Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Sorry to take a bit, I just noticed the request to highlight what I was talking about with the hips. Here's a version with the lines highlighted to show up.

Basically, it looks like whatever the hip side-to-side joint is attached to might be connected to the wing-root gunports, so they stay with the hip, but the upper intake piece is pulled up and back.

Also, the intakes look like they've got a really thick lip on the upper edge. The hip design there doesn't look quite finished in the 3D cad render as it does on the line-art drawing in the background.

You can also make out the filler pieces for the hips like the VF-19s have.

I have to wonder though.. Will Arcadia be including SMS stickers with this one? :lol:

It's kind of hard to tell what's going on with that. The 19 had that longer portion that slid up and is mounted higher on the torso (which is actually contrary to the lineart.) Maybe they figured out a way to keep that upper intake connected but slide-able so the wing-root gun ports can be freed. Either that or the transformation is even more different then we realize for this one.

Yeah, there is a chance for the current 21 since these are G2 toys.

T-Rex basically did all the computer designs works for Yamato's Generation 3 toy line, so it's very unlikely for Arcadia to revisit G3 line except reissue.

G1

1/72 Mac+

1/60 VF-1 (widely known as V1)

G2

1/48 VF-1

1/60 YF-21/22, YF-19, except VF-11

1/60 Zero

G3

1/60 VF-11

1/60 VF-1 (widely known as V2)

1/60 M7

There was a history page of all Yamato's toy lines and generations categorized by the craftsmanships of their products.

The G1 were crappy toys with poor fitments and unnecessary die-casts, but it's the opening page to the world after 15 years of Takatoku and Bandai. They switched factories apparently to start the G2 by eliminating most die-casts on the surface, but the fitments and materials were problematic. The G3 is the current toy line since 2006, IIRC, where collectors really enjoy their improved built and fitments from the helps of T-Rex, and possibly new factories.

Thanks. Good info. You're saying they won't rework the t-rex stuff, but maybe re-issue it if they get the molds.

Does this history page still exist?

Edited by Gakken85

The Destroids started around the time the 21 came out. They were designed by Team Strike! also known as MFM. Same guys that designed the HDP regult. I guess it doesn't matter if they were G3 because it doesn't seem that they'll revisit those.

Thanks. Good info. You're saying they won't rework the t-rex stuff, but maybe re-issue it if they get the molds.

Does this history page still exist?

That t-Rex G1,G2,G3 info is very good, where can I find more info on that?

It was on Yamato's website, which is gone now.

I wonder if it still exists on those buffered pages.

Old sites or whatever.

The image below was the original Yamato page talking about the evolution of VF-1 toys in generations, but it's gone.

You still can find some tiny info from Graham when he did his review on the V2.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/VF-1-160-Review/VF-1S_review.html

yamatoas3.jpg

【お知らせ】アルカディアマクロスシリーズより、大人気機体「YF-19」が2014年発売予定となります。価格等詳細は未定でございますが、随時公式HP/twitter/Facebook等で情報公開をいたします。是非ご期待くださいませ。

922776_577646322279660_1679569550_n.jpg

I wonder if the wings will sweep all the way back?

i'd like to say that that is absolutely impossible, but with the feats YAMATO/ARCADIA have pulled off of late,

i'm beginning to believe that their "Mr.K" is capable of engineering just about anything... :o

Edited by Shaorin

It wouldn't be hard to do but it might be expensive. The base of the wing would need to slide into the leg so you'd need to add a flap to the leg to conceal the groove. The 1/48 VF-1 has a similar mechanism to plug the super part holes in the back of the legs.

EDIT - I really hope we get a Ravens and a Skull paint scheme. C'mon... Arcadia wouldn't build this expensive mold for just one model right?

Edited by jenius

Seeing how most Macross fighter modes are somewhat realistic in control surfaces.

If you swept the '19's wings back it would be a aeronautical brick.

At least on a planet with an atmosphere. In space it doesn't even need wings.

None the less, it would be a pointless gimmick.

I'd rather having working elevators on the wings.

【お知らせ】アルカディアマクロスシリーズより、大人気機体「YF-19」が2014年発売予定となります。価格等詳細は未定でございますが、随時公式HP/twitter/Facebook等で情報公開をいたします。是非ご期待くださいませ。

922776_577646322279660_1679569550_n.jpg

Seeing more detail, saw someone who will come with the covers neck like VF-19s

It wouldn't be hard to do but it might be expensive. The base of the wing would need to slide into the leg so you'd need to add a flap to the leg to conceal the groove. The 1/48 VF-1 has a similar mechanism to plug the super part holes in the back of the legs.

EDIT - I really hope we get a Ravens and a Skull paint scheme. C'mon... Arcadia wouldn't build this expensive mold for just one model right?

a Double Nuts would be nice too, IMHO...

Yes flaps as well please. If they could do on 1/72 real world fighter models why not on a 1/60.

'cause all us 1/48 VF-1 owners, former and current, know full well what a tremendous hassle those movable wing flaps were/are. the Gimmick just isn't worth it...

The previous release of the YF-19 Super Parts included Yang as a second pilot as well as a second seat for the toy. How are the chances that this feature will be on the new YF-19 from the get-go?

The previous release of the YF-19 Super Parts included Yang as a second pilot as well as a second seat for the toy. How are the chances that this feature will be on the new YF-19 from the get-go?

True.

I never had a 1/48 VF-1, were the flaps really that bad? I think they add to the display options.

I have only 4, but only the first release where a pain. I cant touch my 1st release Focker without the nose cone or the flaps falling off.
M&M super J are just beautiful.
Edited by Froy

Not sure if anyone ask this already (didn't read all the 7 pages) but, any chance that the fast packs are the ones seen in the 2nd M Frontier movie??? and not the M Plus ones?

This is the Mac+ VF-19, and we still don't know whether the fastpacks are bundle or sold separately.

Only way they're going to be able to do the wings sweeping back is if they use the sliding pivot detailed in the master file, which isn't a bad idea if they can pull it off without weakening the wing structure and attachment.

Even if you did manage to embed them in the legs, the wings would slice directly through the shoulder mechanism if they folded like the animation showed.

As far as being an aeronautical brick though, if you're going fast enough, wings don't matter that much. The underside of the plane is smooth enough that you'd probably get plenty of lift off the body, similar to how an F-14 or F-15 aren't supposed to actually need wings to stay in the air.

I hope they just include the fast packs from the start, like they did with the first YF-21 release. There's really not enough material there to justify a separate release. They're much smaller than the VF-17 packs, and have no actual gimmicks to speak of that I remember.

Edited by Chronocidal