Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Don't you like the tan and black color with the pink highlights?

Apart from the background, I can't see anything in pink, am I missing something?

It's the perfect low vis scheme :D Double blade ftw.

Also I don't see anything different from the previous prototype. Maybe it'll be clearer with newer pictures.

The main difference is no more resin parts.

yes we know, you're acting like a troll(child), but if you have nothing to add to the 19 discussion move along.

I have added to the discussion that A: it's too pricey and B: the above picture of it doesn't make it look all that good so if you don't like me saying that then too bad.

And I think that we are all children at heart here or we wouldn't be collecting plastic toys. ;)

Probably not but if this isn't the time to look for reasons not to spend 300 bucks on that beauty by hitting the panic button like crazy then I don't know what to think about this community. ;)

Hasn't that been happening since we first saw images of the prototype? :mellow:

I'm guessing the pink's on the shoulders.

Apart from the background, I can't see anything in pink, am I missing something?.

The blocks where the shoulder piece is attached to the main body are definitely not black. Maybe my monitor is playing tricks on my. Do you think it has the same color as the wings?

Guest davidwhangchoi

I have added to the discussion that A: it's too pricey and B: the above picture of it doesn't make it look all that good so if you don't like me saying that then too bad.

And I think that we are all children at heart here or we wouldn't be collecting plastic toys. ;)

lol, ok, i noticed on your comments here, on the 1D thread as well as the bandai renewal thread you seem to be a pretty agitated/snarky when people are not even talking to you. yep, my bad i should've followed others lead and just ignored you. my mistake.

The fold booster and pin pint barrier thing he's just referencing people's questions and assuring they are not on the table right now.

thanks, i just want to hold judgement until it's confirmed what he's saying. i don't want to conclude the fold booster is not in the plans right now. (i'm actually hoping he's not saying that)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

The blocks where the shoulder piece is attached to the main body are definitely not black. Maybe my monitor is playing tricks on my. Do you think it has the same color as the wings?

Oh, you meant those reflexes. I thought you were talking about some pieces cast in pink plastic that I couldn't see.

The fold booster and pin pint barrier thing he's just referencing people's questions and assuring they are not on the table right now.

He seems to point out peoples dislike of the LED effect in the old foldildo.

Aw, I actually liked the old led effect.

lol, ok, i noticed on your comments here, on the 1D thread as well as the bandai renewal thread you seem to be a pretty agitated/snarky when people are not even talking to you. yep, my bad i should've followed others lead and just ignored you. my mistake.

Hey buddy, take a long walk on a short pier.

Welcome to Macross World where the only opinion you are allowed to have is that everything Yamato/Arcadia makes is perfection...until version 2 comes out, then the reissue, then version 3, then version 3.1 with option parts. And be sure to send a personalized thank you card to Bandai for the fake shortages last year that skyrocketed certain models 3-4 times retail; which has now inverted itself and you can pick up every recent release for less than retail.

Also do NOT express any opinions along the lines of....

-These cheap Chinese toys are exactly that, cheap pieces of Chinese plastic crap.

-Said cheap pieces of exploding Chinese crap are NOT worth retail, and certainly not worth more than that.

-This entire forum is a full of morons who advertised that they were dumb enough to pay $300+ for a cheap piece of plastic in the "What would you be willing to pay Arcadia" thread (or whatever the crap they called it) so now Arcadia is doing exactly what the forum asked for and completely raping the consumer on pricing.

-Macross 7 was made for children, lovers of really crappy music, and pedophiles.

And no matter what you do do not EVER point out that when there is a valk shortage and an HLJ employee directly informs you in writing that they presold lots of 10 don't you dare suggest that we ask them to play fair and let everyone have a fair shake at getting a preorder! Because that makes you a complete a-hole for asking a retailer to treat the consumers with a little respect and not feed the scalpers (meanwhile the entire forum will do exactly what you suggested and it will cause HLJ to change their policies while they berate and curse at you for daring to make the suggestion they are hypocritically following).

Man this forum is amusing. I still love Macross and I stop in here from time to time to see what's new out of curiosity, but I'll be spending my money on real toys like this from now on....

Tavor-glamor-shot.jpg

Paid for this bad boy with the sale of only a couple of my old Valks. And this won't disintegrate into crumbly pieces of plastic from simply sitting on the shelf.

