Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

You mean the gray colored squares in the middle of the off-white colored tail fins? I have no idea why they are there. Maybe they will mold in a magnet so the fins can attach securely onto the fuselage of the Valkyrie for various modes (I think the tail fins are angled inwards for High Speed Mode don't they?) Other than that I don't really have a clue.

The tail fins do angle in for high-speed mode, but they "mirror" normal mode---they don't fold down flat. Maybe it's a magnet to hold them in place for battroid mode?

Or---they are merely thin resin bits at this point, we could just be seeing some "Mr Surfacer" putty applied to an air-pocket or something that occurred.

I'm sure that the obvious explanation is something like fixing a surface problem and doesn't has anything to do with the final product but maybe there is more to it.

The gray bits are on both tail fins and seem to have roughly the same shape (as far as I can tell) thus it seems like something that is their by purpose.

We'll see what it is when the toy is released or more prototype images will be released. As I said it is very likely that the gray bits have nothing to do with the toy but the magnet idea was the only thing I could come up with.

On a second thought it could be a molded in tab to lock them something because the off-white plastic is material-wise not able to perform testing the locking mechanism so the made it out of a different plastic.

This is turning out to be something great. The 19 is my favorite Valk and it's looking like Arcadia's team of mad scientist designers have/will knock this outta the park. I can't wait for this to hit the shelves. I'd love to see what these guys could do with the VF-25.

New, improved, YF-19 sculpt with lessons learned from VF-19s - $

Two Isamu figures - $$

Wing hard-points and included slew of ordnance - $$$

High Speed mode gimmick - $$$$

Built in leg missile bays - $$$$$

Included Fast Packs - $$$$$$

Probable inclusion of waterslide decals - $$$$$$$

Likely addition of a stand - $$$$$$$$

Whatever else I haven't noticed/mentioned - $$$$$$$$$

Avaricious tendencies tingling; wallet weeping. I can see this thing knocking on VF-4G MSRP territory... :wacko:

Regarding the Fold Booster, does anyone think that the old unit could be compatible with the new sculpt? Worse case scenario, new mounting pylons would make it fit.

Edit: I just noticed that my ranking's been upgraded to New Edwards Test Pilot... I guess I'm now obligated to get one of these new Alpha Ones when it gets released. ^_^

Edited by mechaninac

I hope the old fold booster works. There really isn't any reason why they need to actually make an entire new fold booster is there?

And when you mention probable inclusion of stand, I think that would be good. I might actually want to pose it in GERWALK mode "hovering around" for once.

Some important things you forget to mention:

-chest most likely locks into place (a feature not on the old one)

-gunpod looks like it is the right size

-gunpod stores on shield

-probably more posable than the old yf-19 toy in bot mode

-might not actually break on first release :p (quality control guy that once worked for yamato must now be working for bandai as evidenced by cannon fodder VF-171 chogokin breakages hehe)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I hope the old fold booster works. There really isn't any reason why they need to actually make an entire new fold booster is there?

Unless they're actually going to sell one separate the only problem with that is the Fold Boosters of old are all Yamato branded and I've never owned one because I could never find a set of Fast packs/Fold Booster that were a reasonable price.

Why wouldn't the shoulders angle? It's necessary for transformation from Fighter to Gerwalk/Battroid that the shoulders angle to disengage from the back of the calf. The VF-19's already do it as a matter of necessity.

It's cool Arcadia is stepping it up with wing hard points, etc... It's too bad that the old Yammie VF-19's didn't have that extra bit though. Some of the Master File photos of the 19F/S loaded with Reaction Missiles looked cool too.

I'm sure that the obvious explanation is something like fixing a surface problem and doesn't has anything to do with the final product but maybe there is more to it.

The gray bits are on both tail fins and seem to have roughly the same shape (as far as I can tell) thus it seems like something that is their by purpose.

We'll see what it is when the toy is released or more prototype images will be released. As I said it is very likely that the gray bits have nothing to do with the toy but the magnet idea was the only thing I could come up with.

On a second thought it could be a molded in tab to lock them something because the off-white plastic is material-wise not able to perform testing the locking mechanism so the made it out of a different plastic.

