Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I tried it. The Arcadia stand is a brick. I would be happy if they packed it in with the YF-19, or at least sold it separately. It holds up my VF-19 in all modes. The arm locks in place at all joints, and you have a pivot on the top where you plug in the valk connector, and even that one needs to be removed and reattached as it does not rotate freely. It is more solid than my Yamato launch arm stand.

I do hope they revise the storage covers, though. I have to use a tweezers to lift them up.

LomB1II.jpg

lofjDAJ.jpg

V6vNfae.jpg

is it just the photo are is the eye a brighter green than the old yammies? (i haven't unboxed mine yet lol)

I do like the stand, but unfortunately, the problem with VF-19 stands isn't that they don't exist, it's that the plane won't stay on the adapter, at least for me.

I tried mounting one of my VF-19s on one of the Bandai stands, using that shapeways adapter. The stand held the weight fine, but the VF-19 kept falling off of the adapter, because the mounting point is so freaking far forward of the center of gravity.

If they don't come up with a better location to mount the stands, you're better off using some other type of stand, like a Flightpose one, or doing what I'm planning: designing a custom adapter that'll lock into the underside of the backplate, so the thing is actually somewhat balanced.

I do like the stand, but unfortunately, the problem with VF-19 stands isn't that they don't exist, it's that the plane won't stay on the adapter, at least for me.

I tried mounting one of my VF-19s on one of the Bandai stands, using that shapeways adapter. The stand held the weight fine, but the VF-19 kept falling off of the adapter, because the mounting point is so freaking far forward of the center of gravity.

If they don't come up with a better location to mount the stands, you're better off using some other type of stand, like a Flightpose one, or doing what I'm planning: designing a custom adapter that'll lock into the underside of the backplate, so the thing is actually somewhat balanced.

It works fine in Battroid, okay in Gerwalk... and pretty much not at all in Fighter.

It looks amazing.

One question though : what are we looking at in that close-up picture of the shoulder/arm mechanism in fighter mode?

That's one of the SP pieces as shown here:

post-12283-0-22011500-1387423807_thumb.jpg

That's also one of the pieces that need further revision. I currently fits extremely tight.

How will you guys manhandle your YF-19's without breaking off the canards?

I think that it would be best to break them off once you open the box just to have it done. :lol:

If they're anything like the VF-19KAI ones I wouldn't be worried. They're pretty strong but If you still don't feel comfortable enough when manhandling your valk with them on you can just temporarily take them away.

Quick question. Is it confirmed that the toy will come with an included stand?

Has someone tested the stand that came with Roy's VF-1S with the VF-19 from Yamato?

Unfortunately, it's been stated that this valk isn't including a stand.

Edited by Reïvaj

Pfft :lol: Yeah, short of gluing my VF-19s to the stands, mine won't stay on. I know some people have, but mine just don't clip on tight enough.

Though, honestly, I guess I also haven't worried about it that much, since I don't have room to display them on stands anyway. All mine just sit on the feet in fighter mode. :)

I happily and gratefully preorderd mine. My Yammie 19's right arm fell off one day, crumbled at the shoulder irreparably. So this new one, with all the added bells and whistles, is most welcome.

Pfft :lol: Yeah, short of gluing my VF-19s to the stands, mine won't stay on. I know some people have, but mine just don't clip on tight enough.

Though, honestly, I guess I also haven't worried about it that much, since I don't have room to display them on stands anyway. All mine just sit on the feet in fighter mode. :)

I was able to get the VF-19P to stay on the stand in fighter. There's pics of it in one of the older threads. But I would NOT leave it like that. I'd be worried the weird stress on the neck would cause some sort of damage.

Are the launch arm grabbers of any use? Don't they help to hold the valk?

No, because the "grabbers" are too far to the front (as is the actual attachment point), and they have no grip anyway. The problem is that the die-cast content is all concentrated towards the rear of the plane -- legs, knee-joints, shoulder-joints, back-thruster... it makes everything in that area heavy and so the center of gravity is probably between the knees or somewhere thereabouts. Placing the stand attachment near the neck of the plane makes no sense at all...

Actually, no, there's no reason you couldn't mount the stand directly to the metal backplate. It doesn't move in gerwalk at all, and on top of that, it's already where the sound booster goes, so you already have slots to mount things.

Once I get myself a 3d printer, I'm going to go about making myself some mounts that clip around that backplate, right between the knee joints. I probably won't distribute them, but I'll put the design up on shapeways when it's workable.

Actually, no, there's no reason you couldn't mount the stand directly to the metal backplate. It doesn't move in gerwalk at all, and on top of that, it's already where the sound booster goes, so you already have slots to mount things.

Once I get myself a 3d printer, I'm going to go about making myself some mounts that clip around that backplate, right between the knee joints. I probably won't distribute them, but I'll put the design up on shapeways when it's workable.

Where is there a back plate that stays in the same spot in both fighter and gerwalk that far back? Would supporting the weight of the craft be safe there? I'd love to have a mount that puts the weight farther back.