Time to plan when and where to meet at the Museum. Me and Hebime plan on getting on the first train and camping out to get our tickets for the seminar. We will set up a tarp and play some Macross Crusade. Feel free to join us esp if you have your own crusade deck. Unless you bring a Yu Yu Hakusho deck:p We will shun and hate those who bring Yu Yu Hakusho decks:)

After that we will probably pass the time in DenDen town until the actual seminar starts in the afternoon.

And finish the evening at Fire bomBAR.

Let us know what time you can make it, and if you have somewhere else you would like to go.

I'm sure arriving at first train is going to be ridiculously early, but what the hell. The cicadas can only make you so deaf.

i will indeed be bringing a blue sheet to sit on, and a few crusade decks to pass the time.

Would be happy to teach anyone one wants to learn (cause there will be plenty of time).

It would be helpful to get a head count to let Okamoto-san know how many will be showing up at Fire BomBAR.

Althought he only has a pretty standard bar food menu, it will probably suffice for dinner unless there is something specific

anybody wants (i do suggest the ebi-yaki in DenDen for lunch though). I plan to order the Pineapple Salad, but I don't plan bleed out on Claudia's couch...

At this stage I can confirm that there are three of us coming down from Tokyo, with three locals (incl. Hebime & bariaburu Faitaa) due to be there as well. The Tokyo gang wont arrive until 08:30 or so (catching the overnight bus down).

FYI, the line in the morning is for a Tenjin autograph session. reservations for the talkshow (50 ppl) are separate and have to be booked in advance by calling the museum.

I'm thinking merch - exhibit - signing - talkshow - Alto festival and then spending the evening at FirebomBAR.

So Hebime if you are down to hang there will be a total of 6 of us dropping by the place.

When and where do we meet ?

Depends on how early you can get there. We will be in line at the museum for tickets at 7am. Be roaming around DenDen town from 11am. Back at museum at 2pm for seminar. At fire bomBAR around 6pm. Please let us know when and where you can meet us and we will adjust our schedule to find you.

A fantastic time was had by all. Consisting of Me, Save, Tochiro, Gubaba, Hebime, Jefferson, and Dyna Gold.

The museum was first, with the Hidetaka Tenjin talkshow and signing event blessed by the surprise appearance of Shoji Kawamori himself. For an hour he related surprisingly candid stories of recent and past events.

Ever wonder why the original VF-1 is so small relative to contemporary fighter planes?

What is the next Macross show going to be like?

Will the next life size display model be a Regult?

What does he think of the SDCC exclusive Jetfire?

Where does Macross II fit in the overall Macross universe?

These and many other questions were answered during the talk show. Tune in to a future speaker podcast to hear the answers.

We also went to the Marui Alto event, which had some new Alto related merch, and gave many Osaka residents the chance to get left over merch from the various events from the last year, from Musiculture to Crossover live.

Finally we went to Fire BomBAR for their Chie Kajiura birthday party event.

I'm back in Tokyo after nearly 36 hours of nonstop darkness, weirdness, fun, Valks, music, Astro Boy, mysteriously missing fish 'n' chips, eyebrows, princesses, "To be fire," and general malaise and sleeplessness

More later. For now, I'm crashing.

• 5 weeks later...

Macross The Museum will have a special event on September 21: A talkshow and signing by Haruhiko Mikimoto. The talkshow will be MC'd by Hidetaka Tenjin.

Much like the previous Shoji Kawamori talkshow, reservations can be made by calling The Tezuka Osamu Museum directly.

Ok same plan as before. Everyone is invited to the early morning party.

Macross The Museum will have a special event on September 21: A talkshow and signing by Haruhiko Mikimoto. The talkshow will be MC'd by Hidetaka Tenjin.

Much like the previous Shoji Kawamori talkshow, reservations can be made by calling The Tezuka Osamu Museum directly.