Ignore Davidwangychan's posts. He even send people PMs telling them not to have their own opinions; apparently dissenting opinions are tantamount to thought crime around here. And now for XrentonX and anime2KPedochan's generic, inane, and predictable replies to any post I make....oh, never mind, I blocked them so I can't read their vapid nonsense....

Just because you switched to buying overtly expensive hobby guns for the range

Doesn't mean it's ok to come in here and say elitist "I'm over toys losers" whining parade.

We don't need people chiming in every page to say the same damn thing over and over again.

We heard his opinion, and yours, feel free to leave the thread, if your not into it's contents.

He seems to point out peoples dislike of the LED effect in the old foldildo.

I like the LED effect on the old foldildo. :p

I think the point of the pic was to show how the wing for high speed mode works.

Aw, I actually liked the old led effect.

I also loved the LED's guys, but I hated the fast blinky cycle. I wish it would have just faded from one color to another without that final blinking sequence. If they can do that next time around, I would buy it again.

Ignore Davidwangychan's posts. He even send people PMs telling them not to have their own opinions; apparently dissenting opinions are tantamount to thought crime around here. And now for XrentonX and anime2KPedochan's generic, inane, and predictable replies to any post I make....oh, never mind, I blocked them so I can't read their vapid nonsense....

I'm getting really tired of people blaming the forums for everyone not agreeing with them. Surprise! People like most of Macross and most Macross merchandise here. You come here and act like you're better than everyone else and say that your interest is better than ours and get irritated that people don't all of a sudden sing you praises? Who's the idiot here? Why don't you go to gun forum and tell everyone there how your collection is better and they're stupid for buying the ones they have and see if things go better for you? Personal insults are not allowed here and since this isn't your first reported complaint then... ban!

IF ANYONE HAS A DEAL PENDING WITH THIS GUY PM ME WITH LEGITIMATE PROOF. THANKS.

Guest davidwhangchoi

wow! the crybabies or coming out of the woods on the 19 thread today...

i'm with skullmilitia on this one, though i may banter with him, he actually cares about this hobby and actually contributes to this thread. he gets my respect.

those who just come to make comments on how it's a waste or "i can't believe people are paying for this???" or this is cheap plastic or you can't disagree with people here... oh, because i'm a grown baby and i can do whatever i want? wah wah wah..

i guess i should go to a thread i don't care for and post "omg! i can't believe you guys are into this!!!!" i need attention. omg! then someone makes me feel stupid for my stupid comments... and i need the last word. wah wah wah i think i need a diaper... and need to keep posting there bc they are actually intelligent and thoughtful and post things about the subject... omg! i need a good comeback or i keep looking stupid... bc i can't add anything intelligible to the thread that's coherent but i feel stupid and need to keep on to prove a point.

i'm looking forward to the new pictures of the 19 all painted up and i hope all the gaps of the intake fill in nicely in fighter mode.

Welcome to Macross World where the only opinion you are allowed to have is that everything Yamato/Arcadia makes is perfection...until version 2 comes out, then the reissue, then version 3, then version 3.1 with option parts. And be sure to send a personalized thank you card to Bandai for the fake shortages last year that skyrocketed certain models 3-4 times retail; which has now inverted itself and you can pick up every recent release for less than retail.

Also do NOT express any opinions along the lines of....

-These cheap Chinese toys are exactly that, cheap pieces of Chinese plastic crap.

-Said cheap pieces of exploding Chinese crap are NOT worth retail, and certainly not worth more than that.

-This entire forum is a full of morons who advertised that they were dumb enough to pay $300+ for a cheap piece of plastic in the "What would you be willing to pay Arcadia" thread (or whatever the crap they called it) so now Arcadia is doing exactly what the forum asked for and completely raping the consumer on pricing.

-Macross 7 was made for children, lovers of really crappy music, and pedophiles.

And no matter what you do do not EVER point out that when there is a valk shortage and an HLJ employee directly informs you in writing that they presold lots of 10 don't you dare suggest that we ask them to play fair and let everyone have a fair shake at getting a preorder! Because that makes you a complete a-hole for asking a retailer to treat the consumers with a little respect and not feed the scalpers (meanwhile the entire forum will do exactly what you suggested and it will cause HLJ to change their policies while they berate and curse at you for daring to make the suggestion they are hypocritically following).

Man this forum is amusing. I still love Macross and I stop in here from time to time to see what's new out of curiosity, but I'll be spending my money on real toys like this from now on....

