Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

That doesn't necessarily mean it will transform though. I used to buy mech models of varying types and I have been bamboozled by images of a robot or vehicle mode only to be let down.

HONEST TO GOD, this is YAMATO/ARCADIA we're talking about here!!

this is going to be a 1/60 KANZEN HENKEI release, at least as well-designed as the Yammie 19k/S/F/P, no doubt about it whatsoever...

tumblr_mon3etH0391s5oxc0o1_1280.jpg

what is that? someone's custom scratchbuild or kitbash or WONFES exclusive or something?

It was from WONFES and I think the weapons are scratch-built if I remember right.

Edited by Shaorin

Very, very excited about this news. I never got the last YF-19, but I have almost all of the Macross 7 VF-19s. So fantastically well-designed. I hope everyone who is saying that this is coming with the FAST packs is correct.

I don't think that they'll be redoing the 21/22 series nor the VF-11. I think that was one of the first "definitive" toy versions designed by the T-Rex people. I would guess Zero valks will be next unless it's another VF-4 type thing. I can't think of something as iconic as the VF-4 that wasn't in a series or movie though. And it seems like Bandai isn't done with their 1/60 Frontier license. VF-2SS SAP??? LOL!

The VF-11 is fine, but the -21 needs belly plates that lock together at the rear, an upper rear fuselage that locks into place and doesn't rely purely on hinge friction, and limbs that don't come off which leads to cracked hip joints.

All of which the 1/72 had, ironically.

I love the YF-21/VF-22S but there are things I'd like improve on the YF-21, the fighter mode is as good as it gets, but battroid still needs improvement as in, better head range of motion, proper chest locking mechanism and its major weakness, the whole hip/legs/belly plate system Too skinny and a pain to transform and put back together. But I'm in no hurry to put them in the back of the shelf. :p I want VF-11B/C reissues first!

As one of the biggest YF19 fan.....I'll be ordering a few dozens...The first few releases are not obsolete, not yet... not just yet ...

fixed it for you.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Judging from the built, fitment and quality, the VF-11 is definitely the one done by T-Rex, and in fact it was the first toy that Yamato regarded as the Generation 3 toy line. I remember Yamato mentioned this on their website: The 1/72 was the G1, followed by the 1/48, 1/60 YF-21/22 and YF-19 as the G2.

Judging from the built, fitment and quality, the VF-11 is definitely the one done by T-Rex, and in fact it was the first toy that Yamato regarded as the Generation 3 toy line. I remember Yamato mentioned this on their website: The 1/72 was the G1, followed by the 1/48, 1/60 YF-21/22 and YF-19 as the G2.

thanks Vi-RS... I knew it was on the site. No way of checking now... lol. So maybe there is a chance for that 21 after all. Those 1/72s should be considered Gen Zero... they were awful. Those are the kinds of toys I'd expect Toynami to pump out now. :D

BTW, this would be G1 for the Arcadia YF-19...

The VF-11 is fine, but the -21 needs belly plates that lock together at the rear, an upper rear fuselage that locks into place and doesn't rely purely on hinge friction, and limbs that don't come off which leads to cracked hip joints.

All of which the 1/72 had, ironically.

I'd be hard pressed to go through ALL the 21/22's again, but a new VF-21... MAYBE. Maybe. it would have to be a WILD improvement.

But was it really entirely designed under the Arcadia banner? or one of the last Yamato projects?......I say Macross Plus VF-14 should be the next fully designed PT valk as Arcadia....OK....maybe after the SDF-1 TV!!! :rolleyes:

But was it really entirely designed under the Arcadia banner? or one of the last Yamato projects?......I say Macross Plus VF-14 should be the next fully designed PT valk as Arcadia....OK....maybe after the SDF-1 TV!!! :rolleyes:

It takes longer to transform a Yammy than to design them... I mean an Arcaddy(?)... Arcy... oh no...

It takes longer to transform a Yammy than to design them... I mean an Arcaddy(?)... Arcy... oh no...

Arcy has a nice ring to it......an expensive one at that....lol :D

Very, very excited about this news. I never got the last YF-19, but I have almost all of the Macross 7 VF-19s. So fantastically well-designed. I hope everyone who is saying that this is coming with the FAST packs is correct.

