Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I used to think stands should come with all releases but stands are overrated IMO. They take up tons of space if you're trying to display multiple Valks (or any piece for that matter) and 9 times out of 10 they stay in the box, or go back in the box to save on space.

I'd rather have more gear, extras, and better paint jobs than a stand.

You can always buy higher quality ones down the road.

I would have liked to use the stands on the old Yamato releases in my collection that never got stands. This bird begs to be displayed on the ground will all the weapons laid out like that classic "This is Animation" cover...

I think those are just normal stickers. As you can see on the high speed mode picture, the left wing has the no step whereas the right wing does not. So the tampo would probably be like most releases and be a minimum.

The no steps are on both wings in the picture of the high speed mode. You just have to look real closely.

If they're normal stickers that's not a problem. It'll just take an hr or so to trim and apply them. However, if they're tampo... that would be awesome!

I'd much prefer a stand over all the missile types that I'll probably never use and just clutter up a display.

A display stand that could display all the missile armaments would be excellent, but that probably would never happen.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

The no steps are on both wings in the picture of the high speed mode. You just have to look real closely.

If they're normal stickers that's not a problem. It'll just take an hr or so to trim and apply them. However, if they're tampo... that would be awesome!

Ah.. I see them now. They're just lighter. Would be nice if it was tampo too. But I doubt it. :p

Playing devils advocate, if they're still running with prototype models for proofing, would they really bother to add decals? I'm hoping the answer is 'no' which would imply more tampo printing.

I can understand if you don't mess with decals that you'd want everything tampoed however I prefer that they don't do it. My problem with the Bandai's is they make their Valks way too busy and I can't customize them without having to mask, or rub off the tampo and then go find my own stickers/paint/etc... to make it look how I like.

I can understand if you don't mess with decals that you'd want everything tampoed however I prefer that they don't do it. My problem with the Bandai's is they make their Valks way too busy and I can't customize them without having to mask, or rub off the tampo and then go find my own stickers/paint/etc... to make it look how I like.

I can totally understand this logic. I do a lot of model kits and mods but for some reason I haven't found the courage to tackle valkyries. I think the price tag that goes with them deters me for some reason.

Were the grey markings you were talking about the grey L shapes?

No. These markings are aft of that, and not any sort of recess/intake. They are merely "markings" like the black wing stripes. They are grey, and a sort of elongated-Z shape. Just look at the Hase kit or the 1/60 Yamato.

These threads are always good reading during the development stages of this, that or the other Valkyrie.

My fingers are still firmly crossed for an issue-free first release and I can't wait until April. And a big thanks to those that keep us updated with Twitter feeds and pics!

-b.

Were the grey markings you were talking about the grey L shapes? Yea they're supposed to be fully black from the lineart but from what I can see from the fourth picture, it is recessed to be like an 'intake' (pardon if I identify it wrongly) with the grey being the intake surroundings and the black painted inside. Hard to see from the top since the black portion is perpendicular from the ground. But that's only judging from these 4 pictures, I haven't checked the previous pictures we've had.

The grey markings are, however, not on the line-art and I personally feel like they're out of place and mess with the flow of the paint scheme.

I have to agree with David. Where are those gray stripes?

Other than that I would like to know how Gerwalk-Mode compares to the old YF-19, the VF-19 and this regarding the range of movement of the Gerwalk-joints and the knee-joints. From the latest prototype image it seems to be like the VF-19 rather than the YF-19. I'm too lazy to transform my VF-19S and check it so I cannot say this for certain. :)

The grey markings are, however, not on the line-art and I personally feel like they're out of place and mess with the flow of the paint scheme.

I was wondering just the same, those markings don't seem to be on the line art. I mean, the fact that Hasegawa included them doesn't mean they're canon. And IIRC, Yamato included them only when Graham asked his insider friend to do it, surely at the request of this board.

Do I want or like them? I'm not sure.

Looks epic so far.

IMHO, I don't mind the grey markings being left out. IIRC, it never visible on the anime and I always thought it was somewhat out of place in fighter mode.

I just hope the valk stays together in all modes securely. My biggest gripe with the Yamato yf-19 is that it didn't stay together in gerwalk and battroid mode securely when you picked it up.

Edited by Nani?!

I really don't care about a stand for this mold, since they clearly haven't learned to mount them further back yet. Suppose I can't be too disappointed, since it's the same stand mount as the other VF-19s had, but it's still just as useless in fighter mode.

The VF-19 series just has to have the single worst stand mount out of the entire line of 1/60 valks (either Yamato, or Arcadia). Every single other one at least pegs into something solidly, but the one time I tried using a VF-19 mount, the plane toppled backwards out of that clip the instant I let go of it.

Hmm, I have several pics of my 19P on a stand. It held just fine, though the Lerx was partly rotated and loose because of it and I was constantly worried the neck was going to snap. It really is a poor place to hold that thing up though.

Edited by Mommar

Is that with the wings fully forward? Because the kite-logo is quite crooked...

(I'd assume that's some weird "80% forward" position, based on the gap at the root and the panel-lines for the flaperons etc) But why use such an odd wing position to "show off" how it looks?

I have to agree with David. Where are those gray stripes?

Other than that I would like to know how Gerwalk-Mode compares to the old YF-19, the VF-19 and this regarding the range of movement of the Gerwalk-joints and the knee-joints. From the latest prototype image it seems to be like the VF-19 rather than the YF-19. I'm too lazy to transform my VF-19S and check it so I cannot say this for certain. :)

My 19S is permanently in Gerwalk because in order to keep it stable I had to force, and mess up, the ankles pushing back farther then they should go (they're useless and floppy in Battroid and Fighter now.) The Gerwalk mode here is exactly like that except we haven't seen or know what they've done to address the "weak ankles" as Mr. K put it. It's a bit too bad they couldn't work another click into the upper thigh joint, considering all of the Bandai Frontier Valks have skinnier thighs and all have remarkable articulation at that point. But then if the ankles haven't been fixed in a manner that allows more movement then it won't matter in the long run because they won't angle back far enough to maintain a stance with the upper thighs that far forward.

Is that with the wings fully forward? Because the kite-logo is quite crooked...

(I'd assume that's some weird "80% forward" position, based on the gap at the root and the panel-lines for the flaperons etc) But why use such an odd wing position to "show off" how it looks?

This is kind of what I mean by hoping everything stays together. It's nice that the wings can pivot to be swept back but if it's a froppy pain in the a$$ to keep at the right angle, then thumbs down. Hopefully this isn't the case.

So sexy! I was late on the pre-order, I hope I'm able to get one *crosses fingers*

EDIT: Should I pre-order at more than one site? Don't want to end up buying two.. lol..

EDIT2: Newbie question. I preordered one at Amiami as it's still listed. What are the chances of not getting one if they don't have stock? Similarly, I checked at Hobbysearch and their reservations are closed, but at HLJ preorder is still available as well. Is HLJ more reliable in terms of receiving the preorder because you have to pay now? THANKS!

Edited by bforbryan