So this is what you get when you mix Men in Black with Ghostbusters. R.I.P.D. is a 3D supernatural action film based on the Dark Horse Comics series Rest in Peace Department by Peter M. Lenkov (Demoliton Man, Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever). The film is directed by Robert Schwentke (Red, Flightplan) and stars Jeff Bridges, Ryan Reynolds, Kevin Bacon and Mary-Louise Parker.

R.I.P.D. hits theaters on July 19.

R.I.P.D. @ IMDb

• 1 month later...

interesting... though the cowboy-act seems a bit forced, i cant think of anyone else being able to pull it off...

Well, if I can see Marisa Miller's stellar body flattened across a windshield it might prove to be worth it...

• 1 month later...

Ouch!

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 9%
Metacritic Score: 14

"The worst comic book adaptation since Jonah Hex." - Roger Moore, McClatchy-Tribune News Service

"For a movie that so strenuously rips off Ghostbusters and Men in Black, R.I.P.D. manages to come up with fresh new ways of being absolutely terrible. The plot manages to be fully predictable and freakishly bonkers at the same time, seemingly born of the same kind of brainstorming-on-L.S.D. session that must have given us Howard the Duck." - Kyle Smith, New York Post

Ouch!

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 9%

Metacritic Score: 14

"The worst comic book adaptation since Jonah Hex." - Roger Moore, McClatchy-Tribune News Service

"For a movie that so strenuously rips off Ghostbusters and Men in Black, R.I.P.D. manages to come up with fresh new ways of being absolutely terrible. The plot manages to be fully predictable and freakishly bonkers at the same time, seemingly born of the same kind of brainstorming-on-L.S.D. session that must have given us Howard the Duck." - Kyle Smith, New York Post

Yikes...has Ryan Reynolds jumped the shark?