Star Wars Rebels - animated series

Wow, they're going all out with the next season. I take it Disney is listening to the fans who weren't too thrilled with most of the first season.

I kinda think they knew they would head this way as it is. Just had to do a season to get the kids into it. That's of course assuming the season will follow the same aura of the trailer

NOICE!!

I've often wondered if Ashoka knows....

Hope it gets answered at some point.

Chris

Well, I hope she's no longer a boring girl who only serves to give volume to plot.

Like Jade Chan in Jackie Chan Adventures...

Well, I hope she's no longer a boring girl who only serves to give volume to plot.

Like Jade Chan in Jackie Chan Adventures...

Eh? There's absolutely no comparison, even a tenuously tangential one, between the two. Despite the name Jackie Chan Adventures, that whole show pretty much revolved around Jade Chan; that show would've been more appropriately named Jade Chan Adventures... it was all the other characters around her who came across as filler. As for Ashoka, she was always a supporting character meant to be the bright, spunky, moral anchor to Anakin's emo brooding self.

Edited by mechaninac

The presence of A and B wings though, seems contrary to established canon (and quasi-canon, and fanon), time-wise.

The Star Wars Droids cartoon blew that out of the water long ago. The basic explaination under the old canon was that the A-wing is the successor to the Spearhead fighter that was in Droids with more advanced engines.

The Star Wars Droids cartoon

I think I'd take the Holiday Special as a canon source over that. :D

On a serious note--I might buy that explanation for the A-wing, but no way for the B-wing. One of the missions in the X-Wing expansion pack, was doing the trench run in a B-Wing, as it's a FAR better choice than the X-wing or Y-wing. It was basically designed for such a mission---no way they wouldn't use it if even 1 prototype was available.

So excited for this. I think Comander Wolffe may also be with Rex. I think I spotted a clone with one eye there as well. Have to rewatch the trailer again (for the umpeenth time). :D

This trailer for season 2 excited me just as much as new Force Awakens trailer.

This is going to be a great year for Star Wars fans.

Graham

I think I'd take the Holiday Special as a canon source over that. :D

On a serious note--I might buy that explanation for the A-wing, but no way for the B-wing. One of the missions in the X-Wing expansion pack, was doing the trench run in a B-Wing, as it's a FAR better choice than the X-wing or Y-wing. It was basically designed for such a mission---no way they wouldn't use it if even 1 prototype was available.

Aside from the reality that A-wings and B-wings had not been designed when A New Hope was made, it is entirely reasonable to assume that, within the SW universe, the Yavin base did not have any of those two types among their fighter compliments when the Death Star came a-knocking... same with the base on Hoth. It could be as simple as different Rebel units fielding different hardware, just like different allied fronts in WWII; maybe, until the final assault on Endor, when the Rebel Alliance threw everything it had at destroying the DS2, A-Wings and B-Wings were primarily attached to Mon Calamari fleets.

It could be as simple as different Rebel units fielding different hardware, just like different allied fronts in WWII; maybe, until the final assault on Endor, when the Rebel Alliance threw everything it had at destroying the DS2, A-Wings and B-Wings were primarily attached to Mon Calamari fleets.

This..

Our exposure to the Rebelion is very limited in the original series. We are just following Luke, Leah, and Han. We only see their fixed stronghold type bases on Yavin 4, and Hoth. We only finally see the fleet in Jedi. I don't count the medical frigate and transports at the end of Empire as that could have just been the evacuation ships enroute to the main Rebel fleet. The main naval forces of the Rebelion look like they are primarily compromised of MonCal ships...so like Mech said maybe the MonCal fleet/fleets mainly use the A's and B's.

Chris

Hunted down the show on TV, seems it is available on-demand with Comcast. Pilot and episode 3 were pretty good - only problem being the bad guys are REALLY bad shots (not that SW itself did not have that problem...).

Going to be watching the whole thing.

Unfortunately, I want to say about 90% of the commonly accepted backstory for how the fleet was built up only exists in the EU now, so it's probably all knocked out of the canon..

I was under the impression that the A and B wings were associated with the MonCals joining the alliance, so who knows. There's at least one Sullistan character in there, and we didnt see them until Jedi either, so maybe they had a hand in it.

It's cool and all..but I wish they hadn't confronted Vader directly.

Because the reality is that Vader would kill them instantly...the end.

...but we know that our heroes will survive this confrontation , so it lessens the "bad ass" reputation of Vader

..if this keeps happening during the series then it will be hard to take Vader seriously.

...but we know that our heroes will survive this confrontation , so it lessens the "bad ass" reputation of Vader

..if this keeps happening during the series then it will be hard to take Vader seriously.

I haven't taken him seriously since the prequels.

Well, they did mention at one of the interviews that they had to be careful not to undermine Vader's reputation when he encountered any of the main characters of Rebels, that Vader can't lose. In the trailer it looks like they face off, but I'm guessing they run away in the end...either that or they have to die.

I haven't taken him seriously since the prequels.

I think Duke Togo had the best line in response to anything about the prequels.....they don't exist in this dojo.

I read something similar about the writers not wanting a direct confrontation with Vader, so I'm a little confused at the contradiction in the season 2 clip. It'll probably be an early first encounter in which they narrowly escape with their lives with the last minute aid of Ashoka/Rex...

I read something similar about the writers not wanting a direct confrontation with Vader, so I'm a little confused at the contradiction in the season 2 clip. It'll probably be an early first encounter in which they narrowly escape with their lives with the last minute aid of Ashoka/Rex...

five will get you ten its a "vision of the future" force dream cop out.

Had not got around to this show but now that my daughter is near 4 I want to buy the SEASON 1 when it comes out. Seems pretty cool and that Season 2 preview looks awesome!!

I found it easier to get into than Clone Wars for some reason.

In case you haven't seen the trailer yet.....

Also can't wait to see if Rex talks about Order 66 and how he was able to overcome it.

Edited by peter

Novels were always licensed fanfiction, always will be.

Guess that would mean Rebels, everything post EVII, Battlefront. the Marvel comics and the new novels are too? Some of the books were bad, but that statement has always been asinine.

Edited by Chewie

I just assumed, the A-wing and B-wing weren't used until DS2 as a matter of needing all available fighters.

DS1 it made more sense to have the Y-wing for bombing runs, and the X-wings for cover fire.

Y-Wings would've been really useful if they had been the BTL-S3 Y-Wings (the traditional Y-Wing with a second seat.) Being able to shoot the TIEs behind you in the very confining trench would be extremely useful.

Guess that would mean Rebels, everything post EVII, Battlefront. the Marvel comics and the new novels are too? Some of the books were bad, but that statement has always been asinine.

Yup, only the films, Clone Wars, and the current Rebels series are canon.