Otacute closing down

BlueMax

Sad news for folks who have bought the hard-to-get-at-good-prices Bandai valks from them... we have just lost a source of affordable Bandai walks....but at least they said they will be honoring pre-orders made for releases up to end august at least.

So thats why they are not doing the VF-27 pre-orders.... .... I worry about getting the VF-25S when pre orders open from the other retailers

Thought those who have pre-orders with them would like to know.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

With much regret and sadness Otacute will be closing for business. We sincerely apologize for the sudden notification and will do our very best to ensure a smooth closing. Of course, we intend to honor all running pre-orders with us. Based on the release dates for running pre-orders we expect the website to be operating up to around October, but this may change depending on manufacturing delays and so forth. As for immediate adjustments, we plan to stop advertizing and accepting pre-orders over the next couple of weeks and plan to stop accepting all new pre-orders and back-orders by May 31. In-stock products can still be purchased while we are operating.

We would also like to note that we are accepting cancellations for products scheduled for release from September onwards. Your support and understanding is greatly appreciated. Taking this opportunity we would also like to thank all of our great customers. It has been a pleasure serving you and we thank you for your fantastic support over the years. Without you the running of Otacute would never have been possible. Thank you from everyone at Otacute.

Please feel free to contact us gen_inquiry_eng@otacute.com if you have any questions. Onece again thank you for your fantastic support. OTACUTE

Edited by BlueMax

I've never bought any Valks from them, but from that one Figma purchase I did make, they provide quick delivery and good customer support.

After Amiami's no-refunds-or-exchanges thing, I thought I'd found a good alternative. Now it's back to HLJ.

I'll be missing you, Otacute! :(

I remember snagging an alto yf-29 preorder from them before anyone knew about them. Found them using a random google search after missing everyone else's preorders. I was taking a huge risk when i paid for it as no one seemed to have heard of them. Risk paid off though. Good service and they always repy to emails quickly. Was never able to secure any other preorder through them since. Still sad to see them go.

I remember snagging an alto yf-29 preorder from them before anyone knew about them. Found them using a random google search after missing everyone else's preorders. I was taking a huge risk when i paid for it as no one seemed to have heard of them. Risk paid off though. Good service and they always repy to emails quickly. Was never able to secure any other preorder through them since. Still sad to see them go.

I too chanced upon them through an online search and snagged a YF-29 30th off them when at a point in time where it was sold out everywhere. It helped that they didn't list the words Macross for it I guess, but there it was sitting and available.

Also got a VF-19P off them at huge discount, as it became on sale really quick.

Turns out their system didn't effect the correct price, and I got charged in full, but they were quick to rectify it, and even notified me early so I could re-order it before it got snapped up.