Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

gorgeous.

I know it's probably the prototype but I'm very curious about the tinted canopy, the heavy tint is similar to the VF-1J 30th, I wonder if they will keep this or if it will be clear for release.

I don't mind either way, but the tinted canopy is quite eye-catching in the new photos. Certainly, if the old rainbow canopy issue is gone with the latest tinted canopies, then I'll take more of them please.

Overall, I love how this version is coming together.

We think so much alike! That's exactly what I was waiting for too... although its still a bit chunky in the middle of the neck, it still looks better than I would have thought from the previous photos. This is a definite must buy!!! Now where would I have room for it?

Is it me or do all the new Valks (Macross Frontier) look silly when they are on their landing gears. They look great in flight, but I feel all the old school design valks look good on their landing gears as well as in flight (when I saw the side elevation of the YF-19 above on its gears, it looks "right" - unlike any of the Bandai Renewal toys).

I agree. Necks still a tad thick but much better than the V1. Overall I think it looks great.

That side profile was pretty much how I thought it would be. That's about as slim as it gets for perfect transformation, IMO. Good enough for me! :D

-Kyp

Yup, I'm with you guys. Still a little thick in the neck, but acceptable. Looks very nice and is leaps and bounds better than the V1.

Chris

I just compared this thing to my VF-19F, the neck thickness looks to be exactly the same from the side profile. On more inspection, because of color, the location/shape of the wingroot and the intakes it slightly exposes more of the belly of the plane. Combine that with the fact it's a prototype and the portion forward of the landing gear is drooping a little I think there's a bit of optical illusion going on. The VF-19 has a bit of a bump in that same location as well.

Edited by Mommar

I'll be very happy if this bird turns for < 300

I really, really have a bad feeling about the price. The amount of add-on is just too high for something under 300 bucks.

VF-4 was 25,700 yen, no gunpod (I know is not supposed to equip a gunpod but) or payload. VS gunpod, fast packs and a ton o missiles in the same bundle.

Edited by Froy

They are going to want to stay as close to that 30,000 yen mark as possible.

Comparatively the VF-4 would have had a small run order.

Where as the YF-19 is one of the few Macross valks outside of the VF-1

That North America recognizes.

I expect the numbers will be higher and people buying more than one.

Also I'd expect some of the robotech fans who saw plus to end up buying one.

Which would be the new one, hence it's the best. Years and practice and engineering finally provides me with my dream toy. Haven't bought anything Macross related in a long time, but this is all I want right now. Time to start saving up.

Edited by kanedaestes

Looks great! But that bump down at the leading edge of the intakes still really bugs me - ruins the sleekness. Do you think its improper transformation and that it can be pushed up tighter against the chest plate (or is this just wishful thinking since its been shown like this in all the photographs already)?

post-244-0-83434100-1379862155_thumb.jpg

Looks great! But that bump down at the leading edge of the intakes still really bugs me - ruins the sleekness. Do you think its improper transformation and that it can be pushed up tighter against the chest plate (or is this just wishful thinking since its been shown like this in all the photographs already)?

attachicon.gifSIDEBYSIDE.jpg

That same bump exists on the VF-19 series as well. You just can't see it as easily because of the colors those fighters are painted. The only reason why it seems like it protrudes more is because on the VF-19 series the wing root extends along the fuselage all the way to the cockpit whereas it ends further back on the YF-19. That means that portion of the craft isn't going to be shaded, thus you're going to see more of a contrast at that point. The fact we're all worried about it means we'll notice it even more.

The intake covers have absolutely nothing to do with that portion of the craft...

Edited by Mommar

Maybe (and it is a big maybe) you can push them a little bit more into the upper intake area. But that is the place where the thigh joints should be located. Also to be able to move up the joints where the wings connect to the fuselage have to be able to compress.

So I don't see that happen but maybe (again!) Arcadia will surprise us. Even with this edge it looks super sleek in my eyes. And for me the Fighter-Mode is the best one for the Yamatos YF-19. I'm still curious how all the features of this toy work so I can't wait to have it in hand. :D

Edited by Scyla

Seriously, in person I don't believe it will be that bad. If you look at the VF-19 from head on the under fuselage flows perfectly. There's zero waddle hanging down at all. This is purely a play of light. It has to be a bit thicker for bits of the transformation to work but it still flows. You're seeing contrast at work because it's not being shielded from the light like the VF-19. Compare V1 to V2... V1 has a HUGE gullet. This is just the exposed lower fuselage with some contrast. It'll work out. Though I'm pretty sure filing it down will absolutely not work, for the said reason from head on the fuselage already flows in one perfect motion.

I wonder if we can re-shape the opening with some sanding and sand the outer edge and slope further up to minimize this?

Of course YOU and a few others will be able to re-shape it ;)

Yamato had already taken this into consideration with their VF-19 line, did anybody complain about that at the time?

And suddenly on second viewing I was completely wrong about what you're talking about. Even still, that part of the VF-19 is thicker as well. Once again, not as obvious because of color and because the wing root blocks it. Kind of a bummer but you might be able to shave that part down. Not sure if it would potentially make the transformation dangerous though.

Looking at the side pics above, it looks like the Arcadia has more pronounced anhedral main wings than the v1. I was trying to look for some type of front view line art to compare but didn't find any. I like the Arcadia version of it angling down, makes it look more agile I suppose.

Looking at the side pics above, it looks like the Arcadia has more pronounced anhedral main wings than the v1. I was trying to look for some type of front view line art to compare but didn't find any. I like the Arcadia version of it angling down, makes it look more agile I suppose.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39470&p=1075467

Most modern fighter jets have a slight anhedral---even the ones that look "flat" are usually actually like -1 degree.

How high up the wings are on the fuselage affects effective dihedral----having them higher increases it, so you start adding anhedral to counter it. This is why the C-5 and C-17 etc have large amounts of anhedral---the wings are so high up on the fuselage, they would actually have excessive effective dihedral otherwise.