Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

10193374603_4193223dec_o.jpg

Well if you zoom in and look at the Gerwalk image in the background, other than adding a bit of a lip on the foot to block the joint it pretty much looks like the exact same ankle (provided that hasn't been changed along with anything else since those pics were taken.)

anybody wanna buy my double nuts Yamato?? :lol::lol::lol::mellow: (which secretly I still prefer that paint scheme to the Isamu tan, I think it's hideous) *ducks and runs for cover* I'm buying to support Arcadia and for the engineering coolness. Mine will definitely be sporting the green and white missiles on the left hand side...those are wicked!

which by the by...does anyone know if we are getting waterslide decals along with stickers??? For this price one would hope so!

Edited by derex3592

anybody wanna buy my double nuts Yamato?? :lol::lol::lol::mellow: (which secretly I still prefer that paint scheme to the Isamu tan, I think it's hideous) *ducks and runs for cover* I'm buying to support Arcadia and for the engineering coolness. Mine will definitely be sporting the green and white missiles on the left hand side...those are wicked!

which by the by...does anyone know if we are getting waterslide decals along with stickers??? For this price one would hope so!

I prefer the Double Nuts scheme as well. I was never a fan of Isamu's scheme either. This is purely to get sales for other 19's.

I wouldn't bet on the cockpit hatch just yet.. it looks like it does have a flap there on the backplate like the VF-19s, but I don't think there will be room to get out that way since the forward canopy hinge has to take that space.

Edited by Chronocidal

I wouldn't bet on the cockpit hatch just yet.. it looks like it does have a flap there on the backplate like the VF-19s, but I don't think there will be room to get out that way since the forward canopy hinge has to take that space.

I've seen a CAD image where it shows this gimmick. Let me check it and I'll post it!!!

The basic transformation, gimmick and sculpt won't have too much difference from the Fire Valkyrie. I don't know much about plastic molding, but I think they have to create a set of completely new mold to make the plastic in matte finish.

... I don't know much about plastic molding, but I think they have to create a set of completely new mold to make the plastic in matte finish.

You are correct.

The YF-19 is an entirely new toy in relation to the Fire Valkyrie and its VF-19 variants; note that all VF-19 versions are high gloss as they share most components across all models, excluding new tools for wings, wing gloves, heads, and small details... there was no way to get a matt VF-19P once Yamato decided on highly polished tooling for the Kai. The only things, toy wise, shared between the VF-19s and YF-19, and VF-19A, are the development of the design and engineering (the ground work was paved by Basara's ride), and some possible die-cast components, and maybe the tires... nothing else is compatible in form or finish. The tooling for the YF-19 had their cavities purposefully finished with a specific mold-tech etching in order to achieve the non-reflective matt finish we expect to see in the final molded parts.

From the pics it's pretty clear that the YF-19 has the cockpit access hatch like the VF-19 when in battroid.

The outer hatch but also the instrument panel seem to be hinged.

The hatch is there but Mr-K has stated that the seat can't rotate due to the fact of being a double seat cockpit, which makes the hatch gimmick useless. And yeah, don't forget the canopy hinge.

Ok now that I placed a preorder I have the right to complain about this toy. So let the nitpicking begin!

I don't like the lover leg swivel. It is the same that the VF-19 had and it just looks like it's a cut up figure not a high end toy.

I don't understand why the sliders for the leg are black and not tan on the one hand I think that a pure tan underbelly of the plane would look good and on the other hand it is a nice highlight.

Other that that... it looks great.

So the bridges for the fold booster are in the picture only but NOT part of the actual toy display. I wonder why???

Cause most people still have them, that's what they are banking on

Do you mean covers for the gaps on the back of the legs? That's what I was hoping they are, but it's hard for me to visualize how they fit together.

It's under the shoulder pauldron on the back of the leg in fighter mode.

You can kind of see it here in this pic.

OP51380621066.jpg

I don't know why they don't have it attached to the back of the legs for battroid mode in this pic, but it ought to be there:

OP91380621066.jpgyf-19-fastpack-battroid-rear.gif

I'm with David, I need a Fold Booster as well.

Macross Junkie, sometimes they just don't put everything on when they're running through all the promo photos. Those pieces are on display as being a part of the set, likely they weren't attached because either they forgot or didn't think it was necessary for the promos.