Robotech - Love Live Alive + Shadow Chronicles 2-movie set

It was closed because members here used the thread to childishly and continually fling personal insults at those involved with the Robotech franchise.

I prefer to say, "All the Above".

I'm sure HG will promote this at AX2013. They're scheduled 1st thing on the last day (Sunday). Ya know, the day after Masquerade and when all the dealers are trying to get rid of their stuff.

I'm under the impression that it caused the same tired arguments and if it's not there, maybe RT will just go away... One can dream.

I only posted this because I know some people like robotech and it was bound to be posted anyway.

true.

But we've already had threads about LLA already.

Sentinels was Art 3... :p Art 2 was almost all fan art. Man I loved those books when I was little. Then I saw the Perfect Memory book and my jaw dropped and actually kinda pissed me off how lacking those art books were. One Perfect memory book blew all three of the RT Art books away... Seeing the Gold Book all sealed up at the Shrine Auditorium was such a huge mystery for me. For years I wondered what was in that damn thing. And I tell you, I still open it today and it doesn't disappoint.

What's wrong with space tentacles? Gargantia rules.

Thanks, I knew it was a follow on book. Completely, forgot about the fan art book. Talk about repressing bad memorizes.

Question:

Why is there not dedicated Robotech thread where all things Robotech can be posted?

Like the Negotiator, Duke Togo and Azrael said, because it just became a cycle of incessant arguing.

Think about it, the show has been dead for three decades with nothing new coming out except whatever d*ck move HG made to further stifle the Macross brand recently. Nothing constructive can ever come from that. I would concede that it was a good place to let off steam regarding the whole licensing situation, but at the end of the day there was nothing productive.

What about MOSPEADA fans?

MOSPEADA IS BACK... by proxy!

Sorry DarrinG. Like I said in the Mospeada thread, there's still an interest in the show, but just not in the way people want it to be treated.

Edited by Einherjar

:blink:

It all makes sense now. The hypnotized fandom, the soulless marketing, the PURE EVIL. This explains so much.

OK, OK.. I kid, I kid. But seriously, that is a huge coincidence! :D

Edited by Renato

lol Sentinals talk...sadly I own the film aswell. Its..wierd.

I own Shadow Chronicles too.. :X...damn my impluse buying...its a curse i tells ye.

I'll probably watch this too..just 'cuz.

I am aware i torture myself.

somones gotta take one for the team.

Edited by Vepariga

MOSPEADA IS BACK... by proxy!

Sorry DarrinG. Like I said in the Mospeada thread, there's still an interest in the show, but just not in the way people want it to be treated.

Please post this pick whenever 'Mospeada is BACK' is stated... it gives it punch...

post-8486-0-80857300-1371821647_thumb.jpg

Macross7 fans didn't seem to mind the Space Whales, Space Tenticle-sex Monsters, and the Pink Penis squadron... REALLY

It's probably one of those things you wish you could unwatch, like M7.

Meh, I'll watch it. I had always wondered about a follow-up to the first one. If I could give M7 a shot (which I couldn't even get through 5 episodes of despite being tied to a chair Clockwork Orange style) then anything gets a chance, IMO...

I think Robotech fans want to know what happened to the Characters they grew up with, Not really understanding that Macross is kind of a done deal, and a foundation that was never meant to branch out.

I think it was in poor taste to include Max and Co. in plus, or whatever it was. But what can you do.

Meh, I'll watch it. I had always wondered about a follow-up to the first one. If I could give M7 a shot (which I couldn't even get through 5 episodes of despite being tied to a chair Clockwork Orange style) then anything gets a chance, IMO...

As I understand, it's not really a follow-up to SC. Not in that sense at least. This is suppose to show how Lancer/Yellow Dancer came to Earth during the 1st operation to retake Earth and some of the aftermath of the Invid (Think Mospeada's LLA with some Yun-footage crammed in there).

Here's the RT homepage spread: http://www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=488

Hummm...

Feature Running Time:

Love Live Alive - 90 minutes

The Shadow Chronicles - 88 minutes

DVD Format:

Love Live Alive - 4x3 Full Frame (1.33:1)

The Shadow Chronicles -16x9 Widescreen (1.78:1)

So there's an extra 40 minutes of stuff into RT's version of LLA.

As I understand, it's not really a follow-up to SC. Not in that sense at least. This is suppose to show how Lancer/Yellow Dancer came to Earth during the 1st operation to retake Earth and some of the aftermath of the Invid (Think Mospeada's LLA with some Yun-footage crammed in there).

Here's the RT homepage spread: http://www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=488

Hummm...

So there's an extra 40 minutes of stuff into RT's version of LLA.

That's odd. Why not just get on with their little story...

Hope they come out of with some new mecha instead of just reusing the Legioss and Tread design. Even Macross has moved on beyond VF-1 a long time ago.

That seems like an ill-placed hope since LLA is a bit of a prequel (from the look of it) that recaps Yellow's arrival on Earth. The "New" mecha is the non-transformable fighter Yellow crashed to Earth in and was shown briefly in Mospeada and looks a bit like a VF-4.

Hope they come out of with some new mecha instead of just reusing the Legioss and Tread design. Even Macross has moved on beyond VF-1 a long time ago.

... The "New" mecha is the non-transformable fighter Yellow crashed to Earth in and was shown briefly in Mospeada and looks a bit like a VF-4.

jenius means this thing: http://www.robotech.com/infopedia/mecha/viewmecha.php?id=64

That's odd. Why not just get on with their little story...

Tommy Yune has said LLA was the last production Carl Macek had been planning for some time for the franchise before his death, and he and co. were following through with it as a final tribute. However, I don't think any of that is actually true. They might be stalling because of money/production problems and maybe from that supposed leaked Shadow Rising script debacle that happened a couple of years ago.

They are DEFINITELY stalling. They used to be frank about this at the cons. To paraphrase: "We're waiting to see if a live action movie will make Robotech popular again because then we could afford a much different Shadow Rising from what you'd get otherwise."

Tommy Yune has said LLA was the last production Carl Macek had been planning for some time for the franchise before his death, and he and co. were following through with it as a final tribute. However, I don't think any of that is actually true. They might be stalling because of money/production problems and maybe from that supposed leaked Shadow Rising script debacle that happened a couple of years ago.

Is the leaked script anywhere on the web? Would be interesting to know what was stated...

Generation 1? Every single one, plus the movie. I don't recall one VA doing the same exact voice for two characters at the same time.

Prowl, Sideswipe, Swoop, Bombshell, & Scrapper -Michael Bell

Optimus Prime, Ironhide- Peter Cullen

Motormaster, Cyclonus- Roger C. Carmel

Megatron, Trailbreaker- Frank Welker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Transformers_characters#Constructicons

Edited by terry the lone wolf