Man the end of that episode felt like a cop out, and fairly hypocritial as well considering how many characters have used overpowered weapons, cheap tactics, and secret weapons to win their matches.

To be honest I really enjoyed how the twins in an fairly inferior suit proved to be up to the task by using tactics to control and almost win the fight. Mejin got lucky to survive that fight, and I doubt the main characters were smart enough or skilled to beat the twins had they been in his position.

Some theories I cooked up.

19: The fight with Nils

20: Prelude to fight with Aila

21: Aila's past and maybe some of the fight

22: Aila's conclusion

23: The fight with Kawaguchi

24 & 25: Chairman antics, the reveal of Arian, secrets of Plavsky, things come full circle

OR...

22: the fight with Aila

23: fight concludes and then prelude to Kawaguchi

24: The fight concludes, Sei and Reiji are the champions

25: Secrets revealed, Conclusion

OR...

22: The fight with Aila

23: The championship with Kawaguchi begins but there are Baker machinations.

24: In true G Gundam style, other fighters like Luang,Aila, Fellini and Mao are hacked into the battle by Mr. Ral and form a Gundam Team to combat the Miss Sazabi and Exia Dark Matter and the other shadow Gunpla.

25: In the aftermath, SBS and Kampfer A have their true duel. SBS wins, et cetera, twist ending: Reiji invites Sei, China and Aila to come see Arian and we get a glimpse... but just a glimpse. ;)

My predictions for the ending.

-Sei and Reiji won't win the championship.

-The kampfer will either be replaced with a better MS or have some super secret move that can only be used in the final battle.

-Reiji takes Aila back to Arian.

-They use the loss as a set up for either the next season or movie.

Also I kinda hope we don't get too caught up in Aila's past. Just do the same thing they did with Fellini, throw a 30 second "this is how I got here montage" in the middle of the battle.

For once...

...why can't someone use the head guns, i.e., bullets? They make great distractions, close-range weapons, etc. It's always beam weapons, hand-hand combat but I never see olde fashion guns used effectively. There were a few instances vs Sengoku Astray that I was thinking, "Get in close and use the head guns."

I feel the whole tournament (and behind-the-scenes PPSE scenes) are starting to "go on too long". I liked the pre-tournament stuff better I think. The 'race' episode seemed really pointless. Could have condensed the tournament a bit, and probably expanded more on "Reiji's new to the area/culture/planet".

Hikuro.

I didn't miss anything, the show is just a Gundam version of Danball Senki.

The kits are getting more and more modular in order to get more mix/match designs.

Rather than using new designs done by pro's they do it on the cheap.

Only Gundam in name truly.

Said that some of the 'Thunderbolt' designs look good.

The point of the series is that you can do anything to make your own special gunpla, be it a gundam or something else. These are all mostly kids or young adults who aspire to be great model builders and put their figures to the test. That's what BF is establishing in some way. Why do we gotta have "professional" mechanical designs for a show clearly aimed at children to buy plastic model kits? :huh:

This show seems plenty Gundam to me. That's cause I can sit back and enjoy it for the fun nods to all the the original series while enjoying the fun battles. I can understand why a die hard fan would take one look at this series and call it a sellout but if you take some time to appreciate it, build fighters is probably the best Gundam show made in a long time.

I doubt a Macross version of build fighters (Arcadia/Hasegawa Fighters?) would ever get made but if it was I'd support it.

Would you say the same if a Macross version was made?

Some like me still remember watching original Gundam real time.

Uh, Macross the Ride?

I mean yeah I get what you mean, but this is not going to be one of those kind of shows, and it was pretty obvious when the hero mech concept work was shown and it was just a rehashed Strike Gundam.

actually the "hero robot" has always existed in Gundam. the RX-78-2 was the main focus of the whole Gundam 0079 series, Amuro was the only one with that specific Gundam, and in each series, there's been a variation of the Gundam design served as the hero robot. in some cases there's a blur if you take Gundam Wing for example, originally the hero robot was the wing, then it moved to the zero, but in all each Gundam served a specific purpose making them all the hero.

G Gundam obviously the hero was the Shining then the God Gundam.

Zeta gundam, at first it was the MK-II then it obviously moved to Zeta, Double Zeta and so forth.

so in terms of Real Robot Concept, we're given the fact that you don't need voice activation or super transformations of ridiculous skyscraper proportions. We're given a more realistic approach that the robots serve a specific purpose moving from construction of colonies to warfare.

Here in Build fighers, it serves a similar styling as to G Gundam in most ways. They fight, and fight and continue to fight until one of them proves to be the number 1 fighter. BUT, we're gonna market the crap out of different mobile suit designs, and we're gonna have all these really stupid accessories that kids are gonna wanna buy. We'll make Master Grades for the older crowd cause they'll like that, but let's use our 1/144 product so ANYONE can buy Gunpla and make it more affordable and cheaper to produce.

I just bought a Star Build strike and as I was putting it together I was scratching my head going "Wait.....why didn't they offer at least stickers for the entire shield?! Wait....Why not just make them all seperate layered pieces to avoid now stickering AND painting?!" The bloody shield is practically stickers and paint! So if anything, it reminded me why i don't buy 1/144's unless they're Real Grade variants.

And if you wanna get technical about designs, I think they actually asked for fans to design Gundams that would be showcased in some way, i think that was stated a page or two back during Maoh's battle with Sei and Reiji.

Uh, Macross the Ride?

Beat me to it.

Gundam introduced the Real Robot concept and did away with the Super/Hero Robot concept.

If memory serves, Gundam was the middle of the Golden triangle of anime that shifted things toward reality:

Yamato: realistically drawn ships (in short, perspective drawings)

Gundam: 3D space combat

Macross: mass production (the 'real robot' concept). Not only the hero, but all of the war machines used by both sides are mass produced).