Robotech - Love Live Alive + Shadow Chronicles 2-movie set

Friends don't let friends...

lol...

So I watched the interview... that was such a douchy way to handle an interview by the guy on the screen. "It's my job..." Yeah, we know it's your job Uwe, that's why we're interviewing you. It's called insight. You know that lady owed someone something for having to put up with that.

One funny thing they talked about was that they were nervous about using the name "Love, Live, Alive" until the movie "Eat, Pray Love" came out. Eat, Pray Love came out in 2010 and there was a book before that, so that means that they've been working on this for a while now. But seriously... THAT's what they based they're decision on? lol. I wonder what they would have called it if it wasn't for that movie... The Lancer Chronicles?

I watched Shadow Cronicels thanks to a friend...

I'll never get that time back....

Yeah, and I watched it on Hulu for free. At work. During lunch. I want that bandwidth back but I know that won't happen.

I hope you kept the receipt.

If the store asks, just say the DVD player won't play it. In fact, it shot it out as soon as you put it in.

I once had a friend who was curious about Macross, so I told him to buy Macross Plus on DVD and stay away from RT: TSC. He did the exact opposite and bought TSC. Since I hadn't seen it yet, I borrowed it. From that point, I wanted to punch him in the face.

Oh, no, I'm keeping it right next to my Codename Robotech, Sentinels, Shadow Chronicles, and Space Gundam V, on the shelf of shame.

a locked, lead lined shelf I hope.

I once had a friend who was curious about Macross, so I told him to buy Macross Plus on DVD and stay away from RT: TSC. He did the exact opposite and bought TSC. Since I hadn't seen it yet, I borrowed it. From that point, I wanted to punch him in the face.

:lol:

And Justly so!

If you hate ROBOTECH then don't bother reading this review.

I watched my copy last night.

If you have seen Mospeada LLA you know some of the new footage but the Robotech LLA is a very different film. Mospeada LLA is a concert tribute montage to the entire Mospeada show. Robotech LLA is a Tribute via a recap of the New Generation with some new footage and surprises and not nearly as much music.

Overall I give it a 7/10.

It is a great recap of the New Gen storyline through Lancers POV. The opening is really cool with the flashback to the 10th division drop and the 15th ATAC core retreating from the Invid Invasion. From there it goes into Lancer talking about his personal journey to Reflex Point. The people he meets and the encounters they have. The middle 45-60 minutes is all pretty much recap footage from the remastered New Gen with some Voice Over by Lancer. The last 15 minutes are most of the footage from Mospeada LLA with Lancer reuniting with his friends as they send Scott off. The very end is the surprise.

It is not without faults though. I myself having watched Mospeada LLA a few times knew all of that footage and I feel it could have been used just a bit better. There was not enough songs I feel. Maybe insert the concert footage with the Robotech versions of Lancers Songs in between the recaps.

Animation wise I feel the new battle footage was pretty good. The 10th division/15th Squad stuff is really cool. I hope they use that technique in any future movies like Shadow Rising. The new 2d character animation I feel was not as good and did not quite match the original Robotech/Mospeada LLA animation. It is close though but for vets you will be able to see it instantly.

I recommend it for the Robotech fans especially if you love the New Generation or if you are just a casual Robotech fan you may love it as a condensed version of the 3rd war to get you ready for Shadow Chronicles. It would have been nice to have the original Mospeada LLA on here too with sub-titles but maybe they will release that later.

Yeah, I bought copy to at Best Buy. It's crazy; I wasn't looking for it but I saw a single copy stuffed between some other DVD's. I had my doubts that HG could make a cogent storyline out of a concert film but they pulled it off. Yeah it had a few flaws; I would've love to see more of the concert stock footage but I get that they wanted to pump up the story. I really dug the surprise ending. The narrator was a nice touch; he really added a nice retro touch. The new animation was a bit jarring when added with the old but that was to be expected. Though the new battle scenes was animated nicely..

Wait, so they bastardized Love Live Alive too? They didn't just release it untouched? If they called it Robotech Love Live Alive, then I guess that actually makes a lot of sense.

They decided instead of a Concert tribute to New Gen to make a Recap movie from Lancers POV of New Gen and tie it up with some of the loose ends in the Robotech Universe. It is a very different video than the Mospeada LLA.

