Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I'm hoping for tampo all over this thing. If Bandai can manage it on a valk that's half the cost (looking at my armored VF-171 on my desk), I should think Arcadia can as well. I'm not familiar with the technological requirements to do so, but I certainly love the results, and I'm not crazy about applying stickers/waterslides. Symmetry and I are longtime foes.

Super Senpai, nice inner dialog. How could you ever tell yourself you don't like the YF-19...that's straight-up denial in its purest form. I would have gotten this anyway, but my old Yamato YF-19 's right arm fell off one day(shoulder crumbled), so I need a replacement in good working order. This is far and away superior.

Edited by M'Kyuun

I finally took the plunge and pre-ordered one of these. If you could have heard my internal monologue over the past year, it would have sounded something like this:

"Meh, I don't even like the YF-19 design anyway. Thought it looked like a flying turkey when I saw it in the anime."

"I'm not fond of the YF-19 design, but that battroid mode looks pretty sweet."

"You know, the YF-19 design is actually not bad... the fighter mode even looks kinda sleek."

"I kinda like the YF-19 design, but the Arcadia release is pretty pricey... eh, I'll just order my YF-29 and get my Isamu fix."

"Oh wow, look at those prototype pictures."

"Hmm... my YF-29 looks kinda lonely in the Detolf... needs something else."

"Screw it, where the pre-order link?!?"

Too funny, that's very similar to how I felt about the various YF-29 releases, especially the first/Alto version.

-b.

I finally took the plunge and pre-ordered one of these. If you could have heard my internal monologue over the past year, it would have sounded something like this:

"Meh, I don't even like the YF-19 design anyway. Thought it looked like a flying turkey when I saw it in the anime."

"I'm not fond of the YF-19 design, but that battroid mode looks pretty sweet."

"You know, the YF-19 design is actually not bad... the fighter mode even looks kinda sleek."

"I kinda like the YF-19 design, but the Arcadia release is pretty pricey... eh, I'll just order my YF-29 and get my Isamu fix."

"Oh wow, look at those prototype pictures."

"Hmm... my YF-29 looks kinda lonely in the Detolf... needs something else."

"Screw it, where the pre-order link?!?"

That's funny. I remember reading some of those. :)

Too funny, that's very similar to how I felt about the various YF-29 releases, especially the first/Alto version.

-b.

Me too, I skipped the very first release and ended up getting the Yamato Kai instead. I ended up getting the Alto 29 30th reissue.

Since then I have just pre-ordered the rest. I'm getting the Ozma too when that hits.

I liked the VF-25 design because it felt like a respectful homage to the VF-1, while introducing just enough new design elements to make it interesting. The YF-29 was definitely more of an acquired taste. I think the Alto and Focker paint schemes really just didn't do it for me -- felt too much like a hot rod and not enough like a fighter plane. I think the more understated Isamu colors are much more flattering for the design, and that's ultimately what tipped the scales into make it a purchase.

Define "old VF-19". The VF-19 mold is pretty new, and this one is somewhat based on it. The old YF-19 mold is exactly that, and most of the issues (and later fixes) it had wouldn't really apply to this one as it shares no parts with it.

Sweet. Now I would really consider getting this one. Now if only I can scrounge enough $$$.

You could check a few video review for the VF-19 line from guys here on the board like jenius (http://www.anymoon.com) or veef (http://www.collectiondx.com). I think you will have an pretty good idea what to expect from the new YF-19 after you saw those. The hips seem to be pretty different on the YF-19 but the rest seems kinda similar.

Edited by Scyla

So I've been swooping my 19F around the living room, performing bombing runs on the cat, and I'm getting pretty excited for the YF-19. The VF-19 has some of the best lines of any Valk Yamato ever produced and I think the YF-19 (barring any defects) will be an even better release.

So I've been swooping my 19F around the living room, performing bombing runs on the cat, and I'm getting pretty excited for the YF-19. The VF-19 has some of the best lines of any Valk Yamato ever produced and I think the YF-19 (barring any defects) will be an even better release.

