThorns

I'm reading through this long thread and was wondering if this YF-19 will be worth the $$$. Any idea on how it'll be compared to Yamato's toys? I had the Yamato VF-11B and practically destroyed it trying to transform it, ugh.

I hadn't bought a Macross toy in over ten years but this new YF-19 has my interest peaked!!

The VF-11's are tough to transform?

I'd hate to see what you'd do to a VF-171. -_-

I can only assume it was the first VF-11B since you said it's been over ten years since you bought a Macross toy. If that's the case, that toy in particular was broken by many people. Yamato went a long way up after that (the 1/60 VF-19 is one of the finest transforming toys ever made), and so far Arcadia seems to have the same high standards, although the upcoming YF-19 will be the first true 'new' release from them.

Edited by eriku

Well, given that they had an already excellent platform to work from, I'm keeping a positive outlook for the YF-19. Hopefully they'll fix the ankles. That's really the only glaring flaw I see in my VF-19.

While the ankles were the biggest flaw in the old VF-19 there's enough differences to consider new issues cropping up. The new way the wings work to accommodate the high speed mode could prove to be a failure if it doesn't in any way lock. After time it could become loose, floppy, etc... Also the difference in the way the hip/intake portion transforms means there's a chance a piece could become weak/break that wasn't on the VF-19 release (though we did have a report or two of that portion breaking on the old figures.)

Guest davidwhangchoi

ok, i feel better we're back to normal panicking, jk

i'm counting the days till end of march... knowing hlj they'll have a sale and delay ship to april

Edited by davidwhangchoi

While the ankles were the biggest flaw in the old VF-19 there's enough differences to consider new issues cropping up. The new way the wings work to accommodate the high speed mode could prove to be a failure if it doesn't in any way lock. After time it could become loose, floppy, etc... Also the difference in the way the hip/intake portion transforms means there's a chance a piece could become weak/break that wasn't on the VF-19 release (though we did have a report or two of that portion breaking on the old figures.)

I'm not too worried about the new potential issues. The only "bad" (in my opinion) design choice I see on this toy design is the articulated flaps on the vertical stabilizers which have to be moved when the ankle is moved back. I'm not sure why it's been done this way and It's not even a big problem but I wish it would have been done differently. The old yf-19 wasn't that bad in this regard. I'm still thinking of keeping the v2 in fighter fully loaded with missiles and the V1 will stay in battroid next to his rival YF-21, since this new version while likely also be as short as the vf-19.

I'm not too worried about the new potential issues. The only "bad" (in my opinion) design choice I see on this toy design is the articulated flaps on the vertical stabilizers which have to be moved when the ankle is moved back. I'm not sure why it's been done this way and It's not even a big problem but I wish it would have been done differently. The old yf-19 wasn't that bad in this regard. I'm still thinking of keeping the v2 in fighter fully loaded with missiles and the V1 will stay in battroid next to his rival YF-21, since this new version while likely also be as short as the vf-19.

Its a conspiracy! :ph34r: Theyre making design choices that forces v1 owners to buy multiples to display in battroid and fighter! :

(1) better/stubbier legs for battroid than v1

(2) modified wing mechanism (for high speed maneuver) with payload wing-mounts for fighter (can't mount the payloads on v1 wings)

There you have it. Two is the min.

Now, where did I put my tin hat..

My two concerns for the new YF are the wing links remaining tight, and the sturdiness of the LERX pivot. Hopefully that thing will lock down to the back of the hip, rather than just hang there held by friction.

New YF-21? Has that been announced? If so, here's hoping they'll find a better balance between sleek skinny fighter and not so skinny legged battroid. My 21 was the odd man out on my shelf for quite some time, since I keep all my valks in battroid, and he stayed in fighter. I was always afraid of his falling over, and the legs just didn't look right. He's back in his box for safekeeping.