<snipped ridiculous gun that has nothing to do with Macross whatsoever>

Paid for this bad boy with the sale of only a couple of my old Valks. And this won't disintegrate into crumbly pieces of plastic from simply sitting on the shelf.

What did I do?

Edit: huh...nevermind...guess it's over...

Edited by xrentonx

Shiny finish? Ugh. That makes it look like a toy, not a model.

Eh? Where is it said that there'll be a shiny finish? There was no mention of that. The completed one will most probably be of the matte we see in the prototype.

i'm looking forward to the new pictures of the 19 all painted up and i hope all the gaps of the intake fill in nicely in fighter mode.

Same here. Don't forget the knee joint in fighter too..

What did I do?

Edit: huh...nevermind...guess it's over...

At least he went out with a .... bang? hahahaha

As for me, I guess it's time I save up for this beast. I should stop buying but it's hard -_-.

They should start making gummy pilots with rotating heads. So that it won't be weird posing valks in gerwalk aiming to the right but the pilot is looking dead ahead.

Edited by close313

At least he went out with a .... bang? hahahaha

As for me, I guess it's time I save up for this beast. I should stop buying but it's hard -_-.

They should start making gummy pilots with rotating heads. So that it won't be weird posing valks in gerwalk aiming to the right but the pilot is looking dead ahead.

Wait, you guys haven't been decapitating your pilots and sticking the head back on facing the right direction? I thought that's SOP...

Yeah, this seems like one of those classic cases where the company was damned if they did and damned if they didn't. The payload and all the extras are sweet... but 90% of people are going to leave 90% of them in the box. The smarter alternative would have been to sell an appendix with a display stand but then 90% of those people that would leave 90% of the extras in the box would bemoan that the extras should have been included with the original toy ignoring the savings they almost certainly would have received. In the end, I would have purchased all the extras, so it doesn't bother me, but it's a shame there isn't a bare bones option (nothing except the toy, pilot, and gun) for like $50 less.

I think it's more of a "this is going to cost a lot no matter what so let's give them as much as we can and make it look like it's worth it" case. And it's probably the same when it comes to the VF-1 with the stand and option parts. But yeah, damned if they did or didn't. At this point though, with the cost of manufacturing going up most people here would be saying "For that much they might have included all the missiles from that book cover" if they didn't. Honestly though. If Yamato had just disappeared, we'd be begging a company like Club-M to make the perfect detail YF-19 non transformable resin kit at this scale and fighting each other to pay 2.5 x more. Yup. That's how I'm justifying it. :lol:

I think it is for most people too.

At least we have a company still that's able to do such products for collectors like us. So the least we could do is support them while we can. If it's way above the budget or not worth it, hold it back and support in another way. To each his own.

You said it, Falcon18.

There will be other Arcadia releases. And even if future Valkyries are too expensive, then a person can contribute to this community in other ways. There is other merchandise, there are custom projects, modeling kits, and artwork, there are forum members simply looking for help day by day. Picking one and setting aside that time seems to be an easy way to pay it back to me, especially if the other stuff is out of reach. Those who can do more than one thing are pretty cool in my book.

Personally, I've been in that place where I had to stop a lot of stuff I enjoyed because my finances couldn't maintain my hobbies. I missed out on all the Yamato releases from 2010 or so because of it. Am I upset at the people here because I had to focus on other important things like bills and basic necessities? Not at all. Life happens, and with luck things turn around. And now I'm not lurking today. So that's my story in a nutshell.

Guest davidwhangchoi

two factors why i think the 19's a decent price at least compared to the vf-4g

one is timing: the yen to usd rate is very good right now it's actually a 1:1 ratio which wasn't the case with 4g (maybe it was close).

second: the early bird specials are better vs. the vf-4g's early bird specials, which was a nice bird with no gun pod.

big in japan discounts it to 26200 yen. (i got 2x there, i'm being cheap) which is a decent discount. as well as anime export has it for 15% off.

personally i would get one there or anime export and pay upfront to take advantage of the yen rate now. (if i didn't already!)

i think once i hit the vf-4g zone (330-340usd) i was extremely happy to find cheaper offerings for the 19.

max and miria, if they ever do come out will prob be in the 22000yen-24000yen (maybe 20000 early bird)... (26200yen aint too bad at all)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Eh? Where is it said that there'll be a shiny finish? There was no mention of that. The completed one will most probably be of the matte we see in the prototype.

I'm just going by the finish on the test shot picture. It looks glossy to me. And we can't go by the finish of a resin prototype that was painted. Completely different process there.