That Zaku Amazing is teh sex. I'm so getting one.

Pistols? Blades? Awesome sauce.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/HG-1-144-ザクアメイジング-ガンダムビルドファイターズ/dp/B00E3JH52K

EDIT: correction: revolvers. Yeah, throw some Patlabour spice on the mix.

Edited by sketchley

I'm interested in seeing what kinds of custom-kits they roll out for this show. What would have been nice they opened up the show to some fan-made customs. As in have a contest where fans can submit and vote for their favorite fan-custom and have it appear in the show either as a cameo or something.

Had a lot of fun with this. It might not be gundam unicorn, but man, watching classics face off really gives value to this show.

This is what gundam age should have been to appease kids and sell merchandise while keeping old fans relatively happy

Apparently they even got Ral's original seiyuu to do the voice work. Huzzah!

And Kotono Mitsuishi acts the other Gundam character again. Sei's Mother's VA was that of Murrue Ramius in Seed. Well, she is known as Misato Katsuragi and Sailor Moon better.

Edited by antibiotictab

After watching episode 1 again, I have a few questions:

1. I somehow found it odd that the kid and his dad were not familiar with Wing Gundam. Is this supposed to imply that Gundam Wing was not very popular in Japan?

2. Is Reiji even a real person? I suspect a plot swerve similar to Fight Club here.

1. Gundam Wing originally aired 18 1/2 years ago. I would not be at all surprised that casual fans might not recognize it at first glance.

2. I don't think we really need to tag stuff about Reiji yet, as it's still unknown what he is and everything is complete speculation at this point. So I have a few theories--

a. He's this AU's version of a Newtype. A bit tenuous given his mention of this "Arian" place, which might mean he's either...

b. A supernatural/extradimensional being. This would be quite different for Gundam but really, is it any more unusual than a giant nanotech monster that creates Gundam snakes, zombies and whatnot? :)

c. He's an alien. I mean, why not? We've already had them in Gundam 00.

Oh and one other thing that amused me about this episode: Take a look at this display case from Sei's shop.

post-14071-0-76795800-1381481007_thumb.png

Notice anything? How about the fact that it ends with the Exia? No AGE suits. heh heh heh...

Perhaps Age simply hasn't aired yet in that universe.

Hopefully AGE doesn't EXIST in that universe.

Anyway, we now have episode 2. Huzzah!

Also, some screenshots and commentary on the first two episodes.

http://whitephoenix06.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-new-gundam-series-is-here-build.html

http://whitephoenix06.blogspot.com/2013/10/gundam-build-fighters-episode-2gundam.html

For those who can read Japanese, what was the email Sei's mom was sending?

Also, the HG Build Strike Gundam Full Package is a vast improvement over the old HG Strike. Don't really mind the sheer number of stickers, as I can simply paint those panels.

And after seeing this in action, I gotta have it.

Edited by areaseven

Well In a move that absolutely floored me, Sunrise has made Build Fighters available here in North America on Gundam.info's Youtube.

Convenient! I remember when I had to work to get subtitled anime...

Hopefully AGE doesn't EXIST in that universe.

Ok, seriously, what's with all the AGE hate? Granted, I've only seen the first arc, but it was miles better than SEED, SEED Destiny, or 00.

Ok, seriously, what's with all the AGE hate? Granted, I've only seen the first arc, but it was miles better than SEED, SEED Destiny, or 00.

AGE suffered from doing too much in too little time. It started out fairly standard, got better toward the end of the 1st arc, then nose-dived at the beginning of the 2nd arc, got really good toward the end of the 2nd arc, then slowly sunk when when we got to the 3rd arc. The only redeeming quality of the 3rd arc were the 2 main characters from the 2nd arc. Cramming that much story into 50 episodes was quite a lot to swallow in a short time. Characters didn't have time to develop because of the crammed story. SEED, SEED Destiny, or 00 don't suffer anything nearly as bad character development or rushed story as AGE. If AGE was expanded out more, it would have done a lot better.

Back to Build, I hope they give some love to other MSs like the Sumo. How about some a Nightingale custom..... :wub:

The problem with AGE was IMO almost everything... Moronic plot... Actually has a Dues ex Machina Machine, Dumb characters, dumb backstory on why the bad guys are bad and why they have Super tech... Honestly it might be worth watching if just to see the perfect way to ruin a series. So yes much worse the G-gundam (which I love) and the Seed shows.

As for this new show... well G-Gundam turned out amazing despite have a meh first half. So I'll keep watching.

So yes much worse the G-gundam (which I love) and the Seed shows.

I like G Gundam, too. I'm apparently one of the few people who liked Gundam X. Start with a red, white, and blue robot with a samurai-inspired face, and my natural inclination is to like it. It's just my nature.

And honestly, while it's nowhere near my favorite, so far I like AGE. Granted, it could totally fall apart on me and tank big time in the second half, but 20-ish episodes in and my biggest gripes are the year gap between the episode where Asemu and Zeheart become friends and the the next episode, where they're graduating high school, and the fact that they had to go turn Zeheart into the mask-wearing Char wannabe cliche. So, so far anyway, it's nowhere near as bad as the SEED shows, which were just atrocious on pretty much every level.

For me Gundam Build Fighters is the best Gundam TV series of 21st century. It's not easy U.C. rip-off like Gundam Seed, Gundam 00 or Age. Series haven't Federation-Colony conflicts, emo kids etc. I like geeky characters, opening (Seed OP reference at the beginning) and original plot.

I created infographic because these relations intrigue me.

build-fighters-parents.jpg?w=600

So is that a love triangle I smell brewing between Reiji, Sei and Sazaki? Poor Sazaki doesn't stand a chance.

Edit: Second episode was awesome! Love how tongue-in-cheek this show is. When the old guy showed up and explained how gunpla battling works I fully expected China to be like "but I knew all that already." But her "uh, who the hell is this guy?" reaction was just as funny. And Sei's reaction at the end was PERFECT.

Reiji's techniques are pretty cool. Like the move he pulled with the beam saber during the second half of the battle. Definitely gonna be following this series til the end. Reminds me of a modern take on G Gundam.

I'm guessing for the final battle Sei and Reiji will merge into one super pilot named Seiji. Avatar style.

But what's with all the 00 hate in this thread?

Speaking of 00, I'd definitely use Exia as a base for my build fighter

Has anyone figured out which character will be using the Build Gundam Mk. II?

Looks like

the chick with the glasses, China. Judging by the OP at least

Edited by Raptor One