Well those gray bits are present in the CAD image, so they must serve some purpose.

post-557-0-75178800-1374582703.jpg

Those gray bits must be spots for magnets. The YF-19 doesn't have the benefit of those deep cut grooves to provide friction when folded down in Gerwalk/Battroid like the VF-19's do. Those tail fins are only on little pivots, magnets would help hold the wings down

Wow! I thought I was done after the Macross Frontier Bandai renewals... but this sucked me back. Gotta get at least one though - hopefully without the markup and drama! It really looks great - I can't believe how far they've come from the v1 VF-1s.

Wow! I thought I was done after the Macross Frontier Bandai renewals... but this sucked me back. Gotta get at least one though - hopefully without the markup and drama! It really looks great - I can't believe how far they've come from the v1 VF-1s.

Well, we gave them a lot of funds to develope their skils :p

It looks so nicely done I don't care about the price or what it might be lacking. I never bought the v.1 because I was waiting for this one so I've already saved enough.

See that close up of the wing. Those hard points are very 171-ish. Actually, they look like they're recessed better.

Indeed. Yet another improvement!

Those grey bits on the tailfins appear to be hinges. If you zoom in the scan, the right tailfin seems to be made out of two different pannels.

Why would the middle of the tail fins be hinged?

I hope the gun pod attaches to the underside of fighter mode in two points. One of my biggest gripes with the vf-19's

It wasn't the two points attaching i had a problem with, it was the fact the gunpod wasn't angled forward.

Wow, battroid looks stunning and fighter keeps it's sleekness, highly impressed!

High speed mode looks like it simply has a forward sliding mechanism after setting it in position, I just hope if it is that way, it include a way to lock it in position or with time the wing could slide in/out on its own. Looks like gunpod may have a collapsible handle with perhaps a small tab space in the hilt to attach it to the tab on the shield.

I cannot figure out the different color part on the tailfin. I doubt it's magnets, too thin and the point it rests is the corner of the back ankle. CAD looks a lot like a hinge and two panels, could it be moving rudders???

I love they finally did proper skinny Isamu like the anime.

I find funny how the majority is going "this is amazing, take my money Arcadia", when the price is finally released then its "Why so much for mostly a repaint and extra parts". :lol::lol::lol:

Opening leg missile panel with missile attached, beautiful!

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Because we all love a little space for our uniboobs!

Kidding, it was complained before and I guess people just gave up. Come to think about it, if they made the nose a few mm higher and the rear canopy fuselage less sloped, a little lower and thicker the gap could be reduce a lot, or maybe, add a little hinged panel on the inner rear canopy fuselage to rotate fwd and close the gap?

I'm about 80% sure Arcadia reads this forum...come on! fix it!! still about a year away, there's still time!

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Looks Darn near perfect. I almost wish I did not panic buy a VF-19P and just waited for this.

Few observations:

1. There appears to be a sliding panel to cover the gap in the knee when the legs are extended in fighter mode. You can see it in the image showing the leg weapons bay. I don't recall the VF-19s having this.

2. It appears there will be a filler neck panel like the VF-19s (high speed mode image does not have the panel others do), but no sign of panels for the back of the thighs. I hope those are included as they do a great job of cleaning up the legs for bat mode.

3. The leg fast packs may require the upper leg gerwalk joint to be used similar to the VF-1 or the profile fighter image is mis-transformed accounting for the gap in the gerwalk upper leg joint.

4. No indication if the leg fastpacks will allow the leg weapons bay doors to open or not.

5. It would seem there will not be a second more line art accurate shield.

6. Gunpod handle appears to either retract to detach for shield storage mode.

7. This is going to be expensive.

8. We NEED a v2 YF-21 to pair with this masterpiece.

Hi-res scan from Dengeki Hobby.

Drool away!

UhPdr7s.jpg

at this point I could care less what the cost is. I'm going to get one O_o

WOW... it's... Beautiful. sure wish cost could be no object for myself as well... :(

Edited by Shaorin

Hate to play devils advocate but I'm wondering why nobody's complaining about the gap in the chest........

Give it a second...Duke Togo hasnt seem this thread yet.