Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Reïvaj posted the screen shot already. If people start in on a thread, least they could do is get up to speed on the thread. Getting tired of all the same questions.

Should add that the above is said as just a statement, no bitterness or anger intended.

Also yes, it was in the final episode, blink and you miss type of affair.

Edited by Kurisama

What anime52k8 said. Delimiter mode RUINED the YF-21. Period. It's the main reason I sold it. It was a gimmick that heavily compromised every other mode and aspect, for something nobody ever did anyways.

I do NOT want floppy/open/hinged wings that'll crack or pop off in the future, just to replicate something on-screen for 18 frames of animation...

I'm with you guys. I couldn't care less about having high-speed mode, and if it compromises other things to achieve it...as David pointed out....it will be a big turn off. Not sure why people are sooo jazzed for it.?

Also, like David said, the YF-21 delimiter mode was more prevalent in Mac plus, caused a lot of issues with it's 1/60, and I don't recall EVER seeing anyone use that gimmick.

Chris

I have little interest in an Emerald Force -19S. I do not like the yellow striping on the bright blue much. It'd have to be VERY cheap for me to consider it over the F. I also like the F's head better---the S is just "too much" with the 5 lasers. Really, I think the ONLY good-looking 4-laser head is the original VF-1. The VF-25S pulls it off ok, but I generally like 1/2-lasered heads.

The yellow is what Roy Fokker would have liked though. The guy with the bright decoration is usually the bad ass and he earned his stripe by killing so many..

And the blue isn't too bright. Compared to all the other Mac7 it is pretty dark actually.

The YF-19 is the one that is too bright imo. It's got the cannon fodder styled paintscheme but still looks good thanks to not having the illusion that it is wearing "pants" in robot mode. LOL

AS for the head lasers. You must not like the Ingram from Patlabor much then. That has a mess of bit sticking off its head but to me it looks cool. It is like the helmet of knights/soldiers where you may have spike on top. I see the "giant robot" in general as symbolic of a knight out to save the princess but just in "space age" form. Both Gundam and star wars have that theme and I suppose it carries over to other robot mecha stories like macross when Hikaru does a daring rescue of the girl in GERWALK mode with one hand to grab the girl and the other hand to hold the gunpod. In star wars you had Jedi "Knights", and they used swords, and the space "cowboy" Han Solo. For macross you got the older brother who is already a big shot with lots of kills teaching the newbie younger bro, how to use the robot. It's always been that the yellow represents "elite" to me, while the white/silver are the next one down. (like olympic medals? Or the Elite aliens in Halo videogames? ie Gold Elites are the best of the best etc Notice also how these aliens are the 'noble' characters compared to the others) To me the robot is the pilot's uniform and the stripe is the rank. So if you have the gold stripe it means you are better. Maybe it doesn't look so great on planes but I still see macross as a robot show. In mac7 you mostly saw the main character in that mode and not as many dogfights in fighter mode.

1_becf3ace5f9545132d2e612950c7a291.jpg

But back on topic:

Hopefully Yamato release the VF-X game edition colors. I really like that! Ozuma color scheme looks pretty cool too. Way better than that 30th anniversary VF-1 hehe

I do not have the skill to customize these and prefer just buying them.

Edit: whether it is called yellow or gold doesn't matter to me. The reason people don't like it is because they think it looks bad. But it follows in the tradition that the guy wearing yellow trimming is the elite pilot from the original macross. The cannon fodder guys are usually in a more generic scheme so they don't stick out.

It makes the leader look distinct compared to all the other guys.

I think maybe if they were on a sneaky spec ops mission then perhaps they use a low visible scheme (the VF-17 seems to go with that idea because it is not trying to stand out much) in robot mode but while fighting a mass of enemies on a big battlefield you'd want the higher ranked guy to stand out wouldn't you?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

That brings a question. What you rather have? a perfect transformation toy but not 100% anime accurate? or an anime accurate toy with swapable parts?

A YF-21 with swapable accurate legs comes to mind....

Is it possible they could do both?

Swappable wings and PT. Just have the mechanism for the PT version of the wings. Make the mechanism come out with the wing when you want the swapped wing.

For YF-21 I think swappable legs would be cool but it would end up driving up the cost so it depends on price.

The YF-21 1/60 main problem was that when transformed into battroid people thought it didn't resemble the lineart (its skinny legs were the sacrifice to make it look slim in fighter mode which is the mode most people like it for) but today's anime are in 3D cg form now. How much of the hand drawn lineart of these valkyries in robot mode is anime magic? Everyone has their own interpretation about what is the 'real' version.

