Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

All the pictures show that the yf-19 are missing the grey bars above the intakes. It should be included if one wants to be accurate. But does it make it look better? I believe when the pics of the v2 came out, the grey bars were also missing until someone informed them.

All the pictures show that the yf-19 are missing the grey bars above the intakes. It should be included if one wants to be accurate. But does it make it look better? I believe when the pics of the v2 came out, the grey bars were also missing until someone informed them.

Somebody is going to have to circle this spot for me because I still don't know what everyone is talking about.

Somebody is going to have to circle this spot for me because I still don't know what everyone is talking about.

It's on the area where it meets the chest plate, they have done it right on previous versions so I don't think they are going to miss that.

Yamato-172-YF19-4.jpg

But it's not on the lineart you posted. Nor is it on the lineart of each of the three modes posted a few pages back.

The markings are present in the line-art, however they are not colored light grey. And I believe those images were fan-colored as opposed to officially colored.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I will since I should have 4000 or more points to burn by the time Apil rolls around. :)

wow 4000, you must've brought a lot of stuff to accumulate that many points.

i have 300 pts at hobby search :)

I like those posed hands, only the VF-1 is gratuitous enough to come with pose clown or DYRL hands.

Rippoff-Yasan has the YF-19 on preorder now, surprisingly higher than expected, guess people are catching up to their shipping scam

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/macross/5997-macross-plus-yf-19-with-fast-packs.html

How are AmiAmi shipping rates?? similar to HLJ?

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Valkyrie addict, I chose Nippon-Yasan since they tend to down-mark the declared value on the shipping box, meaning I might be able to avoid a lot of taxes. So for me and probably many other Europeans, that's still probably the cheapest alternative. I have never had any trouble with them before.

Valkyrie addict, I chose Nippon-Yasan since they tend to down-mark the declared value on the shipping box, meaning I might be able to avoid a lot of taxes. So for me and probably many other Europeans, that's still probably the cheapest alternative. I have never had any trouble with them before.

Same here...i save almost 90 dollars in taxes :) ...NY rules.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I got one at HLJ and one at Big in Japan. I don't know what the exchange rates will be like by April so at least I have one locked in at the current exchange rate. If it gets much worse near time of release, I'll just cancel my second order and just deal with having one.

i paid fully for two at Big in Japan, Initially, I ordered and payed for one then ordered another trying to use the pay later option. They e-mailed me saying any order above 20,000yen needs to be paid in full and asked me to re-order the using the pay now option. So i did and paid for the 2nd on the same account. i guess they're ok with more than one order if you pay in full.

looks like my third will be coming from amiam or hlj.. maybe i can get a 4th by april depending on when the pre-order window deadline is.

Updated: added cdjapan to the list:

cdjapan for ¥32800 (payment upfront required, shipping will be billed later)

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/goods/goods_detail.html?KEY=NEOGDS-97581

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I'm surprised the Amazon japan preorder is so expensive. As in, full price. I guess I've just gotten spoiled by their super low prices on new Transformers releases.....

I don't know....even if I lucked into a deep discount, I still don't think I can afford it.

My favorite part is how awesome the two tiny little pilots look, chilling in the cockpit. Think they can actually get the paint details that good on the production piece? Those are gonna be some seriously TINY figures!

Anyway, I definitely envy those of you that will own this beauty....I hope it brings you hours of excitement! Take lots of pictures!

Still weighing my options. Just wish I could click the pre-order button now considering I've missed every valk up to date. Still regretting those decisions lol.

Any Singaporean members here able to advise on which option would be the best? In terms of total price, shipping and customs.

As of now I'm guessing BigInJap is the best since the total price would roughly be <400 thus avoiding tax for us but am I wrong?

Much appreciated guys, thanks :)

Still weighing my options. Just wish I could click the pre-order button now considering I've missed every valk up to date. Still regretting those decisions lol.

Any Singaporean members here able to advise on which option would be the best? In terms of total price, shipping and customs.

