Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

This is basically my holy grail of Macross merchandise, as it was my love of Macross Plus that got me into it. I'm willing to pay just about any price for this, so ~$300 is a bargain. It's not a plastic toy, it's a piece of art that I'll cherish for a long time.

That's the spirit! :lol:

Edited by Reïvaj

I was expecting a 32000yen MSRP and I am gonna get one. Yes it is expensive but not untouchable for me, as I only collect toys on limited franchise and most of those franchise are kind of dead now ...Certainly, different people have different priorities, just take it easy and don't make toy collecting a stress, which is exactly what it is meant to be...

I have got all 4 variations of the Ver.1 1/60 ( bought with pretty good discount a few years ago ) and I think they are quite good already. so if the new version is really too expensive for you right now, stay with the old ones and you can still have a lot of fun.

We'll never know ALL the reasons that Arcadia is charging so much for this toy. New molds, price of oil/labor, etc....all that stuff factors in to it.

But the number one reason they charge so much is simply because they can. The Japanese market allows releases like this at these kinds of prices. Japanese collectors WILL pay this much money, gladly, for this kind of product.

And I never insinuated that anyone that does pay that kind of money is "crazy" or anything like that. We aren't all on equal levels financially. Anyone is free to do whatever they want with their own money!! I simply don't make enough cash and I don't want this particular toy badly enough to justify the purchase.

I DO still want a transforming toy of the YF-19 in the anime colors. It's been eluding me ever since 1999 when I saw an ad for the first Yamato releases in a Toyfare magazine, but they were never imported. (Thanks Harmony Gold....weren't they the reason that never happened?) That's closer to the size and scale I have always wanted, but from all accounts, that first 1/72 release was a piece of crap and isn't worth tracking down and paying for these days. So even though the YF 19 is a on a short list of my toy Holy Grails that I don't have or have never been produced...this one isn't quite it...I need one a little smaller and simpler.

But I am thrilled for all you guys that are lucky enough to own this bad boy early next year. I'll be living vicariously through all the pics you're going to post here!!

They could make the plastic trays fold up too. Somehow. haha. You'd think Japan of all nations would have this sorted.

But yeah Bandai knows how to pack a box. The problem with the Yamato is the sheer size. Lots of open space that isn't needed with the valks wings open.

Arcadia should totally develop a transforming box. Like going from Transportation-Mode (protect the inside safely) over Display-Mode (arrange the inside in a fashionable way and have a flip-top lid) to Storage-Mode (to minimize storage space). Of course the toy inside should always be save.

But the number one reason they charge so much is simply because they can.

Agree

This is the same reason why you see 18000yen retail for MP Soundwave w/one tape in Japan and $120 retail for MP Soundwave w/four tapes in USA.

Same with MP Optimus Prime, 25000yen in Japan and the same toy in US for $99.

Well I'm sure it is not that easy to compare since they are not the same product i.e. they don't have the same finish.

Also the level of income might be different in Japan then say in the US. Also you don't know the company structure. Maybe Takara calculates the MSRP purely with the Japanese market in mind. So the sold units in Japan have to cover all the costs and create a profit. That means that Hasbro only has to cover the manufacturing costs. Also the packaging is different. And TRU has more power on the market than any other toy store, etc. etc.

Determining the price of a product is a difficult and complex topic and I'm not able to grasp it completely but that is what I came up with. However I have the feeling that there is more to the price of a toy then: "they charge that much because they can"

Edited by Scyla

I'm wondering now if Arcadia has a fold booster planned for this. I mean, they gave all those attachments for the most perfect YF-19 made to date but no fold booster. hmmmm.... :blink:

I'm guessing the old one won't be compatible? :(

Agree

This is the same reason why you see 18000yen retail for MP Soundwave w/one tape in Japan and $120 retail for MP Soundwave w/four tapes in USA.

Same with MP Optimus Prime, 25000yen in Japan and the same toy in US for $99.

Wha?

Tak MP soundwave was 12,600 yen first released.

Limited small market release.

Hasbro MP Soundwave is 129$ in a huge market release with

Around 10K units made.

