Star Wars Rebels - animated series

Loved the finale! The show really grew on me. Started as ok but definately got better as the season progressed....same as the Clone Wars did for me. The show really doesn't take place all that long before ANH...the episode that had Empire Day said it was the 15th Aniversary of the Empire so maybe we'll see more of the larger rebellion forming next season. Luke was what....17 or 18 in ANH, only 2 more years till those events then....if that is correct.

Chris

I'm just glad they didn't leave that last Clone Wars thread loose.

^This.

BTW, I saw the behind the scenes video of that episode, it pretty much confirms that

she's not a Jedi and therefore not entirely bound by their code.

Which is why her lightsaber blades will be shown in season 2 as the color

White to reflect her non affiliation with either Sith or Jedi, though she's definitely on the side of good.

Edited by Kyp Durron

I binged watch the series yesterday. That wasn't bad. I didn't really dig the beginning few episodes but as it got further along and the characters build I grew to enjoy the series so I'll look forward to season 2.

I've enjoyed this series the whole way through. I thought it had a much stronger pilot than the The Clone Wars...all the 'Snips' and 'Sky Guy' crap became cringeworthy rather quickly. Anyway, Filoni and crew have mastered their craft over the years, and at this point I think they've got the look and feel of Star Wars down. The Rebels finale was great.

^ They're gigantic arrowhead shaped slabs; that they move like lumbering behemoths seems entirely appropriate; so, animation-wise, I have no complaints. The only thing about them that I find a bit odd looking, in the way they're modeled/rendered, are the panels that cover/clean up the upper-lower separation trench... just doesn't look right. I ascribe this, much like the TIEs' smaller panels, to them being early models; and by the time of A New Hope, the Imperial shipyards had been omitting them for improved performance, mass reduction, and cost savings. Star Wars itself provides a somewhat applicable precedent in the Y-Wing.

Edited by mechaninac

^ They're gigantic arrowhead shaped slabs; that they move like lumbering behemoths seems entirely appropriate; so, animation-wise, I have no complaints. The only thing about them that I find a bit odd looking, in the way they're modeled/rendered, are the panels that cover/clean up the upper-lower separation trench... just doesn't look right. I ascribe this, much like the TIEs' smaller panels, to them being early models; and by the time of A New Hope, the Imperial shipyards had been omitting them for improved performance, mass reduction, and cost savings. Star Wars itself provides a somewhat applicable precedent in the Y-Wing.

That was what I was referring to, I LOVE the design of Star Destroyers...but the Rebels series versions look too simplified and characitureish. The smooth trenches, you mentioned and the elongated necks for the superstructure just look wrong to me.

Chris

It wasn't too shabby of a season finale.

I always thought that Clone Wars would end with Ahsoka dying before ROTS. Thus, pushing Anakin further down the Dark path. But I understand why Filoni and the rest love her character so much and would want to bring her back for Rebels.

Now, could someone please tell me what the @#%^ happened to Captain Rex?!!

Lastly,

"The Inquisitor's TIE!"

"Well, we know he's not gonna use it." :lol:

Never really cared much for the Inquisitor's spinning lightsaber feature.

Personally, I think Ezra's hybrid blaster/saber is a much more practical feature.

For my money though, I love the design of Pong Krell's dual-bladed sabers (https://www.google.com/search?q=pong+krell+lightsaber&rlz=1I7GGLL_en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=RCIBVdi8CIiNNoCEg4gN&ved=0CB4QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=695).

Makes sense for a four-armed alien to sport that many sabers. And it folds in half for compact and convenient storage too.

Krell was an ass, no doubt. Loved watching him work, and his fighting style was marvelous to see.

He had to die, of course, but what a character!

Krell was an ass, no doubt. Loved watching him work, and his fighting style was marvelous to see.

He had to die, of course, but what a character!

Personally, I thought Krell was missed opportunity. I felt the writers took the easy way out by making him what they did in the end instead of just being a hard nosed Jedi. It would've played to the Order 66 angle very nicely, with the troops feeling betrayed by the Jedi ect.

Chris

I'm sure I've said this before, but I truly wish they didn't make Krell straight-up EEEVIL!!!!!!11!!!

I'd rather have the guy disturbed by unyielding visions of Order 66. Make THAT cause him to treat the clones the way he does and make him believe that he's SAVING the Jedi in the long-term (by cutting down the number of clones they'd eventually have to face).

• 1 month later...

Oh my... Not to put too much trust in a teaser trailer and blow expectations all out of proportions, but that promises to be epic. Love all the nods and cameos from the Clone Wars series, and glimpses of the original trilogy.

First we were given Ashoka's return and Vader's introduction to an active involvement it the unfolding story, and now we're presented with still-in-use obsolete equipment (AT-TE), old timer clone troopers, including Rex -- to show the bucket heads how capable real troopers were, Hondo -- still a not-necessarily-evil rogue who revels at being a pirate and scoundrel, A-Wing fighters, B-Wing Assault Bomber/Starfighter, etc. The only thing that could make me crave the start of season 2 even more would be confirmation that Asajj Ventress will be making recurring appearances as well.

Edited by mechaninac

Asaaj Ventress...once freed from being just another two dimensional bad guy, she became one of the most interesting characters in the entire series. Towards the end of the series, my interest was always piqued when she showed up in an episode...just the whole 'what is she going to do?' factor. She's too good a character to abandon, and I think she'll show up in Rebels at some point, perhaps as a Rebel herself.