Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

As far as the VF-25 packs go, sure, it would be funny to see them fit on this YF-19, but honestly... I don't understand why everyone is so enamored with that particular kitbash. They look ok in fighter, but they would pretty much fail in every other mode.

So pretty much exactly like the VF-25 then.

Guest davidwhangchoi

In addition to the secret for the holes at the root of the shoulders:

Mr.K shares that the YF-19 during the prototype testing:

• 188 pieces in total
  • he discovered the ankles were weak
  • the fastpack were loose around the shoulders
  • one elbow lock doesn't work
  • one of the upper arm joint was loose

He shares these problems weren't discovered until that point in time... which was with the second prototype model (named T-2). the blog ends with the goal of a fully painted "T-3" third prototype with the aim of correcting these flaws

In addition to the secret for the holes at the root of the shoulders:

Mr.K shares that the YF-19 during the prototype testing:

• 188 pieces in total
  • he discovered the ankles were weak
  • the fastpack were loose around the shoulders
  • one elbow lock doesn't work
  • one of the upper arm joint was loose

He shares these problems weren't discovered until that point in time... which was with the second prototype model (named T-2). the blog ends with the goal of a fully painted "T-3" third prototype with the aim of correcting these flaws

wow.. while it did worry me a little, I'm glad they're doing this many revisions of the prototype. Hopefully this will be the best YF-19 ever, and we won't need to fall back on a Arcadia V2 YF-19

No problem. :)

If someone sends a question to Mr. K over Twitter can you forward the question if there are covers for the holes in the hinges where the shoulders swing outward?

[edit:] Never mind. They seem to covers on the previous prototypes.

Edited by Scyla

I'm sorry guys but you all are discussing about very old news. The Arcadia YF-19 special site was updated on 12/12/2013. Since then the fully painted T3 was already been built and a pic of them (there were two of them actually) were posted in this very same thread on 01/07/2014. I'll re post the photo because it seems to have been forgotten:

post-12283-0-73457100-1390668673_thumb.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

The blog is retrospective. We talking about the process the T-2 testing went through in the past and what issues were discovered.

I think it's pretty clear we know we're not waiting for T-3 to come out.

the holes that are a secret in that same blog was never discussed on this thread.

Guest davidwhangchoi

yeah, i haven't kept on up w/ the blog bc twitter is updating all the stuff daily. i should've looked at the 19 site earlier but it was a nice surprise to find a few a nuggets in there.

"The Mystery Secret Holes of the 19"

I think there was some concern going with ball joint ankles bc a few debated they were weak on the vf-19s/f so i posted those points to show at least he's reporting the ankles were weak and he's going to at least improve them. maybe that won't satisfy those who want ratchet ankles like the vf-1 but at least he's identified some weakness in them. (i think to me that's a good sign the QA testing is thorough) and me spending about 1k on 4 of these wants to know i won't be getting a product that's inferior and down line come out with a 2nd run with fixes that should've been taken care of initially by testing the product more thoroughly. (which i'm glad is happening)

ex: 171 cannon fodder with black triangle shoulders disintegrating.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

yeah, i haven't kept on up w/ the blog bc twitter is updating all the stuff daily. i should've looked at the 19 site earlier but it was a nice surprise to find a few a nuggets in there.

"The Mystery Secret Holes of the 19"

I think there was some concern going with ball joint ankles bc a few debated they were weak on the vf-19s/f so i posted those points to show at least he's reporting the ankles were weak and he's going to at least improve them. maybe that won't satisfy those who want ratchet ankles like the vf-1 but at least he's identified some weakness in them. (i think to me that's a good sign the QA testing is thorough) and me spending about 1k on 4 of these wants to know i won't be getting a product that's inferior and down line come out with a 2nd run with fixes that should've been taken care of initially by testing the product more thoroughly. (which i'm glad is happening)

ex: 171 cannon fodder with black triangle shoulders disintegrating.

