Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Adventure-time-dance-5046_preview.gif

Stoked. I don't really like the plus Valks other than the VF-11's but I'll give this newly engineered one a shot.

Glad to see Arcadia is moving forward and I hope it helps to kill the scalping market even more.

Separating the hips and intakes like that is how it's SUPPOSED to have been done since the beginning--it's how the lineart does it. I tried my darndest to get Graham to convince Yamato to do it that way on their YF. They HAD to do it for the F/S/Kai, as it's essential. It just took them this long to realize that that is how it should be on the entire -19 family. It's just not as obvious on the YF. But it does make a difference.

Separating them yes, but I'm curious why they broke the pieces the way they did. You definitely have the old upper intake block being cut into two separate sections, one with the intake being pushed back, the other with the port for the gun in the wing root which looks like it stays attached to the hip.

Separating them yes, but I'm curious why they broke the pieces the way they did. You definitely have the old upper intake block being cut into two separate sections, one with the intake being pushed back, the other with the port for the gun in the wing root which looks like it stays attached to the hip.

Ah, I see what you mean now. Yep, you're right, that's definitely unique. Probably for stability for the wing assembly in Fighter mode? Because the wing roots attach behind that gun, and if the gun was part of the piece with the upper intake, it would be quite loose (remember that that block which gets pushed back in the VF-19 mold doesn't actually "lock" into anything in Fighter mode). Just a theory, though. It does look odd, now that I think about it, and it certainly is not *exactly* like the lineart. I don't really mind, though. Yet. :p

I had skipped over the old YF19 in favor of the later VF-19 derivatives, but this one is a high prio to complete the set of Valkyries from Plus. Can't wait.

Ah, I see what you mean now. Yep, you're right, that's definitely unique. Probably for stability for the wing assembly in Fighter mode? Because the wing roots attach behind that gun, and if the gun was part of the piece with the upper intake, it would be quite loose (remember that that block which gets pushed back in the VF-19 mold doesn't actually "lock" into anything in Fighter mode). Just a theory, though. It does look odd, now that I think about it, and it certainly is not *exactly* like the lineart. I don't really mind, though. Yet. :p

Could one of you gentlemen mark one of the images, I'm unclear what you're discussing.

It will be interesting to see what changes or improvements could be made for this versus the VF series, if any.

It was Macross plus that had started it off for Yamato/Toycom back in the day with their 1/72 lineup. I guess old habits are hard to break.

Incidentally, it was also Macross Plus that started it off for me as a collector. :D Naturally, I'm super stoked that Arcadia's giving one of my first and favorite Valks an improved toy. I just hope it doesn't empty my wallet in the process.

v1 VF-1 got me full into Macross, but the YF-19 and YF-21 were the ones that got me hooked on this PT toys.

I hope the new YF-19 doesn't come with that Barney purple Frontier puke canopy.

What? Why on Earth would it??

bye bye old YF-19 O_o

Nothing can replace my weathered 19 :3

what is that? someone's custom scratchbuild or kitbash or WONFES exclusive or something?

It was from WONFES and I think the weapons are scratch-built if I remember right.

Nothing can replace my weathered 19 :3

It was from WONFES and I think the weapons are scratch-built if I remember right.

I believe the benchmark for a "badass" YF-19 has just been set.....Arcadia has plenty of time left.....and I like that a YF-19 is "pre-yellowed"! :rolleyes:

the CAD design for battroid is in the background.

That doesn't necessarily mean it will transform though. I used to buy mech models of varying types and I have been bamboozled by images of a robot or vehicle mode only to be let down.

That doesn't necessarily mean it will transform though. I used to buy mech models of varying types and I have been bamboozled by images of a robot or vehicle mode only to be let down.

Considering how closely the CAD design of the YF-19 resembles the VF-19 series from Yamato and the same pedigree who worked on that one is working on this YF-19 it's safe to assume this thing can and will transform.

YEEEEESSSSS YES YES YES YES YES i am officially back in the game!!!!!

really? people are still saying this? it says quite clearly 完全変形=perfect transformation

That arm cannon as a special extra piece would be cool to have but there's no way it's transforming with that thing on.

Yes it can, it can be made as a 4 point attachment that surrounds the forearm, if the internal mechanism to open isn't too complicated they can make it unwrap and attach to the other forearm with collapsing leg housing so it could fit similar to the VF-1 arm packs on fighter mode.

Of course, this sounds overly complicated, if they just give me the piece of plastic to attach on battroid I'll be happy.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Here's another look at the additional weapons:

tumblr_mon3etH0391s5oxc0o1_1280.jpg

Is this a model kit??? :blink: :blink:

If it is... wow, these baby's are starting to look like real $300 Dollar toys..! so detailed and clean paint/tampo prints..!!

Edited by erikos0311