Robotech - Love Live Alive + Shadow Chronicles 2-movie set

Prowl, Sideswipe, Swoop, Bombshell, & Scrapper -Michael Bell

Optimus Prime, Ironhide- Peter Cullen

Motormaster, Cyclonus- Roger C. Carmel

Megatron, Trailbreaker- Frank Welker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Transformers_characters#Constructicons

Might want to re-read what I said there, chief. :)

Might want to re-read what I said there, chief. :)

When you heard Prowl he didn't just sound little like Sideswipe to you or even Optimus and Ironhide? Yeah the same actor was used for both parts but I could tell way back they were the same guy.. Better yet Susan Blu who did Arcee also did Marissa Fairborne and other female voices and they sounded alike..

So you else thinks the 5 star rating on Amazon came from Harmony Gold?

The biggest ban boy in the world can't give a review on an unreleased DVD.

There is only one review so far... It will probably stay up there because fans will flood the reviews. Usually only nuts-o fans write reviews of anything anyway. The book I wrote has 5 stars with 10 reviews, but thats only because there are some people who got seriously excited about what I had to say. No Macross fans are going to dump on it... I'd like to think we have better things to do. Ripping on it here is probably enough.

There is only one review so far...

This title will be released on July 23, 2013.

I'd be wary of any review up there with a month before the release date.

What the hell? Wow, they got Lion Gate involved in this too? Watched Shadow Chronicles and my jaw dropped at how terrible it was, I was expecting crap, but it was crap on a whole other level. Sad thing was that the RT fans slurped it up. I'm going to watch LLA expecting absolute crap just so I'm not shocked. Those Alphas and Betas don't make for very cool-looking mecha action IMO, looks rather bland.

I don't like M7 (except Dynamite...), but I saw because for the canon^^

You're a better fan than I :D

I feel bad for Robotech fans. You guys should be nicer.

..but they really should let it die.

Like the Negotiator, Duke Togo and Azrael said, because it just became a cycle of incessant arguing.

Think about it, the show has been dead for three decades with nothing new coming out except whatever d*ck move HG made to further stifle the Macross brand recently. Nothing constructive can ever come from that. I would concede that it was a good place to let off steam regarding the whole licensing situation, but at the end of the day there was nothing productive.

the old ROBOTECH thread was still a fun little place to blow off steam and have some laffs at HG's expense, i miss it dearly, myself.

sure, that thread was indeed circular and repetitive, it was ZEN, dammit!!

further, i never see or hear from member "Seito Kaiba" anymore since the closure of our Romper Room of RepetitionTM :( and he could really be a gas!! :p

Edited by Shaorin

It takes them SO long to produce one 90 min thing... They should probably just take some other anime and dub it with alternate dialogue to stitch another show into the story. I'm sure they could make the plot seamless.

You mean like this?

Holy crap that looks awesome! Why can the Chinese animate mecha action better than whoever made SC? LOL! I saw a vid with the Chinese rendition of Lion, made the similarities all the more apparent. Uber bad!

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been killed yet. :p

I'm also surprised Harmony Gold managed to get anything off the ground, though it's impossible to forget that it took them *this* long to make something that's mostly old footage. It's painful to watch the company and fans in this sparse n' masochistic relationship, while it tries to imitate a successful multimedia franchise. It'd be better for Robotech to be nuked, but you all knew that already, didn't you?

Everyone trying to decide which story elements are goofier...I'm going to give you this one. They're all goofy.

As a lot of people know about me, I've been curious for a while which studios were going to be responsible for the new animation for LLA. If IMDB is accurate, at least info is starting to become public about this aspect.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2906190/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm#cast

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2906190/companycredits?ref_=tt_dt_co

At least one of them is Big Star Enterprise, who previously worked on the Dante's Inferno anime and Tales of the Black Freighter full length feature from Watchman. It looks like they do in-between animation in the same vain as DR Movie.

• 4 weeks later...

What the hell? Wow, they got Lion Gate involved in this too? Watched Shadow Chronicles and my jaw dropped at how terrible it was, I was expecting crap, but it was crap on a whole other level. Sad thing was that the RT fans slurped it up. I'm going to watch LLA expecting absolute crap just so I'm not shocked. Those Alphas and Betas don't make for very cool-looking mecha action IMO, looks rather bland.

I think I managed to sit through the first 10 minutes of Shadow Chronicles a couple of years ago, but couldn't take it anymore and gave up.

Perhaps one day when I'm feeling especially masochistic I should give it another try.

Graham

Macekre confirmed.

BS overload.

"How did you make sure the old and new footage flowed together?"

"Well, that's our job!"

"I know, but I mean visually!"

"Oh. Well, that's the animators' job."

Jeeez.

BS overload.

"How did you make sure the old and new footage flowed together?"

"Well, that's our job!"

"I know, but I mean visually!"

"Oh. Well, that's the animators' job."

Jeeez.

"Our job is just to sit here" would have been his last sentence in the Perfect Edition of the interview.

Alright, figured I'd take one for the team and pick this up.

Thd good:

- NOTHING!!

The terrible:

- The trailer interview animation is looped MANY times with "new" dialogue. Hannah Barbera never re-usex animation this much.

- The dialogue I could bare to sit though was god awful.

- The "new" animation is less than 3 minutes, and that's being generous.

- The LLA montages have been thrown out.

- The bulk of the runtime consists of Yune's own spliced and Clark narrated montages.

- The credits lead into a next ep preview of shadow chronicles, despite the dub of the camp scene taking place after.

The only used LLA footage was the camp scene, Yellow interview in his trailer, last concert, and return to his cabin.

Edited by Keith