Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I think just being in 1/60th scale is gonna interfere with high speed mode! :D

Don't know what kind of sorcery Arcadia is gonna pull but I can't wait to see it.

I always though that a system where the wing could move inside the wing glove (something like a key and slot joint) would help to make the hip wings on the VF-19S/F in Battroid-Mode look more streamlined like on the VF-19K (which is sadly not line art accurate).

A system like that would allow although for wing movement in Fighter-Mode i.e. the High Speed mode. Depending on how such a joint is implemented it could be a save connection if it locks into place on the end points of the joint. If they do it that way I hope that the wings move in a fluent and intuitive way. Since you cannot see the joint moving in the wing glove things like a 90 degree turn can be quite frustrating especially if you have to do it in a small area.

As for the price point of this release I'm throwing 30000 Yen into the hat. :D

I'm not sure that would actually work though. Even if you detach the gloves first, doesn't the back edge of the wing still cut into the leg? Unless there's some sliding motion in the pivot, I don't think you can rotate the wings back without them physically going through the legs.

I think in the hasegawa version, the trailing edge was laying flat against the leg, and you still needed to pull it out from where the normal pivot point was, even without actually rotating it.

I always though that a system where the wing could move inside the wing glove (something like a key and slot joint) would help to make the hip wings on the VF-19S/F in Battroid-Mode look more streamlined like on the VF-19K (which is sadly not line art accurate).

Which part is inaccurate?

On the VF-19K the wing and the socket align to form a fluent hip-thingy. On the VF-19S/F they look not as slick due to the shape of the wings. The way it is implemented on the Yamato toy is accurate to the line art.The way the wings move in their sockets are the same for the VF-19K/P and and the VF-19S/F. They move at a rotational joint but I always thought it would look better if the wings align in a different way on the Excalibur.

But that is just my aesthetic reception of the wing design. ^_^

I'm not sure that would actually work though. Even if you detach the gloves first, doesn't the back edge of the wing still cut into the leg? Unless there's some sliding motion in the pivot, I don't think you can rotate the wings back without them physically going through the legs.

I think in the hasegawa version, the trailing edge was laying flat against the leg, and you still needed to pull it out from where the normal pivot point was, even without actually rotating it.

post-12283-0-00908600-1374114307_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-27315500-1374114315_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reïvaj

I am curious how they will accomplish high speed mode. I wonder if they will do it like in the master file, if so that is an ingenious way to do it, but that wing root will have to be pretty thing to accomodate that.

I am curious how they will accomplish high speed mode. I wonder if they will do it like in the master file, if so that is an ingenious way to do it, but that wing root will have to be pretty thing to accomodate that.

the problem with the way the master file does it is that it requires the wings to be hollow

post-4286-0-46586000-1374163381_thumb.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Oh I agree, that will make it extremely hard to do, and to make it lineart accurate in battroid mode it would have to slide back so the leading edges are flush. If they do go with something like that they will probably just leave the slot open, especially at this scale.

the problem with the way the master file does it is that it requires the wings to be hollow

attachicon.gifVariable Fighter Master File - VF-19 Excalibur -035.jpg

Wouldn't you just need to dislocate the wing glove, fold & slide the wing over, then move it all back in place?

I think that's a straightforward way to do it. The v1 could almost do it, but the wings couldn't slide outwards to let them sit flush against the legs.

Wouldn't you just need to dislocate the wing glove, fold & slide the wing over, then move it all back in place?

I think that's a straightforward way to do it. The v1 could almost do it, but the wings couldn't slide outwards to let them sit flush against the legs.

This seems like the most logical way to make it PT.

No need for any complicated folding mechanism and no need to put slots in the leg of the toy.

Graham

And no need for outrageous extra amounts of money because engineering. Come on, valks are already expensive, and more and more people will wait for them to be in sale to grab them. This happened once.

Edited by Froy

We still don't know if the Macross line of PT toys was the cause of Yamato's demise.

I expect the YF-19 to be priced similar to the VF-4G and VF-17D w/Super Packs for around 300-350. It's coming with FP, a lot of missile accessories, improve transformation ala VF-19 series and to add more, additional anime accurate gimmicks. They are just not slapping parts from the VF-19 and slightly modifying YF-19 parts to fit, they are doing this the right way and I'm happy about it.

I sometime seriously think they read this forums because almost every thing we start discussing they then have a good answer for. The only doubt left is if they'll improve the ball joint ankle.

When I looked at anime52k8 picture (the Master file one), I can clearly see how Arcadia can make the high speed mode without hassle:

Change the wing rotating pivot to the position described in the master file, instead of the corner of the wing as made for the YF-19-Version 1. Doing so, it makes possible to fold the wing when transforming and snap back the wing in the both positions (normal and high speed). In version 1, it was impossible because the wing was extruding.

See picture attached.

In Version 1, the pivot was made so that the wings (once folded) in Battroid mode were mostly anime accurate. The major main issue that I can see, is that changing the wing pivot according to the master file, makes it more difficult to obtain an anime accurate Battroid mode. I am working on a picture that explains that, I would update asap

post-15880-0-54078700-1374236952_thumb.jpg

If you look at the Master file, the wing "High-Speed" position cannot be applied to Battroid mode without modification. It is too far from the Battroid proportions (the folded wings would be too long compared to the legs length).

I was looking on the Battroid mode and playing with the wing parts to position them in order to obtain the most accurate possible "folded wing" position for the Battroid. I ended up with this model:

Going further, I obtained a figure where I was able to keep the Master file proportions in both Fighter Normal-Speed and High-Speed, and also to obtain the Folded wing position that I judged the "mostly anime accurate".
There is certainly some way to make the model smoother and better looking in Battroid, and I certainly am impatient to see what Arcadia made already !

post-15880-0-79887100-1374241977_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-94676700-1374242246_thumb.jpg

Those are very useful diagrams Xigfrid. Hope to see more from Arcadia at the Wonderfest Event. I somewhat doubt that that the finished toy will sport hollow wings because they look very thin. Since the wing roots are looking very voluminous I assume that the wings will rotate differently in the wing gloves for High Speed- and Battroid-Mode.

That brings a question. What you rather have? a perfect transformation toy but not 100% anime accurate? or an anime accurate toy with swapable parts?

A YF-21 with swapable accurate legs comes to mind....

As long as the only non-perfect transformation aspect is the high speed mode then that's fine. If they sacrifice perfect transformation of the regular modes just to get the high-speed mode then that would be annoying.