Yeah!, the VF-19 is just shy of a perfect gerwalk mode from total perfection. YF-19 has got a good gerwalk from the pictures so that says alot about how awesome this valk will be. 2 more months!!!

Yeah!, the VF-19 is just shy of a perfect gerwalk mode from total perfection. YF-19 has got a good gerwalk from the pictures so that says alot about how awesome this valk will be. 2 more months!!!

Err... it's a little more then just shy imo. I'm hopeful the ankles have been improved, which will put it in "just shy" territory for me, which might be good enough.

【重要なお知らせ】
◆【1/60 完全変形 YF-19 with ファストパック】出荷時期変更のお知らせ

お客様各位

ますますご盛栄のこととお喜び申し上げます。
平素はひとかたならぬ御愛顧を賜り、厚く御礼申し上げます。

2014年4月出荷予定でご案内しておりました「1/60 完全変形 YF-19 with ファストパック」に関しまして、
諸事情により、急遽出荷が早まりました事をお知らせ致します。

尚、出荷予定は下記となります。

・発売予定【2014年4月上旬】→変更後【2014年3月下旬】

大変ご迷惑をお掛け致しますが、何卒ご了承頂きますようお願い申し上げます。

Arcadia Via Facebook

[Important Notice]
Notice of the 1/60 Perfect Transformation YF-19 with Fast Pack] shipment time change

Dear Customer

I would be pleased and that more and more of your Seiei.
And look forward to your patronage untimely Hito-kata, I thank you thick patronage.

I have guided in April 2014 will ship in regard "1/60 Perfect Transformation YF-19 with Fast Pack",
For various reasons, I will inform you that the shipment has been accelerated in a hurry.

It should be noted that the shipping schedule will be the following.

·
[April-early 2014] will be released [Late March 2014] after the change

We apologize for the inconvenience, thank you for your understanding.

Edited by Dark_Ghost

Err... it's a little more then just shy imo. I'm hopeful the ankles have been improved, which will put it in "just shy" territory for me, which might be good enough.

If the ankles haven't been forced in this picture then it seems they can achieve more backwards movement than the VF-19 family. At least I hope so!

post-557-0-81159500-1392637956_thumb.jpg

If the ankles haven't been forced in this picture then it seems they can achieve more backwards movement than the VF-19 family. At least I hope so!

Well hopefully. I still don't really understand the need for a single ball joint when a dual assembly, one intended to only move forward/back and another for left and right, would work much better.

I wonder why they pushed up the release? It's cool we get it sooner, that's rare.

Edited by Mommar

In addition to the secret for the holes at the root of the shoulders:

Mr.K shares that the YF-19 during the prototype testing:

• 188 pieces in total
  • he discovered the ankles were weak
  • the fastpack were loose around the shoulders
  • one elbow lock doesn't work
  • one of the upper arm joint was loose
He shares these problems weren't discovered until that point in time... which was with the second prototype model (named T-2). the blog ends with the goal of a fully painted "T-3" third prototype with the aim of correcting these flaws
With the earlier flaws disovered not too long ago, we are getting it earlier? I can't help but wonder if this is going to haunt us and read back later that it should have been released on time if not later. Everything listed should be an easy fix with the exception of the ankles. At the cost that this valk demands, we really don't need to discover an Achilles heel on this one. I'm happy we are getting the 19 earlier but I rather they take their time making sure it comes out perfect. Edited by Isamu Dyson

With the earlier flaws disovered not too long ago, we are getting it earlier? I can't help but wonder if this is going to haunt us and read back later that it should have been released on time if not later. Everything listed should be an easy fix with the exception of the ankles. At the cost that this valk demands, we really don't need to discover an Achilles heel on this one. I'm happy we are getting the 19 earlier but I rather they take their time making sure it comes out perfect.

Don't worry, these were old news by the time David posted them. Arcadia informed about this T-2 testing when they already had the -AFAIK- flawless T-3 in hand.