Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I have only 4, but only the first release where a pain. I cant touch my 1st release Focker without the nose cone or the flaps falling off.

i had a 1/48 Focker too, 1A Hikaru as well, the very first two 1/48 releases, in fact. i just glued the flaps and cones in place, i was so fed up with them all...

I find it odd that the wings folded back is a desirable bullet-point. From my perspective it makes the fighter look terrible.

I disagree. Fighter planes look better with the wings swept back. Forward swept wings makes the aircraft look like it's going the wrong way.

I would like to see a sweep back feature on this but it wouldn't be a dealbreaker if it's not there.

I disagree. Fighter planes look better with the wings swept back. Forward swept wings makes the aircraft look like it's going the wrong way.

I would like to see a sweep back feature on this but it wouldn't be a dealbreaker if it's not there.

Agreed. This is one of the reasons why I never took a liking to the YF-19. That and the fact that the REB-30G head laser sticks out topside in fighter mode, but to each his own I guess.

Agreed. This is one of the reasons why I never took a liking to the YF-19. That and the fact that the REB-30G head laser sticks out topside in fighter mode, but to each his own I guess.

LOL, What's with all the hate for forward swept wings? Forward swept wings give an aircraft unparalleled manoueverability and turning radius (The NASA X-29 and Sukhoi SU-47 Berkut have proven this). These wings are totally fitting for the YF-19 which was purely a raw performance machine in stark comparison to the 21's techy-jedi-mind-control-thing-a-ma-jig system.

I would personally love to have an option for the 19 to have it's high speed mode too, but that won't deter me from buying this thing.

I'll go ahead and say that the design of the 19 favors forward swept wings. The "high speed" mode is jarring and transforms the plane from looking like a graceful bird of prey to looking like a plucked turkey fired from a cannon.

Looks nice but that would cost extra $$$. Just for a nice but useless gimmick? Air brakes and mobile flaps makes more sense, at less to me.

Kinda like the antennae for the gerwalk mode present in the 1/60 V.1 and 1/48 but not in the 1/60 V.2. Cool but at the end useless.

Edited by Froy

If you look at the mecha rear view, you will see the butt piece/intake got a small triangle cut off. Kind the interesting, not sure I like that, may be there a function to it.

For High speed mode, just give us an extra pair of wings. :p

C'mon guys, it ain't so bad... :unsure:

Where is that pic from? Did you edit it yourself? I love the fact that it says YF-TURKEY.jpg. Hahahaha

And to add my two sense on the wings:. I always loved the forward wings. Its a remarkable silhouette, speaking froma design perspective. And one of my favorite scenes is when Isamu is planning out his flight plan with his hand mimicking the fighter's wingspan. Simply awesome.

Are you guys sure this is not just a repaint of the vf-19 because that's what it looks like to me not that I am complaining

Well if it is a transformable toy (and I think it is save to assume that it is) then the CAD-picture of the Battroid-Mode show already differences to the original so I think it's save to say that this is a new mold.

Of course there is always the possibility that they will reuse some parts (like the shoulder pauldrons).

Edited by Scyla

There's really not enough material there to justify a separate release. They're much smaller than the VF-17 packs, and have no actual gimmicks to speak of that I remember.

That's why they added a foldildo to the package lol. I wonder if they even have a fold booster in mind this time around. Honestly I won't cry if they don't have a way to attach a fold booster, I ended up putting mine on Max's VF-22 so could have one like this:

Vf22s.jpg

YF-Turkey indeed. I never much cared for the high speed look either. The forward swept wings are the 19's trademark, and look great with the overall design. It's already fast and maneuverable; the high speed wing position just seems like a superfluous idea that Kawamori had, but I don't remember its being used in the OVA or movie.

I'm just looking forward to a superior YF-19 to replace my broken 1/60 Yamato YF-19.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Are you guys sure this is not just a repaint of the vf-19 because that's what it looks like to me not that I am complaining

We really, really, really need someone to put up some official lineart from the Chronicles etc showing just how different a YF-19 and VF-19F etc really are.

I did a quicky bad shop of the original image.

The back swept wings are animated in Macross Plus for a few miliseconds when Isamu is dogfighting Guld in the city at high speed blowing out the buildings windows. I guess Kawamori added that feature to the YF-19 to correlate the YF-21 high speed mod where it fold it's wing down, curiously like a turkey also, LOL.

YF-19 and VF-19A are identical.

VF-19S/Fare sorta chubbier with an extended main fuselage making the forward swept wings look shorter.

VF-19 Kai is an atrocity.

