• 2 weeks later...

Ok, is that a Shenlong/Altron modified, or some other draconic Gundam?

It's Dragon Gundam from G Gundam. Whether it's a kit bash or straight build is unknown. I don't recall it having a pole-arm primary weapon, only lots of beam sabers.

It's Dragon Gundam from G Gundam. Whether it's a kit bash or straight build is unknown. I don't recall it having a pole-arm primary weapon, only lots of beam sabers.

Dragon Gundam has the Feilong Flags, which can combine into a long staff or nunchucks.

Dragon Gundam has the Feilong Flags, which can combine into a long staff or nunchucks.

Yep, IIRC, Dragon gundam used tons of beam "flags" that also acted as pseudo javelins. I don't think it ever uses a beam saber.

Glad they're bringing G gundam into the mix, some of my favorite designs cine from that show (and I'd love to see them animated in HD out of pure nostalgia)

Ok, because honestly the weapon/pose was what was really screaming "Shenlong" to me the most---I knew there was a dragon-themed Gundam in G-Gundam, but didn't recall such a "Wu Fei" fighting style.

• 2 weeks later...

The Season 2 title has been announced: Gundam Build Fighters Try (ガンダムビルドファイターズトライ)

P2190081.jpg

It appears that this season will take place seven years after the last episode. The main character is Sekai Kamiki, who pilots the Build Burning Gundam, which is based on a G Gundam design. He is joined by Yuma Kousaka, China-chan's younger brother who had a very brief appearance in Season 1. His Gunpla is the Lightning Gundam, which appears to be Zeta- or AGE-2-based. The leading lady is Fumina Hoshino, who pilots the SD Gunpla Winning Gundam.

The new HG Build Fighters kits hit stores this October.

HG Build Fighters Registry

Edited by areaseven

I'm confused by the info versus the image - the tousled redhead in the middle isn't Reiji? He presumably could handle any time-skip due to his alternate dimensional nature, but I admit that kid looks even younger than Reiji as we knew him.

Kinda bummed that the new show won't focus on the characters we came to know in Season 1, but I'm sure there will be cameos. I thought maybe the older China that was shown in April might be related to the new series, but she certainly didn't look TEN YEARS older. That's a lot of time!

My wife is petty cross that they gave the female lead an SD gunpla. I can't say I disagree. China's Beargguy was cutesy too, of course, and Carolyn had an SD, but they weren't main fighting characters. Aila was the real fighter and there was nothing cute about her two gunpla.

Maybe it's just me, but I always felt like Exia is perhaps the most feminine looking gundam without being overtly designed to look cutesy ore like a girl. A lot of the kits don't really capture it which is super disappointing to me, but going by the animation, (and even more so the Metal build toy) it has a prominent wasp waist, wide hips, filled out thighs and tapered legs that end in small feet.

What does petty cross mean? :huh:

Wait, was that a serious question?

Looks okay, I do gotta say I am bummed too that we won't be going back to the original characters....but same was thought with Destiny and looked what happened?

Haha, "pretty cross," I mean. As in, annoyed. She looked looked at the promotional art and said, "SD for a main character? Oh, of course, it's the girl.<Grrr>."

Not like I expect GBF to be super-progressive, but it had some pretty solid female characters in season 1. China was the cutesy blushing type, sure, but she had backbone when it counted, and she made her artsy side into an advantage to herself and an inspiration to Sei. Aila was just an ass-kicker, and I can forgive her stereotypical tsundere moments because the show had Reiji act virtually the same way. Even Kirara, who initially pissed me off because I thought they were playing the "fake gamer girl" card, turned into a solid character as the show progressed.

Ok, so maybe we're over-reacting to one promotional image, but my wife and I enjoy a lot of anime together and GBF was a recent favorite. A female lead in season two is exciting, but I just hope they don't treat her dismissively, which an SD gundam sort of implies.

• 2 weeks later...

Props to my wife for picking up on this detail:

In Build Fighters, Sei was 13 years old. China was presumably the same age, as they are classmates. So, six years later they are 19. Isn't the age of majority in Japan 20? What are these two kids doing living in Paris together? Is Rinko around someplace?

Scandalous!

Wikipedia agrees with 20 for Japan.

But I'm just kidding around. The teaser doesn't say Sei and China are living together - Sei sounds like he could be calling from outside her door (like, maybe they have hotel rooms near one another). Sei still calls her "class rep," which isn't exactly intimate. And Rinko could be right around the corner, anyhow (probably still trying her best to get them together). I just think it's funny to imagine them travelling the world together while still technically kids.

• 4 weeks later...

Wikipedia agrees with 20 for Japan.

But I'm just kidding around. The teaser doesn't say Sei and China are living together - Sei sounds like he could be calling from outside her door (like, maybe they have hotel rooms near one another). Sei still calls her "class rep," which isn't exactly intimate. And Rinko could be right around the corner, anyhow (probably still trying her best to get them together). I just think it's funny to imagine them travelling the world together while still technically kids.

China does say, "stop calling me 'class rep'", to which Sei apologizes. Plus, it's technically possible for them to be 20 since you can be two different ages in the same year, depending on how precise you want the six years to be.