Apples to oranges. Especially since the Hasbro has lower quality plastic and QC.

Until you guys understand markets, manufacturing and distributing.

It's best not to ASSume that Arcadia is raising prices just because.

If a VF-19 was 250$, then a fast packed version with extra missiles and gimmicks can't

Cost 300$?

You can't go by HKC's clearance prices. The VF-19's were all over 200$

With the P and the C being 24,499 yen on release.

Edited by skullmilitia

Wha?

Tak MP soundwave was 12,600 yen first released.

Limited small market release.

Hasbro MP Soundwave is 129$ in a huge market release with

Around 10K units made.

Apples to oranges. Especially since the Hasbro has lower quality plastic and QC.

Until you guys understand markets, manufacturing and distributing.

It's best not to ASSume that Arcadia is raising prices just because.

If a VF-19 was 250$, then a fast packed version with extra missiles and gimmicks can't

Cost 300$?

You can't go by HKC's clearance prices. The VF-19's were all over 200$

With the P and the C being 24,499 yen on release.

Actually, at Anime Export I paid 18700 for the P and 18720 for the 19F at Amiami, both were bought brand new at release.

Actually, at Anime Export I paid 18700 for the P and 18720 for the 19F at Amiami, both were bought brand new at release.

and back then the exchange rate was what? 85 yen per US dollar or less? Yen rate has a lot to do with pricing. Now with the yen rate dropping against other currencies, prices are bound to go up. They don't pay the Chinese factories in yen, you know......

and back then the exchange rate was what? 85 yen per US dollar or less? Yen rate has a lot to do with pricing. Now with the yen rate dropping against other currencies, prices are bound to go up. They don't pay the Chinese factories in yen, you know......

Crud, are you telling me that when the we get a favorable exchange rate, the yen price will just go up? Unfair!

I was kind of hoping they would include a fold booster with this as well... I don't need a light up one like the old version either.

I would like the lights again, but I want it to not have the 3-6 flashesat the end of the lighting pattern. I would like it to slowly move from color to color and maybe even blend a couple of the color combos. I don't turn mine on because it kinda looks funny when the final blinky pattern happens. It was an awesome idea, but I feel like execution could have been better. I actually decided to put the one I own on my VF-22 Max.

I will buy one definitely. But what worries me is that if there will be by the time of release another big release like the reissue ozma from bandai. I do hope this not happen

I seriously need another Ozma renewal and I know it will suck if it came out at the same time. I would basically end up spending a grand on 3 toys cause I am seriously leaning towardds 2x YF-19's.

Edited by Loop

I'm leaning toward picking it up - for nostalgia sake if nothing else.

I stumbled upon the prototypes of the original 1/72 line at SDCC many years ago - only time I ever attended. I think it was probably at the time when Yamato was trying to import these under the name Toycom or whatever it was. I ended up getting the Yamato 1/72 line and most everything else up through the VF-0.

Macros Plus was also my first exposure to real Macross.

so expensive but I think I might pick up two just in case the following alternates don't include extra missiles and such :)

Conversely, that's EXACTLY what I'm hoping for. Now sure if it'll lower the prices significantly enough to be accessible to those of us with other financial commitments (do home theater systems and PS4's count as financial "commitments?"), but it's better than nothing.

But we will be paying in Yen, so that price should still stay low or remain constant even if the numerical value is higher.

Yeah but they raise the yen value of the item to match the general exchange rate

So they end up getting the same amount if cash.

If during 1$= 100 yen and item was 25,000 yen = 250 USD

Then 1$ = 86 yen then the item gets sold at 29,000 yen to = 250 USD

The exchange rate only helps on goods that have old pricing.

As companies make new products, they just raise the yen value

To equalize the Internation exchange rates.

Exactly. YF-19 is going to be around the same price as VF-4G.

I got the VF-4G from HLJ for 25,700 yen, with 2,900 yen EMS shipping, which at 83 yen per dollar at the time equaled to $344.89 USD.

With the YF-19 likely going to be around 30,000 yen at pre-order price, we're looking at very similar price range with a lot more accessories.