Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

A "Fully Loaded" (armor, booster, arm cannon, full ordinance) YF-19 will probably push $400 shipped....start skipping lunch guys!

Thank God for the new YF-19!! but I think I'll have to sell my car to get. And if it comes with all this with more reason!

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS ! ! ! !

And if you excuse my english... VAMOS CARAJO !!!!!!!!!

Now... breathing normally.... This is great news. GREAT news. If they are re-relasing the YF-19 I´ll say NOW AND WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that they are going to lauch the SDF-1 . In any version, I don´t care, but they´ll release it...

And, let´s face it. Much of us were willing to pay any price for a Yamato valk in perfect condition. Will you be surprised if this Valk turns to be "expensive". Of course not... Prices are high all around the world. And even in China they have to pay the workers accordingly. All of you want this Valk to cost 100 dollars? Of course it´s not.... Think about it.

Even in the 200 dollars price range, if they manage to secure stock and avoid scalpers (2 pieces max per customer), it´ll be a reasonable price.

Woo, I love this part.. where we get one cad image to look at, and we start picking it apart driving ourselves crazy with anticipation. :p

It's definitely looking like the VF-19s when you compare the intakes and wing glove joints. The intakes are pretty weird looking though, almost unfinished due to that thick upper lip (kinda like they just stuck the VF-19 intakes on there for the render). Looks like it'll have the same neck cover as the VF-19s, which is fine by me.

Looking at the battroid pic though, the hip design looks strange. I've never seen anyone separate the upper intake from the wingroot gunports, so that's definitely a new take. If they're basing it off of the VF-19 hip design, I'd guess the gunport is attached to the hip mount, while the upper intake is hinged like the triangular panels that swing up and slide back on the VF-19s. I'm not sure the hips in the battroid pic are the same as the ones in the fighter one though.

Also looks like the tails don't slide up (yet), and the feet look like ball joints again, based on the angle they're at. The vents in the shoulder covers look a little weird to me, but might be just unfinished.

I'll be interested to see how they deal with the gullet this time. The VF-19 had that nice wide body ahead of the intakes that they could fold into panels under the chest, but this one's gonna need something else to cover the sides of that flap. I'm also hoping they went ahead and ditched the "canon" transformation for the crotch plate. The locking/shifting one on the VF-19 just works infinitely better, aesthetically and structurally.

Personally I'm just thrilled that they're re-tackling the design now, and I don't have to feel any regret over hacking up the nose section on my original 1/60 to try and fix the nose shape. :p

I'm also perfectly okay with them taking the VF-4 route with this one, both with sale methods and pricing. It'll restrict how many I buy, but long as I have at least one or two, I'll be good. If they open up the production lines, and we get runs similar to the VF-19 in cost, I'll grab as many as I can.

Edited by Chronocidal

OH GOD YESSSS!!!!!!! Saw the thread title and was worried this was another Minmay Guard situation but I'm SO GLAD to know it's legit!

The YF-19 is the valk I've wanted for the longest, but none of the other versions ever seemed to fully do it justice, been waiting on a new style YF-19 ever since I first saw the molds for the 1/60 VF-19 Kai.

Only things I hope they improve are things that will help improve the Gerwalk mode. Like giving the thigh joint an extra click so that it can bend a full 90 degrees and fixing the ankles so they have a full range of motion forwards and backwards, hopefully they go back to a ratchet joint instead of a ball.

Other than that, I'm ridiculously excited. This might be the first toy I EVER preorder. Now i'm wondering if I should still try to find a VF-19F in the interim.

Need

Want

Must have

My favourite Valk hopefully as it should have been all along.

So glad I resisted the temptation to buy one of the current crop.

:D <- crap eating grin!

It's not obsolete.....It's not obsolete.....It's not obsolete.....It's not obsolete.....It's not obsolete.....It's not obsolete.....It's not obsolete.....

med_gallery_12176_633_63946.jpg

med_gallery_12176_633_154284.jpg

(yes it is....yes it is...yes it is....yes it is....yes it is....yes it is....yes it is....yes it is....yes it is....yes it is....yes it is....) :lol:

Wow how did you get the fast packs on so well. i can't ever seem to get the fast packs on right.

Separating the hips and intakes like that is how it's SUPPOSED to have been done since the beginning--it's how the lineart does it. I tried my darndest to get Graham to convince Yamato to do it that way on their YF. They HAD to do it for the F/S/Kai, as it's essential. It just took them this long to realize that that is how it should be on the entire -19 family. It's just not as obvious on the YF. But it does make a difference.

Ever since my YF-19's shoulder crumbled beyond repair, I've been hoping for Yamato, and now, Arcadia, to make a new version with all the improvements gleaned from the VF versions. Great news indeed!

really not sure what all the grumbles are all about concerning the 1/60 VF-19 series' GERWALK stance.

seems like i can get all the "aggressive stance" i could ever want out of my -19S;

VF-19SGERWALK6-20-13_zps9b39938a.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

Ever since my YF-19's shoulder crumbled beyond repair, I've been hoping for Yamato, and now, Arcadia, to make a new version with all the improvements gleaned from the VF versions. Great news indeed!

I make parts for that if you need 'em.

Damn, just when I thought my Macross toy buying days were over...

Just when you think you're out, they drag you back in again.

The Eagles got it right. You can check out, but you can never leave........Mwahaha.

But seriously, beautiful looking CAD art.

Graham