As of now I'm guessing BigInJap is the best since the total price would roughly be <400 thus avoiding tax for us but am I wrong?

Yeap, pretty much. Amiami might be a close 2nd, but they would not under declare the value for you.

So BiginJapan or NY would be preferred as these 2 can declare a lower value for you.

My only problem is having to pay up front at such an early stage. I'm still thinking about it.

Aren't you guys have local toy stores like ToysNtoys. It's been a long time since I purchased the V2 1/60 M&M from them.

Aren't you guys have local toy stores like ToysNtoys. It's been a long time since I purchased the V2 1/60 M&M from them.

As far as I know, Toysntoys hasn't taken any Arcadia preorders yet (not even the VF-1J).

Most of our local shops are just import shops all the same (most of them getting their stock from HK suppliers). Often the prices are jacked up really high, making them more expensive than importing it ourselves. I don't blame them for the high price though, as the costs of rental here are pretty high.

For example, 1 of the local shop here is selling the YF-19 at about USD 385 / 37,529 yen. Off course we're gonna go with importing, as even with the shipping fees, it's still a cheaper option than the insane prices local shops sell them at. Also, some local shops take forever to open up preorders. We won't even know if they will open preorder for certain items or not, unless we check with them.

Also, after experiencing a few instances of local shops not being able to secure goods / or that 1 instance where a shop went bankrupt (pocketing customers' preorder money no less), I've decided I've had it with my local shops and have gone full import (it usually works out to be cheaper anyways).

Edited by SaitouSad

I like those posed hands, only the VF-1 is gratuitous enough to come with pose clown or DYRL hands.

Rippoff-Yasan has the YF-19 on preorder now, surprisingly higher than expected, guess people are catching up to their shipping scam

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/macross/5997-macross-plus-yf-19-with-fast-packs.html

How are AmiAmi shipping rates?? similar to HLJ?

In Canada, there's usually a $30-40 customs & duties often with an additional $10 brokerage/processing fee - so any place else (HLJ, AmiAmi, HS) other than NY willl have to chage 4,000 - 5,000Y cheaper for it to make any difference to my pocketbook. Plus, I'd rather pay NY for their service (which without them, I wouldn't have been able to get any of my Bandai Renewals) than the government which has done nothing but hinder my toy buying.

Cheers fellas. I'm in for less then two hundred quid pre shipping.

Should I get it EMS or FedEx from NY?

I went with EMS as there was only a 200Y difference between the two and Fed-Ex is 2-3 days where EMS 3-4 days - but with the Post from NY, I usually get through without customs/duty charges. With FedEx, there will always be a brokerage fee even if the customs/duties were zero (at least in Canada).

Guest davidwhangchoi

Added info for shops that will mark down custom values for import duties.

master list of yf-19 pre-order shops so far with prices attached and cheapest shipping quotes, if available, to save time.

amiami (thanks SaitouSad) for ¥28,980

http://www.amiami.co...002551&page=top

hlj (thanks neoexcaliber) for ¥29,520

http://www.hlj.com/p...ct/ACA82042/Sci

nippon yasan (SaitouSad) for ¥29,750 (EMS ¥5400 to US/Canada) will declare low custom value for import duties

http://www.nippon-ya...fast-packs.html

Big In Japan (thanks Dark_Ghost) for ¥26 250 (EMS ¥4700 to USA) (full payment upfront required including shipping) ability to indicate the value you want declared for customs (indicate in the comment section when pre-ordering)

http://www.biginjap....-fast-pack.html

Hobby Search (SaitouSad) for ¥29,520

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10246266

Anime-Export (thanks PsYcHoDyNaMiX) for ¥27880 (payment upfront required, shipping will be billed later)

http://www.anime-exp...m/product/16354

cdjapan for ¥32800 (payment upfront required, shipping will be billed later)

http://www.cdjapan.c...EY=NEOGDS-97581

Edited by davidwhangchoi