Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I just made those schemes in photoshop to better illustrate what I was thinking might be good options for possible re-colours, they are in no way official. We don't even know if Arcadia will even do a different scheme for this mold.

AAAaaaaawwww....:( :( :( cause they look so cool! I'd def. buy all of them. :)

To be fair, though, that pic of the Yamato version wasn't posed that well.

This might be a slightly closer comparison, pose-wise:

7a_415xv9AkDqL.jpg

Sadly, it still doesn't hide the hollowed back of the thighs.

furthermore, few at YAMATO or elsewhere seemed to ever realize that one could achieve a vastly superior neutral stance

via the stupidly simple expedient of canting the intakes forward at the GERWALK joint just a single notch.

it truly allows things to fall right into place nicely for a much more attractive stance, IMHO;

YF-19JOHN-12-19-122.jpg

YF-191-60v1JOHN1-21-123.jpg

- ALAS, mine is no longer capable of transforming from FIGHTER. R.I.P. you fugly old bird... ((YMMV))

Yeah... An Ozma scheme is a bit of a stretch. I just thought since Bandai is doing the Isamu scheme for the YF-29 maybe a Frontier scheme for the YF-19 might look interesting. I don't mind the Ozma colors, but I would prefer something a little more low vis. Maybe something like this:

Good Lord, I am going to will this thing into existence if I have to!

furthermore, few at YAMATO or elsewhere seemed to ever realize that one could achieve a vastly superior neutral stance via the stupidly simple expedient of canting the intakes forward at the GERWALK joint just a single notch.

it truly allows things to fall right into place nicely for a much more attractive stance, IMHO;

I often do this on my VF-1's, as well. Makes all the difference. Haven't decided yet if it's "right" for a -25.

it's puts the legs more directly under the shoulders on the VF-25, but I don't care for how much you have to angle the intakes forward. Also, I like the leg-forward crotch-thrusting slouch you get with the legs strait.

I often do this on my VF-1's, as well. Makes all the difference. Haven't decided yet if it's "right" for a -25.

yeah, it's mighty effective for getting those intakes out of the way of those low-slung nose-fuselage antennae, as well as the folded wings, to a lesser degree.

in any case, it's all key to opening the door to many attractive poses that would be difficult of not impossible, and often much more awkward otherwise...

back to topic, i'm pretty sure, -with the price that this beauty is going to command- that i am quite destined to be living vicariously through you people in 2014. Wahhh... :(

Edited by Shaorin

Yeah... An Ozma scheme is a bit of a stretch. I just thought since Bandai is doing the Isamu scheme for the YF-29 maybe a Frontier scheme for the YF-19 might look interesting. I don't mind the Ozma colors, but I would prefer something a little more low vis. Maybe something like this:

That would look great with the Skull Squadron insignia.

I've never been a fan of the actual colors of the VF-X2 scheme, but color placement is interesting, so here are a few schemes using the same pattern, but with different color choices.

I'm not sure why, but something about this sculpt has really caught my imagination for re-color possibilities. In the end if Arcadia does give us another scheme, I'm pretty sure they will go with something safe. However a tiny part of me still has hope they will give us something unique and who knows, maybe someone at Arcadia will see my crappy Photoshop attempts and be inspired.

post-5608-0-53987500-1377650841_thumb.jpg

post-5608-0-51496700-1377650855_thumb.jpg

post-5608-0-17281500-1377650864_thumb.jpg

Every single one you've repainted I'd buy. Really, like the VF-4, this Valk has so many possibilities but I doubt Arcadia will release many. They've already said too many repaints are bad and it's better to have a base color. I'm sure plenty of people could mod the Isamu version... the only issue is the tolerances are so tight the paint won't last.

The crotch plate flips 180----the side you see in battroid is hidden in fighter mode.

No it doesn't. That's the side that faces forward in Battroid. His best bet would be either a colored highlight around the edge with white in the middle or a small swath of the non-white across the top like on the VF-19S/F.

Seriously, nerd-linger, you just came up with a way for Arcadia to sell nine of these (including the original scheme) to me.

Edited by Mommar

No it doesn't. That's the side that faces forward in Battroid. His best bet would be either a colored highlight around the edge with white in the middle or a small swath of the non-white across the top like on the VF-19S/F.

The "belly" of the plane, right behind the nose gear, is the "backside" of the crotch plate. The "Front" of the crotch plate, is "inside", in fighter mode. I think Yamato did the -19F/S differently (or maybe it's canonically different there), but the original YF/-19A, it flips like I described. (as does the v.1 Yamato 1/60)

The "belly" of the plane, right behind the nose gear, is the "backside" of the crotch plate. The "Front" of the crotch plate, is "inside", in fighter mode. I think Yamato did the -19F/S differently (or maybe it's canonically different there), but the original YF/-19A, it flips like I described. (as does the v.1 Yamato 1/60)

Thing is, that flip-over plate was one of the biggest problems with the original YF-19. It didn't fit well, it didn't stay folded correctly, and it did nothing to help hold the valk together in fighter mode. Because it had to flip over, it was a big solid brick that didn't fit anywhere.

Judging by the shape of it, I'm pretty sure they gave up on making that particular part of the transformation canon, and went with what works so well mechanically about the way the VF-19's crotch plate works. Since it doesn't need to flip over, the backside can be hollow, and everything has much more room.

