Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Guest davidwhangchoi

"It is a simple mechanism than you think. It may be interesting even put on (or magazine or WEB) somewhere"

Quoting Mr. K responding on twitter to someone asking about the design of the highspeed yf-19 wings

Nice!! loving this bird

Although I can already see in 5 years, v3 YF-19 with proper folding and position of wings for high speed mode.

I wouldn't mind receiving my valks in a small cardboard box with no design and all the loose parts in a ziplock as long as it arrives safe and cuts on shipping. :p

This is not proper folding?

There is a huge diference

yf-19-fighter-highspeed.gif

post-781-0-17205000-1378401872_thumb.jpg

According to the line art, a huge part of the wing should be inside the leg thanks to the anime magic.

Edited by Froy

Nice!! loving this bird

Although I can already see in 5 years, v3 YF-19 with proper folding and position of wings for high speed mode.

I don't think they're going to develop solids that can selectively pass through other solids in the next 5 years... just saying.

There is a huge diference

Considering the line art, certainly. But if you consider the Master file, Arcadia's design is accurate.

I prefer to refer to the Master File which is in general more mechanically correct, than the line art that always contains a little "magic" (I always ask myself how the heck did the wing fold into such small tabs in the battroid mode for exemple)

Anybody got a good pic of the grey markings on the intakes, so I can inform Arcadia?

Checked Macross Mecha Manual, but they got it wrong :p

Graham

You can inform them if you want but I don't think you need to. They already know about those markings:

post-12283-0-54188800-1378497293_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-53859400-1378497300_thumb.jpg

They are even panel lined. The painted resin prototype we've seen so far is lacking all the little markings.

I think my only nitpick about the paint is that the band of black on the upper neck looks a little wide (dipping below the canards) but that might be an effect of the quick prototype paint job too.

It's probably not something I'd even bother to fix, but it looks funny to me with the canards being stuck in the middle of the black instead of at the bottom edge.

I think my only nitpick about the paint is that the band of black on the upper neck looks a little wide (dipping below the canards) but that might be an effect of the quick prototype paint job too.

It's probably not something I'd even bother to fix, but it looks funny to me with the canards being stuck in the middle of the black instead of at the bottom edge.

GAH! I didn't notice that before, but now it's all I can see! Gotta agree it looks much too thick.

Chris