Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Oh that's interesting.. the wing is dual layers. I didn't realize it before, but you can see the change in material colors between the sections along the back edge. Have to say, I like that much better than a simple panel over the top of the hardpoints on the upper surface.

As far as ratchets go, I wouldn't expect much with the wings, but the VF-19's hip mounts were a quantum leap in quality over the old YF-19's, so I wouldn't be concerned about them getting floppy. They're still friction joints, but they're assembled in a way that gives you access to the screw, so you can at least tighten them yourself if they get loose.

Also.. VF-0D, yes please, but I kind of doubt I would buy another VF-0S. Aside from a few changes in construction and materials, I really don't think they need a redesign that badly, since accuracy and looks were never a problem to begin with. I can think of a few ways they could be improved, but nothing nearly as dramatic as the YF-19's improvements. I'll anxiously await being proven wrong by the 0D though. :)

[...] Arcadia: Ghost X-9 us already - It doesn't even transform. Simple and easy sell for us - Just don't mark it up to $400. [...]

A Ghost X-9 toy wouldn't be a so basic if it included the ventral high-maneuverability missile launcher, super parts and the orbital booster. I guess it could end up being fairly expensive.

The old VF-0’s were the worst in terms of QC (all my Vf-0’s had explodey arms and loose swing bar pins – but they were Yamato’s first attempt at the 1/60 line, if I recall correctly), and it’s great to hear that there may be new versions being made after so many years. :D

The only 0 I have is the unknown soldier with the fixes that made it more stable. But I'd love to see more Zero releases.

If they are going to do an 0S they will probably do an 0A color too haha.

Edited by Gakken85

The old VF-0’s were the worst in terms of QC (all my Vf-0’s had explodey arms and loose swing bar pins – but they were Yamato’s first attempt at the 1/60 line, if I recall correctly), and it’s great to hear that there may be new versions being made after so many years. :D

Nope, the ver. 1 VF-1's where first.

Chris

Are you looking for this pic?

That's the one, cheers :)

Regarding possible future toys, I'm only saying what I think is likely. Don't read too much into it.

I have no contact with Acadia and the last time I had any meaningful contact with Yamato was when the VF-17S was first released, so a long time ago.

Back to the YF-19, I'm guessing that at least some of the wing missiles can also be placed into the leg bay. That would be cool being able to swap out the leg bay weapon load.

Graham

I have no contact with Acadia and the lady time I had any meaningful contact with Yamato was when the VF-17S was first released :p

Lady time??

Damn... you and Yamato must have been much closer than I thought. :p

If companies want to survive in the Social network age, they have to use it.

It's a good sign they want to stay up to date with how free marketing works directly with their

customer base.

I still think they should release a 1:60 DIY kit, that includes A/J/S heads, and mold it in grey.

Even if it was a web exclusive, I think a lot of people would buy those in pallets.

Still hoping for some surprises, and maybe another re-issue announcement.

I still think they should release a 1:60 DIY kit, that includes A/J/S heads, and mold it in grey.

Even if it was a web exclusive, I think a lot of people would buy those in pallets.

Still hoping for some surprises, and maybe another re-issue announcement.

Yes please!