As much as I am a bit curious about this, having never seen the original, there is no way I will gamble my time on something put together by the same people that did Shadow Chronicles.

That was so bad I watched it once, then skimmed it again to see if it was as poor as my first impression, then gave it away to the first MWer to pm me.

I'm not a Robotech hater, but I am a Shadow Chronicles hater.

They decided instead of a Concert tribute to New Gen to make a Recap movie from Lancers POV of New Gen and tie it up with some of the loose ends in the Robotech Universe. It is a very different video than the Mospeada LLA.

I couldn't have said it better. It's not Mospeada Love, Live, Alive it's Robotech Love, Live, Alive. Yes RT utilized the original footage but a 30 min. music video was not going to be beneficial in HG's master plan. Yeah, I would like the concerts and the campfire scene to be a bit extended (there's a lot of LLA that's beautiful to look at) but over all I liked it.

I watched it twice and I can't find Admiral Hunter's voice over. Anybody know what scene?

Yeah I saw Tony Oliver credited but I did not hear any Admiral Hunter.

This is not like Shadow at all.

It is a recap movie of New Gen footage with about 5 minutes of new(commissioned by HG) Cel Shaded CGI mecha battle and then the 15 minutes or so the "new" Mospeada LLA footage.

No giant boobs here.

As much as I am a bit curious about this, having never seen the original, there is no way I will gamble my time on something put together by the same people that did Shadow Chronicles.

That was so bad I watched it once, then skimmed it again to see if it was as poor as my first impression, then gave it away to the first MWer to pm me.

I'm not a Robotech hater, but I am a Shadow Chronicles hater.

SOOOO glad I forgot to put this garbage in my basket at Wal*Mart this evening. $25 for a clip-show and yet ANOTHER copy of Shadow Chronicles? I'm fine with my first copy, thanks... <_<

So now what? Back to waiting for the Shadow Rising/Hollywood movie/Voltron crossover/tabletop kickstarter/plushies? Because in the end it looks like story wise nothing really happened in this feature and the real selling point is nostalgia factor and closure to the New Generation (which I thought Shadow Chronicles already did over 5 years ago). Also, HG trolled fans yet again with a Rick Hunter cameo.

It's a total bait and switch. Most of the running time consists of Robotech The New Generation episodes you've seen a million times already instead of the music videos in Mospeada. The following things are promised and not delivered as promised in RLLA:

• Love Live Alive (they didn't even use all of its animation)
  • new scenes of characters actually moving around and doing things for more than a few seconds
  • professional animation that looks better than a fan video
  • Dana (there are only still images of her face and her back with no dialogue)
  • Rick voiced by Rick Hunter (do they mean the episode with the old guys?)

The beginning before the clips start is actually pretty good. They might have actually had a movie if they kept going for another 15-20 minutes. I understand, as Tommy said last week, they couldn't get a deal with Michael Bradley to use his Lonely Soldier Boy album, but boring the audience with an hour of old episodes was such a bad idea, it's obvious they don't care if the viewer is actually entertained. Macek had nothing to do with this. He's dead. This was all Tommy. They seem to think the audience will be impressed simply by the fact that Tommy has Final Cut on his Mac.

Edited by Legioss

It's a total bait and switch. Most of the running time consists of Robotech The New Generation episodes you've seen a million times already instead of the music videos in Mospeada. The following things are promised and not delivered as promised in RLLA:

• Love Live Alive (they didn't even use all of its animation)
  • new scenes of characters actually moving around and doing things for more than a few seconds
  • professional animation that looks better than a fan video
  • Dana (there are only still images of her face and her back with no dialogue)
  • Rick voiced by Rick Hunter (do they mean the episode with the old guys?)

The beginning before the clips start is actually pretty good. They might have actually had a movie if they kept going for another 15-20 minutes. I understand, as Tommy said last week, they couldn't get a deal with Michael Bradley to use his Lonely Soldier Boy album, but boring the audience with an hour of old episodes was such a bad idea, it's obvious they don't care if the viewer is actually entertained. Macek had nothing to do with this. He's dead. This was all Tommy. They seem to think the audience will be impressed simply by the fact that Tommy has Final Cut on his Mac.

