Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Guest davidwhangchoi

BazE1ZzCAAAZbGU.jpg

"The check on T-2 ended. Banzai!!! Although the left wing has been removed, was able to stand on one leg."
Edited by davidwhangchoi

Looking real good, very nice!! After handling the VF-4G skinny and lonely body hinge I trust the wing hinge here to be just as effective

I'm just curious if the wing hinge has a locking mechanism for staying into place and not flopping out after many transformations.

Yeah, after seeing those pics I was wondering the same thing. Having droopy wings because of that addition would suck.

I know I'm in the minority, but I like the high speed mode look.

There are a few of us that like the HS mode. I'll likely display this with the wings swept forward but the HS mode is certainly cool looking.

It's also a nice option for people with limited space. ^_^ Kinda like how handy it is for certain WWII era planes to have the option to build them with the wings folded.

Was thinking the same thing....think there are some VF-19's with wings swept back on the carrier deck pictured in this tenjin illustration....

valkyries_2nd_2.jpg

just tweeted that it is stronger than the image he is portraying

and it is diecast.

The bar is probably diecast. However, the tiny connection points at each end are plastic. I really wish the high speed mode wasn't there since it just seems like an accident waiting to happen. Although I wonder if that same mechanism is used to fold the wing more compactly for battroid.

They should do a poll for paint choices, then build to order.

But that's a licensing nightmare lol.

That's actually a really good idea. Since there's already an established relationship with Hasegawa they could offer a set choice of let's say 5 schemes. And like the VF-4G and the YF-19 build to order.

Maybe I should put this in the "One wish for Arcadia" thread. :lol:

-b.

Wow, I haven't been back here in a long time, but I was a big fan of the YF-19, so this is a nice surprise. I skimmed through what I could of 70 pages of this thread, but mostly, this new revision boasts a bulkier and more posable battroid right? Seems like the fittings are tighter, and it doesn't have that stupid inverted belly plate in fighter mode. And the wings can be pulled back for high-speed mode! What else am I missing? Also, is the canopy supposed to be tinted on the final version, or are they just doing that because they haven't finished cockpit details?

I luckily have a rather tight fitting 1/60 yammy yf-19 which I really like the fighter mode of, so I'm wondering if this will be worth the plunge.

Wow, I haven't been back here in a long time, but I was a big fan of the YF-19, so this is a nice surprise. I skimmed through what I could of 70 pages of this thread, but mostly, this new revision boasts a bulkier and more posable battroid right? Seems like the fittings are tighter, and it doesn't have that stupid inverted belly plate in fighter mode. And the wings can be pulled back for high-speed mode! What else am I missing? Also, is the canopy supposed to be tinted on the final version, or are they just doing that because they haven't finished cockpit details?

I luckily have a rather tight fitting 1/60 yammy yf-19 which I really like the fighter mode of, so I'm wondering if this will be worth the plunge.

It also has 3 hard points per wing, a ton of munitions options, concealed missiles in the legs, fast packs and a cool new Isamu mould among other things.

It's not a "revision." It's completely new engineering. It fits together tighter and better in all three modes. It's a completely new sculpt that looks better in all three modes. The body holds together in both Gerwalk and Battroid now so it isn't a floppy mess. There's better articulation (debatable in Gerwalk due to the type of ankles they went with.) Better quality plastic. Plus what Deadeye said, hardpoints, missiles, etc...

Actually, I'd argue that the lack of ability to click the thigh more than three times was also a mark against it. The Bandai valks have smaller areas and they get a TON of movement there. That would make Gerwalk far more dynamic on the 19 in addition to the ankles.

Actually, I'd argue that the lack of ability to click the thigh more than three times was also a mark against it. The Bandai valks have smaller areas and they get a TON of movement there. That would make Gerwalk far more dynamic on the 19 in addition to the ankles.

Yea that always bugged me looking at pics of the 19