Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Silencers? In space? Whaaaaaaaaaaa? Gettin too technologic up in this shiz! :D

Oddly enough very rarely did they fly in space in plus. Lots of the testing seemed to be on the planet surface flying as low to the ground as possible almost as if they needed to avoid detection. In one scene dyson even flies upside down almost touching the floor. Alien tech I guess makes everyone 10 times more like a stunt pilot in macross. Max actually did go all 'Solid Snake' in SDFM when he had to free his friends so it could be useful to have some kind of stealth weapon in that kind of situation. They've already got knives now. Don't forget the yf-19 has the long wings so it was meant for atmosphere as opposed to the vf-19 in mac 7 when they shortened the wings and fattened up it's butt.

As for beam sabers I would prefer whip-like weapons as seen on Gouf mech in gundam. (electricutes the body of the robot) I thought that was a cool gimmick. lol At close range you saw the yf-19 do some kind of kung fu move with its fists which pushes guld away. Haha martial arts with giant robots is funny.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I guess. Silencers the size of a car might look cool despite being incredibly impractical. Kind of silly for a robot the size of house to be stealth walking and stealth crawling...but if it looks entertaining in the pictures...

I'd honestly love an accessory like that for a Valk but I'm totally willing to admit that it's a ridiculous thing to have (keep in mind it's all relative seeing as we're talking about robot airplanes here).

The whole Max disguised in the Zentraedi getup was one of the sillier things in Macross anyway. We loved it back then because we were kids ;)

Edited by xrentonx

Guest davidwhangchoi

The whole Max disguised in the Zentraedi getup was one of the sillier things in Macross anyway. We loved it back then because we were kids ;)

I love max in the outfit. I picked up the zentraedi suit bc it's so awesome.

Don't think the 19 need silencers bc radar stealth from computer targeting/missile guidance systems would be more important than sound in aerial combat. Since we're discussing in atmosphere flight. If we're talking in space, there is no sound.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I loved it too! :)

I guess what I'm saying is that we "bought into it" back then. It's the magic of innocence and not overthinking the probability of things like that.

Still missing the grey markings on top of the intakes. (Yamato did too, until we got Graham to point them out, then they added them in)

Also hope they change the canopy framing to grey. It's black outside and around the canopy, but the canopy itself should be grey. Again, Yamato did get it right in the end.

Anyone else think the canopy is a bit "peaky"? As in, the high point is too high?

Kudos---shoulder armor does seem to angle upwards.

::edit:: With how dark the feet and hands are, I'm wondering if the canopy IS grey, it's just such a dark grey it's hard to tell from the black surrounding it. The close-up of the open canopy does look like it could be grey. I hope they lighten the final version----the grey areas are way too dark, almost black---they don't look much different than the actual black bits.

1. Still missing the grey markings on top of the intakes. (Yamato did too, until we got Graham to point them out, then they added them in)

2. Also hope they change the canopy framing to grey. It's black outside and around the canopy, but the canopy itself should be grey. Again, Yamato did get it right in the end.

3. Anyone else think the canopy is a bit "peaky"? As in, the high point is too high?

4. Kudos---shoulder armor does seem to angle upwards.

::edit:: With how dark the feet and hands are, I'm wondering if the canopy IS grey, it's just such a dark grey it's hard to tell from the black surrounding it. The close-up of the open canopy does look like it could be grey. I hope they lighten the final version----the grey areas are way too dark, almost black---they don't look much different than the actual black bits.

1. There's not any reason for those markings not to be there in the end, remember this is only a sample that lacks all the little ones. They've been represented in all the CAD images so far.

2. It looks grey to me.

3. I think it's as "peaky" as the VF-19's one.

Edited by Reïvaj

It's hard to tell from the pics if they've managed to streamline the fuselage more than the original Yammie model. That was one of the major issues with the original for me anyway. The 19 is so streamlined but the original toy was way chunky. Nice to see they've integrated the neck cover in fighter mode. No more making them out of spray can lids like back in the day ;).

Take my money now! and bring on the SMS variant!!

so maybe i should get three now.....

So tempting...but cooler heads must prevail...and for my sake...I gotta stick with my plan for two. But those pics make it hard! First world porblems, yo! :)

Freaking awesome.....though what is with the brick like intake edge? Was hoping they would've improved that.

Chris

Exactly what I was thinking - did they just not push it up enough or is it sitting right against the chest?

It's hard to tell from the pics if they've managed to streamline the fuselage more than the original Yammie model. That was one of the major issues with the original for me anyway. The 19 is so streamlined but the original toy was way chunky. Nice to see they've integrated the neck cover in fighter mode. No more making them out of spray can lids like back in the day ;).

Take my money now! and bring on the SMS variant!!

Same here, I loved the long swan-like thin neck, but the toy still seems to have a thick one - can't really tell yet. Other than that, its beautiful.

That is looking freaking awesome and my wife said I can preorder it as soon as a preorder comes up.

Let's see if we can get a higher res scan though, this one is quite dark, leading to DH's canopy color fears. I just want to see how the heck they did the wing mechanism. It looks like there might be a slot in the root/leading edge of HS mode, and maybe that is a hinge visible at the roots leading edge in battrodi mode. The resolution makes it hard to tell though.

Keeps looking better and better with every new pic that comes out. ^_^ Going to try really hard to stick to two for this first release, but I'll probably follow my pattern with the VF-19 releases, and get two of each repaint (wallet and common sense permitting).

I don't have any worries about this one being as streamlined as the VF-19s, I'm pretty sure some of the earlier pics showed a side profile view. And I kind of agree about the intakes' brick-ness, but I don't think that's really any different from the VF-19 intakes either. It just doesn't have those leading edge extensions to hide underneath anymore.

Think I can see what David means about the canopy being more peaked, it definitely looks higher than the old YF-19, and higher than something like the Hasegawa kits have. At the same time though (looking at Graham's old 1/60 YF-19 lineart comparison review), I think this one's closer to the TIAS book lineart and Bandai lineart. The Hasegawa has always had a really slim profile, and the rear canopy is nearly flat.

One thing I do hope they tweak though.. they still can't seem to get that black area behind the canopy the right size. :lol: The old 1/60 had it too high and tapered, this one has the angles right, but it's too low on the fuselage. Should be level with the canards, along the same angle they have it now. But.. that's just getting stupidly nit-picky now. :p Wouldn't be hard to scratch off a little of that stripe in any case, but it's not that big a deal.

What's impressive though I think.. that rear view of battroid looks almost dead-on with the lineart. Still a bit longer in the torso, but that's to be expected, and it's just as close to the art as the VF-19.

I can't wait for 2014.

We've had this discussion going in another thread about Arcadia limiting their repaints because they lost money as Yamato but... what are the odds they'll attempt a repaint or two of the YF-19? Is just Isamu's enough? Seems like a waste of a mold for just that one scheme.

Guest davidwhangchoi

yf-19 is more mainstream (than the 4g which everyone would want a re-paint) so i'm sure it will depend on how well this bird will sell given that the price point may be high. i'm not sure many will be able to afford to double dip another paint scheme.

maybe the question i should be asking is how well did the double nuts and the the 19 variants do in terms of sales. maybe that might be an indicator whether arcadia may or may not think it's worth to release another paint scheme w this mold.

Edited by davidwhangchoi