Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

The canopy is fine with me, but the only thing that bothers me is the thick intake that many have mentioned. Overall it's an amazing toy.

That thick intake is necessary for the mechanism that allows the legs to swivel in Battroid though.

My 'maybe' has become a 'most definitely.' I think this would look really nice on display beside the YF-29 Isamu.

That's dangerous, as it'll eclipse the -29 in almost every way.

Edit: Dat delicious yummy matte goodness.

Edited by raptormesh

Guest davidwhangchoi

so the canopy window is blue. definitely getting 2+

oh, i can't wait till pre-orders open.....

i think the intake gap got to us bc of the prototype photo with the crooked gap caught everyone's attention. edite: chucked in the old photo to contrast w/ the newer photos(baby blue background)

1_zps7405befb.jpg

(newer photos)

2_zps784a949e.jpg

3_zps0dccb1c8.jpg

4_zps28fa98a0.jpg

but i'll get over it...i'm loving it.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Great photos... however that thick upper lip to the intakes looks even worst in some of these pictures. It looks like I would mostly have it in the plane mode to display it with all the weapons laid out, so the aircraft mode is always most important for me. It's not a deal-breaker, but its certainly something I had wished they gotten right to prioritize for the aircraft mode over the other modes. (one of the reasons I still like the 1/48s so much)

Am I the only one that is still bothered for the space between the gunpod and the ground? Gunpod is almost touching that acrylic base.

Looking at my VF-19S it seems that the space is exactly the size. I don't understand why they don't allow the stock of the gun-pod to be pushed in further. Maybe because then the gun looks not real enough. ^_^

Great photos... however that thick upper lip to the intakes looks even worst in some of these pictures. It looks like I would mostly have it in the plane mode to display it with all the weapons laid out, so the aircraft mode is always most important for me. It's not a deal-breaker, but its certainly something I had wished they gotten right to prioritize for the aircraft mode over the other modes. (one of the reasons I still like the 1/48s so much)

The mechanism that allows the legs to be rotated outward in Battroid won't allow that portion to be any smaller. Unless you want a stiff-legged version like the V.1.

That's dangerous, as it'll eclipse the -29 in almost every way.

Edit: Dat delicious yummy matte goodness.

True, but I like to display stuff in pairs. I currently have a VF-1S Hikaru Strike along with a VF-25S Armored to show the then and now of the basic valkyrie design. To me the YF-19 & YF-29 are kind of the then and now of the advanced valkyrie design.

The shoulder stock on the gun pod really reminds me of the Magpul UBR stock on my AR. The cockpit glass could be a little lighter, but overall, I'm thoroughly impressed.

I've never noticed that until now, but you're right. Magpul totally ripped off macross. Mind=blown :o

I like it but the leg intakes really bug me. I think I'll have to manually paint the feet, joints, and intake covers dark gray. Not feeling the dark turquoise. Just my opinion that is, Even if its more anime accurate. Grey just looks so much better :p

macross-plus-yf-19-mmm.jpg

Edited by IIymij

The downward pointing gunpod and the thick intake lip are definitely disappointing on a piece as pricey as this new YF-19 is. Arcadia should've designed the gun with a pivoting stock or grip so the barrel could face forward. As for the lip, assuming the thickness at the present edge is absolutely necessary to accommodate the rotation mechanism, they could have extended the lip 1.0-1.5 mm to make it visually sharper without compromising anything (see image).

post-664-0-04146000-1380841659_thumb.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

just quoting Arcadia's Twitter, someone asked when does reservations(pre-orders) start because they see the yf-19 in magazines but no date.

Here's Arcadia's response:

ARCADIA @ ARCADIA_Co_Ltd

Thank you for the! Is that with regard to reserved start date, but it is soon expected to start booking! Thank you by all means ... I am sorry, clear information is not possible tell! 

this was tweeted Oct 2nd so maybe pretty soon we'll have something come up.

this is Mr. K joking about the intake gap in the photo and people comment that they hope it's fixed in the final version. it's an old tweet from Sept 21st

And clearance of the intake stands out are you like it. pic.twitter.com/y3ujkc9juZ

Edited by davidwhangchoi

The downward pointing gunpod and the thick intake lip are definitely disappointing on a piece as pricey as this new YF-19 is. Arcadia should've designed the gun with a pivoting stock or grip so the barrel could face forward. As for the lip, assuming the thickness at the present edge is absolutely necessary to accommodate the rotation mechanism, they could have extended the lip 1.0-1.5 mm to make it visually sharper without compromising anything (see image).

attachicon.gif2_zps784a949e.jpg

Great idea!!!

just quoting Arcadia's Twitter, someone asked when does reservations(pre-orders) start because they see the yf-19 in magazines but no date.

Here's Arcadia's response:

this was tweeted Oct 2nd so maybe pretty soon we'll have something come up.

this is Mr. K joking about the intake gap and people comment that they hope it's fixed in the final version. it's an old tweet from Sept 21st

I can't read japanese, what was Mr. K's response?

Guest davidwhangchoi

I can't read japanese, what was Mr. K's response?

Mr. K @ Mrk_arcadia

@ Sleipnir1999 ~ Yeah. It is a feeling of failed adjustment. Because there was a gap some photos to put on the first, I would tried to break and little .... Moreover, the frequency of use too much recently, loose fit Dano Dano occurring Ru shift. Products because it is solid material, I may end up over fire (laughs)

here's his response above: i'm almost positive he's just talking about the bad photos bc the prototype was used alot... A followup comment was tweeted about hoping he will fix the gap in the final build but Mr. K just talks about the poor photos. i'm sure he is aware of the intakes but there's no talk he will redesign the intake clearance but indicates the gaps will be fixed.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Nice pics. I wonder how many transformation cycles that thing went through? Got some chips by the knee and intake covers in the pics. Hopefully tell let us know very soon when preorders start.

Guys, we go through this every time. Except for the shape of the leg/intake that entire section is exactly the same as the VF-19. There's no gap on the VF-19. The YF-19 in that photo is a resin prototype and doesn't hold together well. The thickness of that intake edge won't change, though once it's all sewn up it may look better.

The gap in the knees is much improved over the VF-19, at least there's a sliding door there to cover it a bit. The VF-19 series doesn't have that at all. Unless you're looking at it from right below it'snot easy to notice anyway. I'm not sure there would be any way to fully cover that gap but I'm glad they've given it a shot. Between the VF and YF 19 they've specifically tried to improve the mold as much as they can (except for the ankles...)

Might pass... It looks good but I'm not a big enough fan of 7 or the design to drop $360 after shipping. So many other good things coming out next year....

Not that I wouldn't spend that much on something I really want, but I'd rather have an Ultra Magnus or something else coming out .... haha

I could see myself keeping it in fighter mode... and if the transformation is enjoyable... maybe I'll wait and see if it doesn't sell well and grab one on sale.

Just thinking out loud mind you.. I know lots of people think this is the best thing since sliced bread haha.

Edited by Gakken85

How can anyone not be a fan of the YF-19 design? hehe, kidding, to each its own.

The sliding door has that little tab I supposed it's to lock beneath the knee, don't know why they left it that way, maybe to show how it's supposed to work.

Curious how the have the rudder folded only in gerwalk and not in battroid. Also, there were to little pieces that seemed part of the leg FP that are not seen here. Maybe they're not for the FP after all.

Guest davidwhangchoi

yeah, i saw that tweet too,

it looks like we have a Pre-Order date for us Web peoples, (Arcadia Web shop opens up to take orders monday october 7th)

Oct 7th Monday

available now!!!

Edited by davidwhangchoi