Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I think the double nuts and the orange one sold pretty slow. I know they were released and I eyed them for months, maybe even a year, before I finally decided to pull the trigger on a double nuts. On the other hand, after people got hold of them and posted pictures it seemed like others became more interested in the schemes and started seeking them out. Maybe some different variants would sell better? Maybe the VFX version would sell better? Maybe the Double Nuts didn't sell as well because it didn't look like the Prototype Version and was instead a relatively lazy repaint?

Gorgeous bird!

Would be a shame to not milk the mold, the double nuts were not to popular. Yamato only did repaint of the black 15thanniversay and double nuts.

I'd be happy with a VF-1A ravens repaint. And you have to get 3 of those to make the squadron

Or if their Hasegawa partnership continues, they could do this beauty and it already has the missile loadout to accompany.

35.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Gorgeous bird!

Would be a shame to not milk the mold, the double nuts were not to popular. Yamato only did repaint of the black 15thanniversay and double nuts.

I'd be happy with a VF-1A ravens repaint. And you have to get 3 of those to make the squadron

Or if their Hasegawa partnership continues, they could do this beauty and it already has the missile loadout to accompany.

35.jpg

Good point. I'm still not sure they're willing to take that risk though.

We've had this discussion going in another thread about Arcadia limiting their repaints because they lost money as Yamato but... what are the odds they'll attempt a repaint or two of the YF-19? Is just Isamu's enough? Seems like a waste of a mold for just that one scheme.

I've always wanted a VF-19A (and VF-11B Ravens) from the VF-X2 game back when i first got my Yamato 19. I still want one now... w/ the Arcadia brand on it.

So no filler pieces for the back of the thighs?

There will be, and you can see them in the WF pics and CAD design.

This looks great. I see no indication Gerwalk has been fixed, however.

Look at the position of the feet and the angle of the lower legs in the picture.

Freaking awesome.....though what is with the brick like intake edge? Was hoping they would've improved that.

Chris

I'm not going to say it's ok but wasn't it exactly that way in the VF-19s? I think it's just that they can't hide underneath the lerx anymore.

Hard to tell from my phone but that's a matte plastic, right?

It's even harder to tell because this is still a painted resin prototype.

I've always wanted a VF-19A (and VF-11B Ravens) from the VF-X2 game back when i first got my Yamato 19. I still want one now... w/ the Arcadia brand on it.

I agree, I've wanted both of those as well. But with Arcadia's stance of not doing many repaints I wonder how many, if any, repaints of the YF-19 they would even attempt? The VF-1, there was at least a few repaints that could work. But outside of SDFM and Frontier there's a distinct lack of run-away popular characters from the animations that would allow for repaints. We think the game paint schemes are cool... we might be the only ones.

Why do people want a gloss finish?

I don't think anybody wants this gloss.

Why do people want a gloss finish?

I think someone pointed out that there was one scene in the anime where the paint was glossy, but no one has expressed interest in doing that to the toy. In my mind, no gloss makes sense. It would be an odd gimic based on a few seconds of Isamu admiring the prototype.

Edited by technoblue

I think someone pointed out that there was one scene in the anime where the paint was glossy, but no one has expressed interest in doing that to the toy. In my mind, no gloss makes sense. It would be an odd gimic based on a few seconds of Isamu admiring the prototype.

Also because most of us didn't want the other VF-19's in gloss either but because of Basara we were stuck with it on all of the variants.

Gorgeous bird!

35.jpg

Yeah, I'd buy this without even a thought, I hope when repaints become reality they dig into scheme's like these

and not the only boring ones. Seems like more people would buy a Hasegawa scheme, then another already used scheme.

I think the double nuts and the orange one sold pretty slow. I know they were released and I eyed them for months, maybe even a year, before I finally decided to pull the trigger on a double nuts. On the other hand, after people got hold of them and posted pictures it seemed like others became more interested in the schemes and started seeking them out. Maybe some different variants would sell better? Maybe the VFX version would sell better? Maybe the Double Nuts didn't sell as well because it didn't look like the Prototype Version and was instead a relatively lazy repaint?

Sheesh.. way late reply due to not looking all day...

I think the DN and BoP picked up sales later on, as people realized they were easier to repaint, due to the lighter plastic.

Really, I think the only reason those were made was to give people a pseudo-supernova scheme without actually having to spend the time to rework the tampo printing process. Laziest (non-canon) repaint in history by far.

I really want to see an actual supernova version this time. A palette swapped version that winds up painting a bunch of thrusters, anti-glare panels, and vents bright orange doesn't cut it.

Off the top of my head... no oversized gullet, new transformation similar to Yamato VF-19s (so shorter Battroid), everything is flush in fighter mode - no gaps, chest locks, GERWALK locks, and that awesome looking high speed configuration... i may have missed something... Oh, better articulated hands.

Edited by m0n5t3r

At the very least the gullet has been removed, the legs have been entirely reworked making them proportional to the rest of the body (the old version had ridiculously long legs set very low - these are thicker, shorter, and much more battroid-centric), it has thicker arms, a slightly larger head, the gaps have been removed, multiple locks have been added to keep it stable in all modes (no floppy chest syndrome), it has a reworked panel under the "uniboob", a tinted canopy,the high-speed configuration, opening panels in the legs for missiles, and a massive weapons load-out (pretty much every missile ever shown with the YF-19). I'm thinking it's just a very high contrast photo they are using, but if not they are using darker more saturated colors.

Whipped up a little side by side in battroid mode (I think this is the form where the differences are most obvious).

The old YF-19 in this image has fast packs on, but it was the closest I could find stance wise to the Arcadia version (thanks to Anymoon - visit there for more shots of the first 1/60 YF-19).

post-1418-0-87736200-1377254790_thumb.png

Well, I'm in the other camp, I hate glossy toys - it makes them look like toys. I have to matte clear-coat all my Bandai renewal like MacrossJunkie. The only thing glossy I like are car toys.

IMHO, I love the old matte finish of the old Yamato toys, flat finish looks more realistic on a piece of military hardware and it gives miniatures a better sense of scale. So here's to hoping they stick to the old Yamato finish. (glossy finish shows off tiny manufacturing scratches & swirls more I find).

Man, this thing is lookin goooood. With the exception of the VF-1, I normally only buy 1 Valkyrie of any particular model # to display in fighter. Looking at the images above however, I just might have to buy 2 of these to display in fighter and battroid..

Well done Arcadia. You certainly understand the wants 'n needs of your consumer base.

Now if we can just get over that initial QC hurdle.....

Guest davidwhangchoi

Man, this thing is lookin goooood. With the exception of the VF-1, I normally only buy 1 Valkyrie of any particular model # to display in fighter. Looking at the images above however, I just might have to buy 2 of these to display in fighter and battroid..

Well done Arcadia. You certainly understand the wants 'n needs of your consumer base.

Now if we can just get over that initial QC hurdle.....

The vf-4g was great in terms of QC, i've never heard anything major. here's hoping it's the same for the 19