Latest completed kit- VF-1A Gerwalk

Jefuemon

Newest build completed! A 1/72 scale VF-1A Valkyrie, in Gerwalk configuration. This is an old Imai kit, so I did a few modifications, alterations, and additions.

post-12411-0-10028800-1369540978_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-83727600-1369540987_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-45890000-1369540997_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-17594300-1369541009_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-78412200-1369540967_thumb.jpg

As always, you can see more here.

Pretty awesome... what are some of the modifications you made?

Did all recessed verniers. Replaced the original "fists-of-ham" with 80's Power Hands (small). Replaced the original mini-pilot with a Studio Starforge one. Oh, and I added some Wave (or was it Kotobukiya?) burner nozzles to the backpack.

I also did some minor scratch-building (backpack intake, main intake covers, various small bits to hide the inner wing exposed areas).

As this was an old kit, this was a pretty good testbed for doing all those things. If I screwed up, at least I wasn't trashing one of my Hasegawa's! And, now I'm confident enough to do some of the sames mods on the next Hasegawa I build.

Edited by Jefuemon

Did all recessed verniers. Replaced the original "fists-of-ham" with 80's Power Hands (small). Replaced the original mini-pilot with a Studio Starforge one. Oh, and I added some Wave (or was it Kotobukiya?) burner nozzles to the backpack.

I also did some minor scratch-building (backpack intake, main intake covers, various small bits to hide the inner wing exposed areas).

As this was an old kit, this was a pretty good testbed for doing all those things. If I screwed up, at least I wasn't trashing one of my Hasegawa's! And, now I'm confident enough to do some of the sames mods on the next Hasegawa I build.

I like it... besides the lack of some panel lines you can't tell its not hasegawa. Reason why I ask is that I'm considering a small diorama with aspartan and a CF Valk. I was originally considering a Battroid but your Gerwalk looks awesome.

Really nice work. And good photography! I could tell it was the old kit from the thumbnail immediately.

Dat Nose.

Yep. I saw on-line a tutorial on how to give it a nose-lift a long while back, but I didn't feel like getting that involved in this build.

Nice clean finish, I've got a battroid waiting for attention. What color did you use for the tan?

modelglue

I had some left over Gundam browns (light and dark, from a Desert Dom paint set), mixed them together, then added some yellow to get the shade that I liked.

One thing I don't understand. I don't build Gundam kits, so why do I have about 10 different shades of Gundam grays in my paint inventory??

• 1 month later...

One thing I don't understand. I don't build Gundam kits, so why do I have about 10 different shades of Gundam grays in my paint inventory??

...happens to the best of us... I've got a bunch of various paints that I found on racks and thought "oh, this would look cool on this hypothetical project!" :mellow: And then never used them.

I've got a Bandai 1J battroid on the go which I want to do in a 'custom' CF scheme which will basically make it look like it belongs on team destroid. This would be a nice color to use.

I'll save the 'fancy' schemes for my eventual Hasegawa Battroids.

Nice work again.