To be honest I really wasn't expecting more than the product we actually got. The original LLA was 30 min clip show with new animation with the purpose of saying goodbye to Mospeada. So HG extended the movie and added more dialogue and exposition.

It's a Side-Story people..Did you really believe they were going to use a large studio for a such a small project? I give RAGEX props for trying to make it as close as possible to the original source. Now with Shadow Rising we'll see if HG's willing to put up or shut up with their cash and make a decent anime film. Other side stories like Gundam 8th MS Team: Miller's Report only used clips and no new animation..

Dana's appearance wasn't still pictures although was very limited animation.

Didn't Macek wanted to adapt LLA into Robotech?

I would argue that Miller's Report is not a good comparison. Even though the movie reuses footage from the OVA and a PS2 game, it endeavors to move beyond the stereotypical Gundam plot and show the result of Shiro Amada's actions in the war. If the issue is all about reusing footage, then okay; however, people take issue with more than just the reused footage in Robotech.

But think about it, your argument is using a compilation movie released 11 years ago!

Simply, Robotech is not getting any better. And this is becoming old, but people keep throwing money in the wrong direction. Harmony Gold has yet to make a successful property with the brand. The company still relies heavily on the core Macross, Mospeada, and Sothern Cross licenses---the original shows! Yune has yet to give anyone any real hope that he understands what he is doing with that part of the business, which makes that fact that he still has a job mind boggling. Do fans really want to timewarp back to the 1980s with bland 1990s CGI? There is better anime out there. Gundam and Macross had better releases ten years ago! Alas, Macross got the short stick.

With regard to Maceck, what I saw of the SDCC Robotech panel on youtube implied that the company is trying to fulfill some of his final tasks or wishes for the show. I couldn't watch for very long to get specifics though. The whole thing seemed drab and canned, emotionally.

Edited by technoblue

Can you really blame people for being dissappointed, wolf? I thought whatever came after Shadow Chronicles was actually going to be their put up or shut up moment in recent times as a way to prove that yes, the franchise can stand on its own without relying on cues from 30 year old animation to tell their stories. And then this randomly took priority and somehow the it became Macek's swan song whether that's true or not. And now you want people to wait another couple of years for them to deliver on their promises yet again?

That sounds like the same, tired excuses fans have been using out of loyalty and nostalgia, and since 2007 or before at that.

Edited by Einherjar

About 3 minutes of new animation, took about what, 3 years to release? So lets say Shadow Rising is 75 minutes of new animation. Puts us at around 2088 for a release date. Fantastic! Mark your calenders boys and girls.

IIRC That article claims there was 15 mins of new footage,but I suspect they are counting the "restored" footage from Mospeada:LLA.

I think people have said there was something like 2 to 5 minutes of new footage, at most may be 10. One-person claimed that something like 90% was tv series footage.

I feel TRUE NEW footage "bit by bit" a few seconds; the total amount of the 2 to 3-minutes.

The rest of "FALSE new footage" is quotation from OVA music video titled "Genesis Climber MOSPEADA:Love,Live,Alive" was exclusively released in Japan in September 1985.

FAN girlish interviewer from "ROBOTECH:Love,Live,Alive".

Between the coverage of interview, she had graffiti to play the interview notes fan art of Lancer.

We stacked a number of heart mark around the Lancer drawn that note.

The notice to unscrupulous behavior of her camera-operator to shoot graffiti her to drawing.

Feeling embarrassed done it childish, in a hurry,she hides the graffiti and camera lens at herself right hand.

I'm surprised "Solugi-type INVID" that ability of the pregnant.

LANCER: Finally,just the two of us.

SERA: No, the three of us...

Hope it's not a baby slug Or would that be eggs?

Ha! She gonna lay an egg?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platypus

post-1627-0-16046100-1375443611_thumb.jpg

post-1627-0-03143700-1375443650_thumb.jpg

post-1627-0-54969400-1375443683_thumb.jpg

post-1627-0-83716400-1375443712_thumb.jpg

post-1627-0-70912500-1375443736_thumb.jpg

post-1627-0-86804400-1375445337_thumb.jpg

post-1627-0-30711700-1375445361_thumb.jpg

Edited by yui1107