• 3 months later...

I apologize if there is a topic for this series already. I searched for it, but I didn't dig too deep.

Anyway, I've been reading as much as I can about it and it has me curious. Almost Human is the next genre Sci-Fi series to come from Bad Robot and J.H. Wyman, who also worked on Fringe. I don't know how much of a high-tech police procedural series we'll get out of it or even if we should get that from this series, but the premise will get me to the pilot episode:

It is "an action-packed police drama set 35 years in the future, when police officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids. The year is 2048." Karl Urban is playing the human cop and Michael Ealy is playing the android.

Aside from the show itself, I was also wondering if FOX could back another Sci-Fi series and see it to the end? Was Fringe the exception or was it a glimmer of hope? IIRC, the series begins in November.

Cool! Thanks for the thread merge!

Something almost like A.D. Police would be great, but I'm not sure what to expect with this other news:

(late again, I'm sure)

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56159632/

Hm, maybe it won't be that much of a sci-fi crime of the week ? I guess I have to do the patient waiting thing. heh.

Edited by technoblue

• 4 months later...

I've enjoyed the series, I usually catch it when it hits Hulu. But I notice they take ques from other scifi stories like the Magic Bullet is obvious to me matches Runaway

starring Tom Selleck and Gene Simmons. Just minus poisonus spider bots.

It's a decent show, but I'm waiting for the story to kick in. So far it's just them running around solving crimes etc. with a few drops and hints of the actual story and "big bad" for the season. I couldn't believe it when I saw Crystal Method does some of the soundtrack, and the latest episode had a newer Gary Numan song playing at the beginning. I'm keeping my eye on it for now. Since it's on Fox and it's Sci-Fi, if it ever gets popular, I'm sure they'll just dump it in the Friday night death slot and kill it. Typical Fox protocol.

Indeed. Fox is horrible with their scifi shows....Firefly....Terminator....dollhouse....I miss any others that really didn't take off on popularity until it was over?

I don't know about ones that became more popular afterwards, but they had a slew of genre shows in the 90s that were all cancelled in short order, without getting a chance to find their feet. VR5 was a bit surreal, but it had an interesting back story going. Strange Luck ended on a cliffhanger. Brimstone was just great, lot of fun. The verbal jousting between the lead character and the Devil was some of the best writing this side of Whedon.

I think Dark Angel was doing half way decent, when they cancelled it to make room for Firefly.

Fringe was doing great, before they moved it to the Friday night kiss of death time slot. Then, they cancelled it, because the ratings dropped.

• 3 months later...

doesn't surprise me, a lot of ppl called it for a lot of reasons. Mainly effects budget and the cast and crew. urban is a movie star and will have commitments to other film projects, just the same as JJ. I think he has 1 more Star Trek movie to do AND he's got Star Wars right now. I'm sure he can't be bothered with a TV series that has limitations due to network agendas. This is why I hate fox.

doesn't surprise me, a lot of ppl called it for a lot of reasons. Mainly effects budget and the cast and crew. urban is a movie star and will have commitments to other film projects, just the same as JJ. I think he has 1 more Star Trek movie to do AND he's got Star Wars right now. I'm sure he can't be bothered with a TV series that has limitations due to network agendas. This is why I hate fox.

JJ is also Executive Producer on Persons of Interest, Revolution, and Believe. So I doubt it had to do with Abrams. It's more likely that it wasn't a ratings magnet. Look at this thread. Not many posts despite starting a year ago when the show was announced.

I watched this show, and gave it a decent chance but to be honest it was garbage.

LOL - ouch. I didn't think it was all that bad, but it wasn't compelling TV (Sci-Fi or other) either. I honestly thought it'd last 2 seasons but given Fox's track record I'm not at all surprised.

-b.