Ok so far we have me, Hebime and Jefferson meeting at the Museum tomorrow. Is anyone else able to make it?

When I got your PM, I didn't think it would be literally tomorrow. You guys must not have children (or have been planning this way in advance)...

None of us have any children that I know of, it wasnt planned in advance. If there is a better time, please let us know. Maybe the 27th may be best for long term planning?

When I got your PM, I didn't think it would be literally tomorrow. You guys must not have children (or have been planning this way in advance)...

Ah... that explains things.

I guess tomorrow I get to be the old fart staring out the window, reminiscing on the freedoms of being single, without kids.

TT_TT;;;

Edited by sketchley

Thank the kind guy, and it's fast for the web site. ;)

Well, had a great time at the Museum. I had been to the Tezuka Museum before so I knew it would be tiny. But they still managed to have stuff I have not seen before. One of the interesting things they did was to make it from the point of view of a museum in 2060. The various displays talk about the events in the past tense, and the displays are described as replicas of the actual items from history.

The main thing of course, was the 1/1 VF-1 cockpit, which was totally hands on and photograph-able. You can push buttons on the console to select your in-flight theme music, and to activate the video sequence of the missile launch from the beginning of DYRL.

The wall of valks was not a complete collection of all the Bandai and Yamato 1/60 but close. It concentrated on the main cannon designs.

Each display was clearly labeled as no touch or no photograph. There were only a few items that were non photograph tho. One was the technical diagram for the cockpit showing how the interior transforms from the pilot sitting down in fighter mode, to standing in battloid mode. The other display that we were not allowed to photograph was the replica DYRL protoculture artifacts. Such as the table ware consisting of plate, 2 cups, spoon and vaguely fork-like thing. Also included was song memory plate and Misas hand written translation. And finally they had Minmays photo album.

Most of the merch that was announced was on sale, except for the engraved to order medallions, which will go on sale on the 27th. One surprising thing was that they were selling the metal box super deformed VF-1S resin kits. As well as the YF-29 Roy Fokker color below original retail.

Several nearby restaurants also had macross themed food, we went for fire bomber curry with pine cake desert... and lived:)

↑↑↑

As I said, they dont list all the merch in the one place.

attachicon.gifmacross_2.jpg

BTW, the following site has some new pics from the exhibit.

http://lmaga.jp/blog/news/2013/07/macross30.html

It's the Macross 30 official site....it's all in there you just need to do a little work.....

Also...not sure if these have been posted.....

a0218340_12321695.jpg

a0218340_12353854.jpg

a0218340_1242333.jpg

Found on this blog....http://sapphire77.exblog.jp/18008484/

Each display was clearly labeled as no touch or no photograph. There were only a few items that were non photograph tho. One was the technical diagram for the cockpit showing how the interior transforms from the pilot sitting down in fighter mode, to standing in battloid mode.

Was it similar to the one in the Space Wings Master File book? If I recall that one was trying to reconcile the TV style cockpit and got kind of crazy so I'm definitely curious if the DYRL cockpit fairs better :3

It was not the same. It showed how the 3 video panels changed positions.

Was it similar to the one in the Space Wings Master File book? If I recall that one was trying to reconcile the TV style cockpit and got kind of crazy so I'm definitely curious if the DYRL cockpit fairs better :3

...And finally they had Minmays photo album.

suppose it's the very same one they used in the SDFM ED sequence, or merely a reproduction?

I hope one day we'll get to see a full VF-1 statue like the Gundam, or 3, one in each mode. :D

by rights there should be a 1/1 Hikaru 1J T.V. BATTROID, with a 1/1 Minmay mannequin in DYRL dress, right beside that 1/1 RX-78.

then Japan would Really be the Mecca this pilgrim had to journey to at least once in his life...

Edited by Shaorin

suppose it's the very same one they used in the SDFM ED sequence, or merely a reproduction?

by rights there should be a 1/1 Hikaru 1J T.V. BATTROID, with a 1/1 Minmay mannequin in DYRL dress, right beside that 1/1 RX-78.

then Japan would Really be the Mecca this pilgrim had to journey to at least once in his life...

Sour grapes. I hear ya.

It's the Macross 30 official site....it's all in there you just need to do a little work

Oh Im well aware of what it is. Sorry but maybe I wasn't clear. The problem with the official site is that they list things piecemeal as they are announced. This means you often need to scroll through weeks worth of posts to see all the goods on offer, and that's presuming that you know what you are looking for in the first place and that the info hasn't been taken down (which occasionally happens). That's why I don't feel that it lists all the goods in one place. Like you said, it takes work. Similarly, the Museum website doesn't have a merchandise page either.

Can you purchase the tickets on site?

My friend will be heading through that area on his way to Hiroshima.

Yes, you can get tickets on-site. Prices are listed at the bottom of the news piece on the front page. Unlike presage tics however, they won't be Macross-themed. That's the only difference.

anyone an idea on that Photo Album though? the very same as that which was featured in SDFM's ED?

I'm fairly certain it's a replica given that they allow everyone to look through it. Also, from memory (from when it was used at Macross The Design) there's more mages in it than just those shown in the ending. Gubaba, feel free to correct me on this if Im wrong though. Edited by Tochiro

thanks.

this whole thing is still cool as all hell though; finally MACROSS is beginning to get treated in Japan

with something roughly akin to the respect that MS GUNDAM has been lavished with during pretty much the entirety of my lifetime... (born in JAN. 1982)

Edited by Shaorin

Evangelion got 2 life size robot heads. and they've got pretty damn big heads.

Yeah, but Evangelion (and Gundam) are far more prominent than Macross. Anime fans know about it,but not many other people, unless they are men in their early 40s (because they grew up with it, and robot anime was more mainstream then). Younger anime fans know of it because of Frontier. I recently spoke to a 20-something who is not into anime at all (and thus has not been exposed to Frontier) and he was like "Macross?... Yeah, is that the one with the robot planes?" I was actually impressed with that, but clearly that was the extent of his knowledge.