Mari Iijima - whta does she think of Minmay now?

Saruta

Seeing as the Forum has people very knowledgeable in a variety of all things Macross-related, perhaps someone is acquainted with the present views of Mari Iijima?

Macross was her big break. But how does she see it at present? Does she still value being associated with Minmay, or did the worse side of the anime fandom put her off? I read somewhere of an incident when people on an anime convention refused to listen to her non-Macross songs.

Some of her later work (of what I listened to, notably "Survivor") seems to fit a "Minmay later in life" narrative surprisingly well, though probably not intentionally. And when I watched her recent live footage I could not help thinking that Minmay at 40+ would look and sing exactly like that (presuming the SDF-2 survives and Minmay does live to that age). There is also a rather strange parallel of "what happens to an idol after her Big Break ends" (Minmay leaving on the SDF-2, Mari Iijima going to America). But I wonder if this kind of analysis is actually disrespectful to Mari Iijima.

As I understand, the initial likeness of the real and animated singer was intentional in proven canon (at least they used a lot of her own songs). But the question is whether she still enjoys it - or repudiates it - or anything in between.