Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

i'm quire satisfied with my VF-19S myself. even at a mere $180shipped from HKC it wasn't exactly cheap, and to have invested in an additional spare copy as i have...

i'd say both have cost me just around slightly more than what just ONE would have cost at original MSRP, and probably AT LEAST as much as this new YF will be MSRPing for.... :(

Edited by Shaorin

wow that really does look a lot better. addresses a lot of the complaints i had with the v1's battroid mode. ball joint hips and ankles make a huge difference.

OMG, I never realized how flat the v1 YF-19 face was.

Compared to the new CAD, the v1 face reminds me of the squash v1 VF-1S head.

Looks like fuselage and wings area are beefier, perhaps to compensate for the beefier legs and keep a sleek appearance. Brilliant.

I always thought the current version is V2, the next 2014 version is V3. The V1 was this ugly kid that Yamato wish they never had in 1/72 scale.

yf19_proto2_bat1.jpg

But that ugly kid started the Yamato Macross saga!!

I always thought the current version is V2, the next 2014 version is V3. The V1 was this ugly kid that Yamato wish they never had in 1/72 scale.

yf19_proto2_bat1.jpg

yeah but no one calls the 1/48 vf-1 "v2"

Eh, I generally would consider this Yamato's "V3" YF-19, but I'm in the minority.

My feeling is that the 1/48 was an intentional one-off change of scale, to make a purposely-not-in-scale-with-the-others, gimmick-filled "ultimate" extra-large VF-1. Basically unrelated to the previous 1/60.

Whereas the 1/72 vs 1/60 valks was changing the entire "main" line to conform to a new standard and they are all direct sucessors to each other. (the first VF-11 was more like 1/66 anyways IIRC, they were already moving towards 1/60 at that point)

Loving the look of the CAD image.

Just a quick thought, the thrusters around the ankle and shin look a little too "VF-19" just without the improved thruster system which wraps around the entire lower leg of the VF-19.

I always thought the YF-19 was squared off when compared to the VF-19, especially in the "bell bottom" area. I guess that could be from looking at my current YF-19 for so long.

Not a big deal for me, I will still jump at the chance to update my YF-19's.

Just a quick thought, the thrusters around the ankle and shin look a little too "VF-19" just without the improved thruster system which wraps around the entire lower leg of the VF-19.

I always thought the YF-19 was squared off when compared to the VF-19, especially in the "bell bottom" area. I guess that could be from looking at my current YF-19 for so long.

I know what you mean. For me the YF-19 always looked like real military gear and not like an anime superhero like the VF-19 from Macross 7 does.

It's not as squared off as one would say, at least not according to the line art:

post-12283-0-12625300-1372279432_thumb.gif

Source: Macross Mecha Manual

I would like this valk if it didn't have the nose cone chest. Something about that really makes me dislike the design.

I guess there are only so many ways you can make a Jet turn into a robot, and eventually you gotta have the pointy nose chest. haha

But that said, the new developments are impressive.

I hope they keep redesigning all the old stuff. Half the reason I collect toys now is the engineering and design. It's like artwork you can interact with.

Edited by Gakken85

I would like this valk if it didn't have the nose cone chest. Something about that really makes me dislike the design.

I guess there are only so many ways you can make a Jet turn into a robot, and eventually you gotta have the pointy nose chest. haha

I hope they keep redesigning all the old stuff. Half the reason I collect toys now is the engineering and design. It's like artwork you can interact with.

I feel the same. Awesome quote.

"Half the reason I collect toys now is the engineering and design. It's like artwork you can interact with." -Gakken85

I think the nose cone chest is one of yf19 best features. The mecha mode looks cool so far, can't wait to the the fighter mode!

I think the nose cone chest is one of yf19 BREAST features. The mecha mode looks cool so far, can't wait to the the fighter mode!

ftfy

Thanks R_hunter

Edited by Gakken85

the improvements that I expect are wings with better mobility and allowing attach missiles and compatibility with the vf 11 fastpack

$20 says you will get none of these. The wings folding back is your best bet, but I don't see it. But since they're including fast packs anyway that's means there's a slot you could plug something in. I'm sure some additional attachment could be whipped up at shapeways to allow the VF-11 packs to attache. Considering every Valk Yamato has made except for the VF-1 lacks hard points I wouldn't expect them to add any.

Hard points need to be a new standard.

hard points will be provided through swappable parts included with the fast pack add on set available at a latter date web shop exclusive, available to Japanese residents only.

What´s the problem with the VF-19 double jointed elbows?

They are great, and the sliding metal biceps does a great job blocking the view of the joint in case you don´t need it...

It's purpose is for the transformation, not really for added articulation. V.2 VF-1 has them, most Bandai DXs have them... It's the one thing i miss when changing the pose of my 11B trying to mimic the poses i can do with my v.2 VF-1s. But hey, like i said, mine's gonna stay mostly in fighter mode since i'm expecting it to be shorter in b-mode.

It's not as squared off as one would say, at least not according to the line art:

attachicon.gifyf-19-battroid.gif

Source: Macross Mecha Manual

Yeah I know what you mean, I just look at the shoulders and lower legs and I see a flatter design. Maybe squared off was not the correct choice of word. But I do think that the YF-19 looks significantly less rounded than the VF-19, at least in the current Yamato forms.

Based on those CADS it appears we're definitely getting ball jointed ankles. Which definitely helps with proportions and saving space for transformation. I only worry that we will see a return of the ankle issues of the VF-19's instead of a better mechanism for angling feet back.

I don't mind that they're ball joints so long as they're good ones. The way they currently are is one of the weak points of the VF-19s.

You´re right.

My VF-19kai has the magical superglue fix for the ankles... and that way, they are great for posing. The problem is, like you say, the way they are engineered...

I don't mind that they're ball joints so long as they're good ones. The way they currently are is one of the weak points of the VF-19s.

- still don't see what all the fuss is all about with those Ankles...

really not sure what all the grumbles are all about concerning the 1/60 VF-19 series' GERWALK stance.

seems like i can get all the "aggressive stance" i could ever want out of my -19S;

VF-19SGERWALK6-20-13_zps9b39938a.jpg

Edited by Shaorin