Kinda like the antennae for the gerwalk mode present in the 1/60 V.1 and 1/48 but not in the 1/60 V.2. Cool but at the end useless.

i've always been rather fond that little detail myself;

VF-1JHikaruTVJohn-6-24-13_zpsa4012d68.jp

YF-19 and VF-19A are identical.

VF-19S/Fare sorta chubbier with an extended main fuselage making the forward swept wings look shorter.

VF-19 Kai is an atrocity.

Correction; VF-19k is a Blasphemous Aberration before God. still, YMMV, Differ'nt Strokes, and all that... :)

Edited by Shaorin

We really, really, really need someone to put up some official lineart from the Chronicles etc showing just how different a YF-19 and VF-19F etc really are.

It would not help. It would have been better if Kawamori had renamed the 19 to VF-20 for M7 and beyond, like he did with the YF-21 becoming the VF-22; that would save a lot of confusion to some.

LOL, I remember when I saw the intro of Macross 7 for the fist time... "hmm...catchy intro music...interesting clamshell space fortress....alright F-117 valk!!...hell yeah, red YF-19.......waait....wait....is that a face?.... wait wait....if he flying with a guitar.... seriously a FACE....GUITAR CONTROLS...oh God, what have they done?".

I've always missed the antennas on the VF-1, how did you do it?

post-4448-0-35853900-1372120297_thumb.png

The -19S/F wings *are* shorter. Not merely look shorter. (though IIRC the Chronicles retconned it to the F having 2 different wing options, including longer -19A style wings---but all the F/S's seen on-screen had the short wings)

And the fuselage itself is the same length, it's the wing LERX's/intakes that are extended.

I've always missed the antennas on the VF-1, how did you do it?

well, i've the 1/72 HCM's included antenna in there at the moment, but there is a shallow circular depression there an all 1/60v.II backpack modules.

i simply took a fresh X-ACTO and carefully reamed it out into a hole...

It's not a repaint, just based on the fighter mode in the picture the fuselage is shaped different (as the YF-19 was), the shoulders are blocky instead of smooth and rounded. The legs are shaped more blocky and the tail fins aren't in the same location at all. It's a different plane. Plus the Battroid pics show several instances where transformation is different from VF-19's already released in the hip area alone.

Edited by Mommar

there are very few parts they can reuse from the VF-19 molds. for one, you can clearly see the very same wing root/hip joint mount in that CAD mockup

as the ones used in the VF-19 series. besides those and perhaps a few other areas, such as the entire hand, arm and shoulder assemblies (less the shoulder pauldrons)

and perhaps the diecast knee assemblies, i cannot see much of anything that could possibly carry over...

Edited by Shaorin

YF-Turkey indeed. I never much cared for the high speed look either. The forward swept wings are the 19's trademark, and look great with the overall design. It's already fast and maneuverable; the high speed wing position just seems like a superfluous idea that Kawamori had, but I don't remember its being used in the OVA or movie.

We can't really say it was wildly used:

post-12283-0-89439700-1372130784_thumb.jpg

post-12283-0-85425400-1372130790_thumb.jpg

post-12283-0-67271900-1372130796_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reïvaj

Yeah, the -19's high-speed mode is pretty much just a couple frames, blink and you'll miss it--and even in the frames it's present in, it's very small. The -21's high-speed mode, while a more subtle change, is shown more clearly/prominently. (plus, it doesn't require anything 'special' to do, it uses the normal transformation hinges)

It's maybe just a few frames but a damn cool few frames where they blow all these windows! It's also present in the games whenever you hit the throttle. For me It's really not a deal breaker neither but since Yamato's 21 can do it I always felt like the 19 missed a feature.

Wow, I never even knew the YF-19 had its wings swept back in high-speed mode during that scene, and I've probably watched Macross Plus over 50 times through the years!

That's why they added a foldildo to the package lol. I wonder if they even have a fold booster in mind this time around. Honestly I won't cry if they don't have a way to attach a fold booster, I ended up putting mine on Max's VF-22 so could have one like this:

Vf22s.jpg

Fold booster's no big loss, but I'd love to see those rocket boosters for the VF-11B Thunderbolt. B))

This is not only High-Speed mode, but also a glider mode. It is seen in the OAV and Movie. The fact that the YF-19 has variable wings makes it cool and this plane is not intended to have fixed wings in fighter mode.

I can see how difficult it will be to make these wings to slide back, but this is part of the challenge of making new tooling and molds. At least Arcadia could make something like transforming out the wing to put it in reverse mode and lock it back in fighter mode...