Arcadia is saying it. I hope they're correct, too!! :)

Sorry to take a bit, I just noticed the request to highlight what I was talking about with the hips. Here's a version with the lines highlighted to show up.

Basically, it looks like whatever the hip side-to-side joint is attached to might be connected to the wing-root gunports, so they stay with the hip, but the upper intake piece is pulled up and back.

Also, the intakes look like they've got a really thick lip on the upper edge. The hip design there doesn't look quite finished in the 3D cad render as it does on the line-art drawing in the background.

You can also make out the filler pieces for the hips like the VF-19s have.

I have to wonder though.. Will Arcadia be including SMS stickers with this one? :lol:

post-907-0-49995100-1371876238_thumb.jpg

Finally some news. I bet people are going to be selling the old version now to help offset the cost of this. You got to remember that unlike the vf-4 this one is popular mech that got exposure and was seen in a major ova kicking butt. I think it would be far less risky than VF-4 so probably they will produce in larger qauntities?

I hated the tiny gunpod of the original 1/60 yf-19.

What other stuff would I wish for? Probably the variable Glaug.

Let's hope this thing has no fragile parts that break easily. It is the mecha that defeated a hacked SDF-1 by ramming itself into its vulnerable bit to stop it, like an end-of-level boss in an arcade shooting game. It deserves better than that.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I hope this doesn't happen anymore, but what will we call if someone gets "Yamatoed"...Arcadiaed? Arcaded? :ph34r:

At least, the last time I got Yamatoed, I got an extra pilot figure. B))

Stow away!

LOL... you got an extra figure and you're still looking for one on your signature...

2014, plenty of time to save up.

I got an extra VF-17 figure, getting the VF-1, in need of a VF-11B one. :ph34r::ph34r:

It be really nice if Arcadia would offer extra stuff like pilots, option parts, waterslide decals, etc. for sale without having to buy the whole valk.

Is T-rex a designer for Yamato or something?

Why would his design exclude it from being re-issued? Seems like it would be a cheaper mold to get a-hold of because it was a non-hero. Who knows.

umm, wow, out of no-where... i thought we were done...

Does anybody know how much this thing will be? The only reason i was able to get vf-19s and fire are because they were like 135 and 167 USD each when Yamato went kapout, and the old yf-19 was like 165$ at the time it was released. If this thing is gonna be 300 - 400 $ again, it wouldnt be worth it for me to start selling my old ones as i couldnt afford the new one anyways. Well, good to hear that macross toys will still be going (other than bandai), i just hope the prices wont be insane and the quality will be there, as it was on the vf-19's

If you can't afford one, why not spread the word to get as many people to pre-order, that it becomes easier for the company to guage the interest so that they don't under-produce?

When they make stuff in low number usually that means paying premium as people are willing to offer more when it is rare.

The reason vf-4 is expensive is it didn't really get as much exposure in a show as the yf-19, so it's more risky. I would be surpised if this was more expensive than the VF-19 if it was not limited release item.

thanks Vi-RS... I knew it was on the site. No way of checking now... lol. So maybe there is a chance for that 21 after all. Those 1/72s should be considered Gen Zero... they were awful. Those are the kinds of toys I'd expect Toynami to pump out now. :D

Yeah, there is a chance for the current 21 since these are G2 toys.

Is T-rex a designer for Yamato or something?

Why would his design exclude it from being re-issued? Seems like it would be a cheaper mold to get a-hold of because it was a non-hero. Who knows.

T-Rex basically did all the computer designs works for Yamato's Generation 3 toy line, so it's very unlikely for Arcadia to revisit G3 line except reissue.

G1

1/72 Mac+

1/60 VF-1 (widely known as V1)

G2

1/48 VF-1

1/60 YF-21/22, YF-19, except VF-11

1/60 Zero

G3

1/60 VF-11

1/60 VF-1 (widely known as V2)

1/60 M7

There was a history page of all Yamato's toy lines and generations categorized by the craftsmanships of their products.

The G1 were crappy toys with poor fitments and unnecessary die-casts, but it's the opening page to the world after 15 years of Takatoku and Bandai. They switched factories apparently to start the G2 by eliminating most die-casts on the surface, but the fitments and materials were problematic. The G3 is the current toy line since 2006, IIRC, where collectors really enjoy their improved built and fitments from the helps of T-Rex, and possibly new factories.