Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I really liked the first heavily tinted canopy seen on the prototype but this new offering (if that's what they actually go with) will still look good IMO. You'll be able to see Isamu this way while still retaining the cool factor of added tint to the canopy.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'm cancelling all 4 of my preorders. i have two issues:

first, he took a photo covering up the one of the thick intake lip with the hand without the white glove.

second, that offensive fingernail on his pinky is too white and needs to be color corrected, it doesn't match with the rest of his fingers.

i like either tints, i can't wait for april to come.

i'm reversing my 4 cancelled preorders till WF, then i'll re-cancel them after seeing the next batch of photos.

You mean pre-cancelling your pre-orders.

i should've waited till wonderfest.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Arcadia YF-19 sepcial site is updated.

one part in particular that may of interest is this photo:

photo16.jpg

"Although there may be some persons who noticed, the hole in the root part of the shoulder is plugged up perfectly.
The use of this hole is secret.
Those who understand need to keep it in the heart.
I think that the day that will understand comes sooner or later."

Wuuuttt?

<snipped image>

I cant take it anymore! Theres too many good things that are coming out and the wait is killing me.

Is this a hint that Arcadia might have gotten the Frontier license (if that hole is really for the FP from the OVA)? I'd like to see what they can do with that in the future.

Edited by close313

Unless there's some additional attachment point hidden on the wing root we haven't seen/noticed I can't see this really working for the Frontier Fast Packs. We could be surprised, but more likly it's just for the Fold Booster with, possibly, a forward thought to maybe supporting the frontier design at some point (though, again, attachment point on wing root?)

Hmm, well I can't tell if it's just because it's a production model and things are loose but there are notches cut into the bottom of the wing roots and there are two tabs that appear to be removable. Perhaps they HAVE already thought to include potential attachment points for the Frontier-style Fast Packs. But those little shoulder holes could also double for the Fold Booster as well. I guess if they wanted to try to make even more money off of this thing and try to piggy-back on some Frontier money with the newer fans this would be the smartest way to do it. On the other hand, why hide it? Pre-orders are already closed aren't they?

DSC01281.jpg

I triple checked other photos, those tabs cover screws so that part of my speculation is nonsense. The notches top and bottom still holds up though.

Edited by Mommar

And now that I think about it the notches in the wing root plus using that inner-most missile mount could be enough to hold on some REALLY light version of those Fast Packs. Maybe there is a chance... not that I'm a fan of the look, the fact they may have factored that in is pretty cool.

It could be that they're not actually doing anything with it other than hinting that they've made it so that it's compatible with the Bandai VF-25 FAST Packs...

There aren't any Bandai Fast Packs/Armor that would fit into those shoulder holes though, only the Wing packs would possibly fit and I'd have to check my packs at home to see if the attachment points are anything similar to the wing root notches here.

Need a way to remove the UN Spacy kite tampo and replace it with the SMS logo too. I still think they're for the fold boosters. We might get a surprise. Who knows. This thing isn't even out yet.

- Pre-orders are already closed aren't they? -

Pre-orders are still open btw.

Since Bandai seems to pump out new Frontier items I cannot see them doing the Valkyries but maybe the scored some kind of deal for the boosters. However I hope the toy comes with covers for the holes because they look ugly and I'm not planning to display it with the Frontier add-ons.

I hope it's for the Frontier version Fast packs for the 19. If they have received the Frontier license, it could specifically be for this only. If they got the entire license, I would have to start saving up now for Arcadia 25s. I could see a massive sell off of the Bandai versions.

I hope it's for the Frontier version Fast packs for the 19. If they have received the Frontier license, it could specifically be for this only. If they got the entire license, I would have to start saving up now for Arcadia 25s. I could see a massive sell off of the Bandai versions.

Yep, if they got the license and started making VF-25's, I'd sell my 25A immediately and not think twice.

-Kyp

Frontier style FP would be awesome!! Never thought the hard point on the wing could function as an attachment point for the FP since they are flat now, would be very clever.

I wanna say it's for the fold booster, but seems a bit dumb since this is the v3 for the most anime accuracy but go totally inaccurate on the fold booster attachment??

Bandai has the Frontier license, which means that little dumb SMS logo.

It can not stop Arcadia released those FP with a UN Spacy logo.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

As much as I would love to have a (matte) Super VF-19S (with a tinted canopy) I can't see a way to fit the Super Parts onto the existing Valkyrie. Especially the legs doesn't seem to be able to accept the Super Parts without a redesign.

Edited by Scyla

Please.. just say "NO" to the jet-ski packs. :p Those things are abominations.

As far as the VF-25 packs go, sure, it would be funny to see them fit on this YF-19, but honestly... I don't understand why everyone is so enamored with that particular kitbash. They look ok in fighter, but they would pretty much fail in every other mode.

What if it means fast packs for VF-19 Excaliburs.......meaning re-issued VF-19 Excaliburs with shoulder holes!!!.........

vf-19s-superbooster-fighter.gif

As a fan of the VF-19, I would love to see this happen but I thought the shoulder parts attach to the shoulder armor rather than where the holes are shown in the photo of the YF-19 v2(basically where the trapezius muscles would be on a human).

As much as I would love to have a (matte) Super VF-19S (with a tinted canopy) I can't see a way to fit the Super Parts onto the existing Valkyrie. Especially the legs doesn't seem to be able to accept the Super Parts without a redesign.

The leg parts still use the original YF-19 FP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGEJvW6Y6D8 (eg at 0:20)

Edited by close313