Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

That's definitely awesome. I'm starting to look for a new job in 2014 to afford one of these.

I'm also very interested what Arcadia does with the Plus license now. Is a V2 YF-21/VF-11B possible. Or a re release of the VF-11B and the YF-21. Or even the ghost drone that the YF-21 fought in the movie/OVA.

Doubt they'll want to touch the YF-21/22 mold with a ten foot pole, seeing how many of them languished in clearance for years. As for VF-11 I think it's too recent for another redesign.

I think a reissue of the YF-21 would be nice maybe with updated Super Parts since I don't see as many ways to improve the design (unlike the YF-19). Maybe integrating a heat shield (I can't image a feasible way for doing so) and hiding the legs with even more panels. I think the YF-21/VF-22 is a stellar design. The same goes for the VF-11B. So hopefully we see some reissues of these two Valkyries when they release the YF-19 V3. :D

Don't think I will get it, Even considering that the YF-19 mold will be different I already have the Kai, P and S... BUT this is fantastic news because it menas Arcadia is making all new molds for Macross toys!!

This is great news! I'm really liking the fact that Arcadia has released this little info bit even if it's a year out. Looking at the CAD images in the background I'd say that there's a really good chance that the fighter image is the actual CAD design as well. Look at that gorgeous neckline - this has to be a new mold. Explains why they're releasing the info a year out as it'll take time to finalize the design and manufacture it.

Have been taking a slight break from Macross stuff for the past few months, but this is simply phenomenal. Absolutely amazing.

Also, I might be missing something, but isn't Arcadia just Yamato with a different name?

This is awesome. I am totally going to buy one of these. My other YF-19s are still great and this my favorite valk. The only thing that disappoints me is that this news sets the timeline of other valk releases. This is the first news of an Arcadia valk aside from the VF-1J 30th edition which means we probably will not see anything for the remainder of 2013. Still definitely excited and worth the wait. Be great if they could churn out a few M&M and VF-1Ds in the near term.

It's not obsolete.....It's not obsolete.....It's not obsolete.....It's not obsolete.....It's not obsolete.....It's not obsolete.....It's not obsolete.....

med_gallery_12176_633_63946.jpg

med_gallery_12176_633_154284.jpg

(yes it is....yes it is...yes it is....yes it is....yes it is....yes it is....yes it is....yes it is....yes it is....yes it is....yes it is....) :lol:

So this is an all new version?! heck yes! maybe i'll finally get a yf-19. i almost bought the bird of prey version a couple years back but wanted the real deco from macross plus but everyone kept saying tht it wasn't that good....now? i'm gonna FINALLY (well in 2014) have a VF-19. This may lead me to hunt down a YF-21 also. I never bothered with the VF-22's on clearance because they have no nostalgia factors for me and i only like the fighter mode. finally my 1/60 yamato vf-11b will have some company!! here is to hoping they realize that pricing the thing way too high and having everyone wait til clearance to buy the vf-17/19's from M7 was a mistake as far as pricing goes. Hoping (dreaming?) for under $200 USD....whatever that will equal in yen (which thankfully is falling ALOT compared to the dollar recently and hopefully it will continue to do so as that actually helps japan's economy and ours).

this news also makes me happy because arcadia is INVESTING in macross.....not just recycling old molds from yamato. lets hope they do all the ones that need attention (arguably anyway). leave the vf-1 line alone because i'm way way too vested in the V2's to start collecting those all over again. lol.

Edited by Mechapilot77

Looking at the CAD pictures it seems like the gun-pod is slightly enlarged and the gap between the nose cone and the chest is still there.

So what other changes can we expect from V3 of the YF-21. The obvious suspects are the improvements from the VF-19 line minus the ankles

(I do think that the YF-/VF-19 has a good looking Gerwalk-Mode if you can get the legs far enough to the front of the plane). More line-art accuracy without the gullet seems to be an easy choice but other than that I can't think of anything else.

Also the image shows the Fighter-Mode of the Valkyrie with closed intake covers. Does that mean that the covers will also be not removable.

I'm eagerly awaiting more information about this beauty form Arcadia. :wub:

Edited by Scyla

I think now is very simple adjust the new mold of the vf 19 to make the yf 19 the CAD battroid background confirmed looks more chunky like the lineart what puzzles me is will come with facemask removable like the old version and what improvements will bring maybe the arm launcher :lol:

I confess I don't see where all this excitement comes from. Third version of a toy from the same company? No, thanks. Between this and Bandai's renewal series I wander what modern toys designers are paid for...

Obviously, I'll end up buying one nonetheless :p!!!

A lot of the excitement is from the chance that our golden age is not *yet* over :p

Give us the WORKS with this one, Arcadia!

Edited by xrentonx

I think now is very simple adjust the new mold of the vf 19 to make the yf 19 the CAD battroid background confirmed looks more chunky like the lineart what puzzles me is will come with facemask removable like the old version and what improvements will bring maybe the arm launcher :lol:

All of the VF-19s have removable face masks, I would be surprised if that trend changed... for the arm launcher, I'd honestly want a clip on part... or ask someone here to shapeways the launcher (hint, hint!)

All of the VF-19s have removable face masks, I would be surprised if that trend changed... for the arm launcher, I'd honestly want a clip on part... or ask someone here to shapeways the launcher (hint, hint!)

The VF-19S/F included?

I have to check mine when I'm at home.

The VF-19S/F included?

I have to check mine when I'm at home.

No, when he said all of the VF-19's, he meant... just the Kai. :p

Although the original YF-19 had that feature, so I see the new one having it too.

Well hopefully they fix gerwalk mode. It's the only mode where the VF-19 stinks (nose heavy, needs more stable platform for balance - ratcheting ankles??)

An extra seat and figure for Yang?? That would be nice.

Considering the VF-19 was 22000y retail I'm betting this will for 26000y.