1/60 VF-1J 30th Anniversary

Dark_Ghost

That reminds me MickyG's custom you can see here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=32977&p=1085951

Don't remind me.... I wanted to pull the trigger on that splinter camo SV-51, but I let it slide and someone else bought it :(

Edit:

My bad that was the Dobber custom I was referring to would love to see a scheme like the one he pulled off on that custom SV-51.

Edited by Loop

I thought I would be grossed out by this scheme since I usually don't like schemes with too many clashing colors (don't like Angelbirds) but this one honestly looks a lot better in hand. I was worried that I'd hate it. It's probably because it uses so much black in it... :)

Edited by xrentonx

I thought I would be grossed out by this scheme since I usually don't like schemes with too many clashing colors (don't like Angelbirds) but this one honestly looks a lot better in hand. I was worried that I'd hate it. It's probably because it uses so much black in it... :)

I never liked the 1/48 Angel Bird, but for some reason I really liked the 1/60 V2 of it. Glad I got it too lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I never liked the 1/48 Angel Bird, but for some reason I really liked the 1/60 V2 of it. Glad I got it too lol.

Probebly because the 1/48 angel bird scheme was unequivocally inferior to the 1/60 rendition. The red was too orange, the blue was too light, and the chest stripes were poorly composed.

Probebly because the 1/48 angel bird scheme was unequivocally inferior to the 1/60 rendition. The red was too orange, the blue was too light, and the chest stripes were poorly composed.

And your right! I love the deeper red/blue on this one, and yes the chest does look better. I wish I would have bought a whole squad now, but whatever.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the look of the1j anniversary without the extra decals and was thinking of getting it for my armor parts since I only have 1a's.

Does anyone by chance have a photo with the armor on? And, is it safe to do that because of the tampo printing on tha parts (like the arms) that secure to it?

• 4 weeks later...

anyone knows what kind of paint they use on this? is it easy to strip?

90% Isopropyl alchol or Pinesol does it for me. Windex also... takes longest. Iso does it the fastest but I like pinesol because it doesn't smear the paint across the plastic when washing it off. Make sure you take off the canopy first or it'll come out foggy.

still not interested at 55% off because it is ugly.

LOL, I'm right there with you. Although it never occurred to me that it might make a decent custom after the paint was removed. If the price were a bit cheaper, it would actually be an ok alternative to the no-paint assembly kits.

Got one for $70 shipped brand new. Decent price for my first plunge into the v2 1/60 VF-1 line. Not particularly interested in the paint scheme, but for a trouble-free valk and to support Arcadia's 1st release, I dont see why not. though buying below MSRP may not be the best way to support a business...

Got one for $70 shipped brand new. Decent price for my first plunge into the v2 1/60 VF-1 line. Not particularly interested in the paint scheme, but for a trouble-free valk and to support Arcadia's 1st release, I dont see why not. though buying below MSRP may not be the best way to support a business...

Please PM me a link of the place where you bought it for that much. Please, please, please....

Hey, they're back to the old retail Yamato price! :p Well, thereabouts anyway.. maybe that was a sale price? But I remember picking up most of my VF-1s for around $80. I know they started at 9800 yen, but I don't recall what the exchange rate was at the time.

Edited by Chronocidal

not that I dont want to share the link, but theyre sold out :mellow:

Thanks, you're a real sweetheart. Not.

Not $ 70 shipped cheap, but still a good price;

http://www.hlj.com/product/ACA82001/Sci

-b.

I'm sorry, but Hasbro or 3rd party developers spoiled me giving me 10inch figures with much more complex transformations for 2-4 times less money than what is asked for Valkyries. For the prices Valks are going, I can buy a buttload of official toys or a 3rd party TF combiner. Coming from TF community foremost, justifying buying a Valk for prices they're going now is not posible.

I'm sorry, but Hasbro or 3rd party developers spoiled me giving me 10inch figures with much more complex transformations for 2-4 times less money than what is asked for Valkyries. For the prices Valks are going, I can buy a buttload of official toys or a 3rd party TF combiner. Coming from TF community foremost, justifying buying a Valk for prices they're going now is not posible.

To be fair it's only a handful of people who do not moan about how easy it is to break TF masterpieces. If we do not take the weak shoulder Yamatos into account, you can mess with the rest quite a bit without worrying. I have transformed MP-9 and MP-11 and with both the ratchet joints were a nightmare, as were those swing joints that had to be pressed upwards or downwards when they were supposed to rotate only, as were all those steps that asked you to hold parts in place by tension - the YF-21 does have a few of the above but somehow felt safer. Personally i'd rather pay more money for something more durable, even if it means getting a loose joint here and there.

And coming from Transformers you've made two mistakes in your thinking. 1) Transformers are WILDLY popular all across the world and 2) Transformers can be marketed and sold all across the world. The number of potential sales means the cost per unit can be lower. Macross toys can't be sold out side of Japan, and Macross isn't really all that popular in Japan either, that means the audience is severely limited and the price for each toy must rise to ensure everything is paid for. If you don't care for the Valks, don't buy them, but it's not like someone decided "well, this is Macross, you pay more for Macross because we say so." I'm quite sure Arcadia would be thrilled to sell a $90 YF-19 all across the world if they could do it.

^Right? That comparison is almost cliched at this point.

Even though it looks like the 30th Anniversary VF-1J is no longer on sale for 50% off, at $ 140 is still on the average or inexpensive side for a VF-1 or retail VF-25.

Personally I'd rather pay the money for a Valk over an average Deluxe Transformer and most Masterpiece Transformers - all a part of personal preference and what a person is willing to spend their cash on.

-b.