You did mention the dreaded ankles to him? Thank you! Honestly, if the ankles were closer to how the VF-4's were done I would be perfectly happy. They're pretty sturdy and they pose real well.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Actually,he admitted they were weak by himself, which i agree with you, i was hoping he would notice and glad he shared the weak ankles was a serious concern on his blog.

THAT looks good. Overall color-wise, tampo-wise.

Cockpit's too dark though. :D;) (and feet etc are still a tad too purple, but not TOO bad)

And still missing the grey markings on the upper intakes. (seriously, just look at the 1/60 Yamato, they're right there, and the outline's even molded-in on the new Arcadia one---just paint between the lines!)

Any one notice the slots for the missiles under the wings? Not that it's a decision killer for me, however I wish there would be an alternative method for those who want to display it in flight mode angled upwards without those protruding pieces sticking out. Swappable wings for the purists?

Maybe they could do swappable inserts as Bandai did on my 1/72 VF1-A/S.

And don't forget the terrible solution they came up with for the 171...

Looks like they have most of the markings on the thing now too, though I think it would look better if they went back to the more blue color on the feet, etc...

Are they really going to tampo all that? It would be great, but very un-Yamato-ish... I think its just all the stickers on. I'd be the first one to jump for joy if they really do tampo all that including the no-steps on the wings (they sure can do even smaller stuff with those Gundam Fix-Figuration around compound curved surfaces too!). Yeah, that grey stripe missing bugs me too. I really hope they include a stand too, but looking great (except for the intake lip - I will have to display it on a lower shelf so you're always looking down on it ;-)

That looks awesomeee. Hopefully there are no problems wth this new prototype and all's well with it. If not, hopefully they'll fix it on the next iteration (if any).

I think those are just normal stickers. As you can see on the high speed mode picture, the left wing has the no step whereas the right wing does not. So the tampo would probably be like most releases and be a minimum.

Gorgeous plane! Looking even better now. Will it come with the same stand as the VF-1's?
That diecast knee should be the same as the VF-19's.

Mr.K's stated in twitter along with the pictures that the stand is not included. It's just been used to display the pictures.

Any one notice the slots for the missiles under the wings? Not that it's a decision killer for me, however I wish there would be an alternative method for those who want to display it in flight mode angled upwards without those protruding pieces sticking out. Swappable wings for the purists?

That's how it's always been with all Yamatos/Arcadia. I doubt anything will change about that. You just learn to live with it. Heh.

I really hope they include a stand too, but looking great (except for the intake lip - I will have to display it on a lower shelf so you're always looking down on it ;-)

The stand is definitely not included. Mr K makes a point to mention it twice in his latest Twitter updates.

Are they really going to tampo all that? It would be great, but very un-Yamato-ish... I think its just all the stickers on. I'd be the first one to jump for joy if they really do tampo all that including the no-steps on the wings (they sure can do even smaller stuff with those Gundam Fix-Figuration around compound curved surfaces too!). Yeah, that grey stripe missing bugs me too. I really hope they include a stand too, but looking great (except for the intake lip - I will have to display it on a lower shelf so you're always looking down on it ;-)

If Bandai can do it, Arcadia can to, there's NO EXCUSE.

-Kyp

The stand is definitely not included. Mr K makes a point to mention it twice in his latest Twitter updates.

Boo!!!

If Bandai can do it, Arcadia can to, there's NO EXCUSE.

-Kyp

My feelings exactly, there's no excuse... but that hasn't stopped them from NOT printing the stuff in the past.

Were the grey markings you were talking about the grey L shapes? Yea they're supposed to be fully black from the lineart but from what I can see from the fourth picture, it is recessed to be like an 'intake' (pardon if I identify it wrongly) with the grey being the intake surroundings and the black painted inside. Hard to see from the top since the black portion is perpendicular from the ground. But that's only judging from these 4 pictures, I haven't checked the previous pictures we've had.