I honestly could care less if they get that part of the transformation accurately. The VF-19's version is just a much more useful and practical design.

I've never been a fan of the actual colors of the VF-X2 scheme, but color placement is interesting, so here are a few schemes using the same pattern, but with different color choices.

I'm not sure why, but something about this sculpt has really caught my imagination for re-color possibilities. In the end if Arcadia does give us another scheme, I'm pretty sure they will go with something safe. However a tiny part of me still has hope they will give us something unique and who knows, maybe someone at Arcadia will see my crappy Photoshop attempts and be inspired.

Dear Arcadia,

Please put this man in charge of your paint scheme variants from here on out, kthnx.

-Kyp

Canonically yes, but on this toy no so the issue with the coloring of that spot still stands.

But doesn't that lead to problems with the release of YF-19 toys these fan-made schemes. On a "real" (i.e. in the Macross universe) YF-19 the crotch plate could be colored in different color while the underside of the plane in Fighter-Mode has still a seamless paint-job.

With the Arcaida approach of the transformation scheme every YF-19 with a colored crotch plate will not have this seamless paint-job that would be correct canonically since the crotch plate would stick out like a sore thumb.

But doesn't that lead to problems with the release of YF-19 toys these fan-made schemes. On a "real" (i.e. in the Macross universe) YF-19 the crotch plate could be colored in different color while the underside of the plane in Fighter-Mode has still a seamless paint-job.

With the Arcaida approach of the transformation scheme every YF-19 with a colored crotch plate will not have this seamless paint-job that would be correct canonically since the crotch plate would stick out like a sore thumb.

Yes. There's really no other way to do it though. That piece, canonically, is completely impossible to represent in the real world. Chronocidal is right, it winds up being a big brick that does nothing for any of the modes. Maybe they'll actually have it flip here. I don't know, but so far it looks like exactly the same transformation as the VF-19's and none of them had that 180 flip and I can't see how to make that any easier on this one.

Edited by Mommar

Honestly I did not give much thought to how the colors would work on the underside of the fighter mode for the last three schemes. However now that I have, I don't think it would be as bad as some thought since the back and the arms would be the same color. This means the crotch plate would not stick out because basically everything between the legs in fighter mode would be the same color.

In the end it doesn't really matter since we don't even know if we will get a re-color and if we do I will not be one of the schemes I made up.

post-5608-0-01225300-1377711568_thumb.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'm not really to excited over the photoshop pics, something in me just wants the yf-19 to stay the way it is,

i need time to process this bird before i start imagining it in other variants. maybe after it releases and is long sold out, then i think i can start wondering about another variant.

thinking about another color somehow takes my enthusiasm away from this release.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

IF Arcadia ever does a repaint like those shops, all they need for the crotch is to be the same shape on both sides, swivel 180° to show the backside in the proper color for battroid.

At least, that what I figure would be an easy way to solve the issue if they keep the VF-19 crotch transformation.

IF Arcadia ever does a repaint like those shops, all they need for the crotch is to be the same shape on both sides, swivel 180° to show the backside in the proper color for battroid.

At least, that what I figure would be an easy way to solve the issue if they keep the VF-19 crotch transformation.

Having the crotch plate be the same shape on both sides is the entire problem. You can't do that, and still have it fit nicely in fighter mode. To make the plate fit, it has to be a clamshell shape that fits around the backplate underneath, and fits around the landing gear area in battroid.

I find Nerd-linger's paint scheme ideas fun. I'd love to see what other combinations/styles he could come up with. Do you have the Master File book? Could you do up a SVF-440 Dullahan's scheme for us to dream about?

I agree... What the hell else would people here on the toy forum be talking about between toy releases!??! :lol:

Guest davidwhangchoi

I agree... What the hell else would people here on the toy forum be talking about between toy releases!??! :lol:

maybe info on something that's going to actually be released :lol:

jk, the photoshop pics are nice!!! so shop away!!!

Seriously, nerd-linger, you just came up with a way for Arcadia to sell nine of these (including the original scheme) to me.

lucky you that you evidently have $3000.00 squared away to pay for them all... :p

i mean, for something around that sort of scratch, i could have my own custom 1/1 Mikuru-chan♥ made... :wub:

- sure, clothes would be extra, but that's where the thrifts would come in... ;)

Edited by EXO

lucky you that you evidently have $3000.00 squared away to pay for them all... :p

I'm not one to brag but I have a lot more money than that squared away. ;) However, I would hope these things are spaced out a bit... I don't know if I could justify that many similar heads (don't look at all of my VF-1's, don't look at all of my VF-1's...)

~ SHAORIN's TWO-BOX THEATER ~

Mammar; - ohgodohgod, just go on ignoring all my silly little toy airplanes honey. :D

- i won't ask about how much all those shoes must've cost, so feel free to go right on ahead and scratch my back in return, babe.

one good turn deserves another after all... :D

Mammar's Significant Other; O.K. Dear, what precisely are you trying to hide from me... :angry:

Mammar; OH S%$T!! :ph34r::o:unsure::(:ph34r:

Shaorin; :D:p:D

Edited by Shaorin