Misa Hayase: White Reminiscences

Gubaba

It'll be a couple of day before I can read the last chapters, but I just wanted to say Thank You Gubaba. We really appreciate the time you take to give the Western Macross fandom access to this rare material.

"She takes the chequered flag!"

For those curious about Misa's childhood decade, better mind you, I share her same birth year (despite that I'm being 2 months younger)

Finally, a recap on Misa's early lives, a stable family until Takiko's demise on 18th May 1997 during her Piano recital. I have no idea what kind of flu she got in which she fell instantly ill during her performance, before being pronounced dead in a matter of hours. 6 Years later, Riber Van Furhling, her first love (Precursor to Hikaru Ichigo), died in the battle for Mars (Anti-Unification armies, or initial reports of a Zentradi attack?). Add another 6 years, and we have a hattrick of her personal tragedies, culminating with the death of her father, Takachi Hayase, during the Alaska base attack, thus expanding her personal void at a life-threatening pace, on which no matter filled it is (On the company of Hikaru Ichigo, Claudia LaSalle, Bruno J. Global, Shammy Millone, Kim Karinov, Vanessa Laird), put the blame on her post-traumatic monophobia!

This has nothing to do with the novel... still, I stand in awe of your ability to misspell nearly every cast member's name.

To everyone else, it was my pleasure. :D

Gubaba, as I said. According to the chronicles scattered around the net: Her mother's demise, a faulty liver. Riber's tragedy, blame the Anti-Unification forces. And her father's death...yes you guessed it, Zentradis givin a woop *BLEEP!* on the Alaska base

Can you PLEASE just read the book? It took me three years to translate, it'll take you an hour or two to read. And then you might stop posting nonsense in my thread.

Great job Gubaba. I think your translation brought out the mood of the novel pretty well. This is a must read for SDFM fans. I loved mikimotos artwork as well.

And I retract my previous statement about Minmay's appearance in the novel. I now love it cuz it led to the wonderful Mikimoto illustration of little Minmay.

Misa had a hard teenager period, this made me glad to see what happened in SDFM.

Can you PLEASE just read the book? It took me three years to translate, it'll take you an hour or two to read. And then you might stop posting nonsense in my thread.

Who you talking to? No one there...

I'm going back to my SPAM musubi...

Who you talking to? No one there...

I'm going back to my SPAM musubi...

Sorry, silly me... just talkin' to myself, I guess. My apologies.

Great job Gubaba. I think your translation brought out the mood of the novel pretty well. This is a must read for SDFM fans. I loved mikimotos artwork as well.

And I retract my previous statement about Minmay's appearance in the novel. I now love it cuz it led to the wonderful Mikimoto illustration of little Minmay.

Yeah, the pic is wonderful, isn't it?

This is just amazing, man. I've done some random manga scanlation work but to do a whole novel, that's on a completely different level. Just reading the first part of it, I can already tell you did an amazing job not only translating but translating into readable text, which is even harder with full-novel translations. You, sir, are a gentleman and a hero, and I salute you as I read this.

THANK YOU

Sweet holy crap this is a nice translation and compilation. Thanks again, Gubaba!

Question, though - what do you hate so much about the last line? Just too corny? Heck, the line BEFORE that bothered me, the very forced mention of "another man."

The only things I dislike about the story itself are the occasional mentionings of events that happen in the Macross series (IE "the earth would eventually be scorched, but not for another two years" or whatever). I kinda wanted to use this story as an introduction/prequel to Macross to get my wife interested in watching the show with me, but some of those references give away some fairly big plot points.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet holy crap this is a nice translation and compilation. Thanks again, Gubaba!

Question, though - what do you hate so much about the last line? Just too corny? Heck, the line BEFORE that bothered me, the very forced mention of "another man."

The only things I dislike about the story itself are the occasional mentionings of events that happen in the Macross series (IE "the earth would eventually be scorched, but not for another two years" or whatever). I kinda wanted to use this story as an introduction/prequel to Macross to get my wife interested in watching the show with me, but some of those references give away some fairly big plot points.

Yeah, I should've said, "You'll hate the last page"... although I stole the wording for the last sentence right out of "The Neverending Story."

I also hated all those "Little did Misa know..." moments. If you want me to send you a version with all those removed, I'd be glad to.

You released this on my birthday. Thank you for all that you've done for Macross! Your importance to fandom isn't easily stated...in fact I think YOU should be a featured MW Con guest and signing autographs!

*blush*

Seriously, I was amazingly embarrassed at a Mari Iijima show a few years ago where I met a few Macross fans, and one of them asked me, "Are you on Macross World?" I said yeah. He asked, "Who are you?" I said, "Gubaba." His eyes more-or-less popped out of his head and he said, "YOU'RE GUBABA!?!"

Again, amazingly embarrassed. And that was just ONE GUY. Leave the lines and adoration for Mari and Tenjin. You know, the people who actually DO stuff!

(But thanks!)

To everyone else, THANKS!!

Edited by Gubaba

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks. A. LOT.

This is a golden source for background material, which is very much needed for fan fiction :)

Almost done with my latest translation, but I really don't want stuff like this to happen again.

Translations of official material are more important than your fanfic or your Robotech RPG, I think.

Edited by Gubaba

• 4 years later...
On 7/13/2015 at 1:23 AM, Gubaba said:

Almost done with my latest translation, but I really don't want stuff like this to happen again.

Translations of official material are more important than your fanfic or your Robotech RPG, I think.

Sorry, I'm late to download your Work, Please post again a Link to your work.

Thanks in advance.

On 9/25/2019 at 9:45 PM, Nelssao said:

Sorry, I'm late to download your Work, Please post again a Link to your work.

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, @Gubaba isn't on these boards anymore.

Here's the link to his site: https://gubabablog.wordpress.com/