It's comics, dude--no one is really ever dead.

It's comics, dude--no one is really ever dead.

Except if you're Bucky Barnes, Elektra, Jason Todd, Professor X, Cyclops, Cable, J'onn J'onzz, Jean Grey.... Oh snap! Never mind..

As for SHIELD, I'll watch it but without Sam "Bad MoFo" Jackson I hope it's at least watchable (Arrow is the best Comic Book TV show now)...

At first I was like :wub: now I'm like :unsure:. I'm conflicted if I should enjoy this or not cause it's a TV series so it'll be fairly low budget and wont have any of Thor, Tony, Banner, and the Cap. And I seriously doubt it'll have much of anything with good ol' Jackson in it. It's just, people have a soft spot for Coleson....and that's where I'm conflicted.

At first I was like :wub: now I'm like :unsure:. I'm conflicted if I should enjoy this or not cause it's a TV series so it'll be fairly low budget and wont have any of Thor, Tony, Banner, and the Cap.

It looks like they're throwing out a lot of money for the pilot episode. But I can't say what the budget will be for the rest of the season. But ya' know, with $300M (US) and near $1B total worldwide from Iron Man 3, you would think Disney has enough money to spend on this show.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

Anyone watching? The show premiere looks like Joss Whedon has a decent budget to work with. The effects are pretty good so far.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

forgot about Firefly... when i saw the hq plane coming out of the hanger, it reminded my of Vega's (Bison's) plane from street fighter II's animated movie.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Maybe I'm just too jaded, but I wasn't all that impressed by the premier; as in, mostly "yawn".

On the plus side, the way they explained agent Coulson's non-room temperature status as a double cross orchestrated by Nick Fury to motivate the Avengers was a passable, if not entirely satisfactory, way of dealing with the seeming inconsistency with the events in the Avengers movie... and the fact they kept offhandedly referring to the events thereof was a nice tie-in. On the minus side, that last sequence with Lola turning into a Back to the Future (or is it Man in Black?) style hover car was waaaaayyy too cheesy and had me groaning and rolling my eyes.

Edited by mechaninac

Maybe I'm just too jaded, but I wasn't all that impressed by the premier; as in, mostly "yawn".

On the plus side, the way they explained agent Coulson's non-room temperature status as a double cross orchestrated by Nick Fury to motivate the Avengers was a passable, if not entirely satisfactory, way of dealing with the seeming inconsistency with the events in the Avengers movie... and the fact they kept offhandedly referring to the events thereof was a nice tie-in. On the minus side, that last sequence with Lola turning into a Back to the Future (or is it Man in Black?) style hover car was waaaaayyy too cheesy and had me groaning and rolling my eyes.

That car was from Captain America I think. At least those hover engines were.

forgot about Firefly... when i saw the hq plane coming out of the hanger, it reminded my of Vega's (Bison's) plane from street fighter II's animated movie.

I kept expecting it to be a VTOL.

The mobile command post cargo area looks like Serenity's cargo hold.

Shepard Book as the flight surgeon and they alluded to a secret around ("he must never know") Coleson's resurrection other than a Fury lie from avengers.