If they were in CG form like we see with the newer shows there would be less argument about how the toys should look. Personally I just hope they don't make it too easy to break and really make the thing posable and cool to look at in the robot mode too. (not easy if the majority are only going to look at it in the F mode. The v2 vf-1 looks good because it went for the balanced look and made a compromise between all 3 modes to get something everyone can like. No tiny hands in bot mode and not too bad a fighter mode either.)

No fold booster? (seriously, to me that's THE accessory for a YF-19, I want it more than all the other weapons/gimmicks combined)

Anyways, overall sculpt---is it even slimmer in profile, in fighter mode, than Yamato's VF-19's? Also---Yamato kept the "angled shoulder armor" gimmick hidden until the very end (though it didn't work very well)----I was hoping to see an improved version, but it seems like they abandoned it instead.

And yes, helmetless Isamu is very cool. Needs a holo-Sharon to hypnotize him, however.

High-speed mode is the "cheating" version. Though I'll readily admit the line-art is basically impossible to replicate without morphing nanomachines or zillions of folding panels on multi-axis hinges...

She looks good! Really good in fact. i have some concerns about the HS Mode wings, but I'm willing to be convinced. LOVE the 2 choices for Isamu, the Leg missile ports, the wing missiles. Is the gunpod folded up somehow when attached to the shield or am i seeing that wrong.

i agree with Dave, it's a bummer there's no FOLD, but it isn't anything close to a deal breaker. All in all this is some great looking work. Arcadia is really selling this well.

where's the Monster-killer arm-cannon?

also, not really quite sure why David thinks the fold-dildo is THE accessory for the Alpha for him...

^_^

because it's the only accessory besides the fast packs that show up in the animation for more than 3 seconds.

That too. Heck, without this thread, I think half the people at MW wouldn't even know about high-speed mode being canon/animated. (I remember freeze-framing my tape when I thought it "looked different" somehow---but VHS resolution isn't the best for things like that)

And I only know of most of the weapons because they're on the cover of the infamous Macross Plus: This is Animation book.

I guess the loss of the shoulder angle gimmick is made up for with the missiles in the legs gimmick which wasn't in the last version of YF-19.

Maybe arcadia are planning a v3 10 years from now with everything? Including a light up hand to simulate pin point barrier punch. (the "beamsaber" equivalent for macross) That is one thing bandai hasn't done yet. I think putting little hole in the shield to peg a cluster of translucent green discs would be a nice touch that is new from the last release.

The ultimate toy would be a robot mode that is as cool as a revoltech in posability without destroying the look of the fighter mode.

I hope the shoulder angel gimmick is there. I remember when the v.2 yf-19 prototype pics came out it didn't show it at all. Hopefully they overlooked it because they were busy showing off its other features.

The shoulder pauldrons look kinda angled in some shots and not angled at all in other but that may be due to perspective and not because the guy handling the prototype forgot to angle them on some shots or because the prototype doesn't support this feature yet.

On the plus side the toy seems already fairly stable because it can hold the Gerwalk pose without any stand supporting it. Too bad you cannot see the ankle assembly on the pictures but I'm sure there will be more prototype images in the future.

I'm a happy camper so far. :)

Well I'm sold for two at this point. I seriously want some bigger pics to pick apart the details, but that is looking incredible. I think this is the first time I've seen them actually advertise with a profile view too, and it does look slimmer than the VF-19.

Two things I'm curious about though (well more than that, but the two most pressing:P ) ... First, what's that little colored panel in the middle of the tails? And second.. could they be mounting the wings entirely with magnets to get those positions?

Can't wait to see more of this.

Well I'm sold for two at this point. I seriously want some bigger pics to pick apart the details, but that is looking incredible. I think this is the first time I've seen them actually advertise with a profile view too, and it does look slimmer than the VF-19.

Two things I'm curious about though (well more than that, but the two most pressing:P ) ... First, what's that little colored panel in the middle of the tails? And second.. could they be mounting the wings entirely with magnets to get those positions?

Can't wait to see more of this.

You mean the gray colored squares in the middle of the off-white colored tail fins? I have no idea why they are there. Maybe they will mold in a magnet so the fins can attach securely onto the fuselage of the Valkyrie for various modes (I think the tail fins are angled inwards for High Speed Mode don't they?) Other than that I don't really have a clue.