If only I could go to this...

For 4 months and you don't have to rush.

Money? Hmm.

We need some LCCs across the Pacific. Some Asian fans can come to Japan easily thanks to the Low Cost Carriers like Air Asia and Jetstar and so on nowadays.

Cost: 1300 yen (special ticket with art card), 700 yen (adults), 400 yen (middle-school students), 100 yen (elementary students).

I'm sure TONS of elementary school students will be CLAMORING to get in to see a museum exhibit dedicated to Dad's favorite old, boring anime series that isn't HALF as fukkinamazin' as One Piece...

I wish I could go there too.

Entry ticket only 13 bucks, hope someones goes there and take a lot, LOT of pictures.

I'll try to take as many pics as I can! Planning to go in August!

No word on goods/merch yet, but pictures of the tickets and themed foods have gone up.

http://www.city.takarazuka.hyogo.jp/tezuka/kikakuten.html

While the Fire Bomber curry, Pineapple cake and Kakizaki steak are old staples at events like these, I'm digging the new addition of.. Tempuradi Bowl! LOL!

Interesting. The theme dishes are spread out between 4 nearby restaurants.

• 2 weeks later...

The first original merchandise for Macross THE MUSEUM has been revealed!

Does everyone remember the Macross-themed canned-bread that people posted pictures of from last years exhibit?

This time will see the release of the CANcho (Kancho=Captain) series! lol

post-9325-0-65015700-1370581828.jpg

post-9325-0-15199800-1370581830.jpg

post-9325-0-83159000-1370581831.jpg

The artwork on those cans look awesome!

The Jeffrey Wilder is an older Tenjin illustration....

tumblr_mm4hckEXpC1qlbf9no1_500.jpg

but the other two I had not seen before....

can-cho1.jpg = 419913_252714734830851_1116344330_n.jpg ???????????????

I would like to solicit a proxy buyer for this event's merchandise.....looks like there might be some really interesting items....PM me if you can help....thanks! :)

Edited by jvmacross

Max now just IS Sho Hayami. B))

I heard the model of Kalala Ajiba in Ideon was Keiko Toda herself.

Anavel Gato in Gandam 0083 was Akio Ohtsuka himself.

Of course, Ranka Lee was Megumi Nakajima herself especially in the Alcatraz concert in Sayonara no Tsubasa.

On this topic, there does seem to be a resemblance between Minmay and Mari Iijima - though from what I could gather it was the other way around, with the actress picked because she was so like the character?

On this topic, there does seem to be a resemblance between Minmay and Mari Iijima - though from what I could gather it was the other way around, with the actress picked because she was so like the character?

No, they picked her because she wrote her own songs.

I thought it was a part of being "like" the character :)

Anyway - now that I think of it there does seem to be an external resemblance, certainly no less than between Ranka and Megumi Nakajima. So if Megumi was used as the model for Ranka (at least in some scenes), could they have used Mari as the model for Minmay earlier?

Edited by Saruta

I thought it was a part of being "like" the character :)

Anyway - now that I think of it there does seem to be an external resemblance, certainly no less than between Ranka and Megumi Nakajima. So if Megumi was used as the model for Ranka (at least in some scenes), could they have used Mari as the model for Minmay earlier?

I don't think so. This is the model for Minmay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA0J4MzzvR0

...which has nothing to do with the VF-1S cockpit, so why are yo saying this is "on-topic"...?

On topic or not, the amounf of knowledge in several heads here (including Gubaba and antibiotictab) is quite striking.

(What is the name of the lady on YT? Yes, now that I see her it does seem clear).

On topic or not, the amounf of knowledge in several heads here (including Gubaba and antibiotictab) is quite striking.

(What is the name of the lady on YT? Yes, now that I see her it does seem clear).

I'm sorry... are you sucking our brains to fuel your fanfic...?

Edited by Gubaba

Not this time - I would not go as far as to include real world stars in a Macross fan fic!

But I should probably get a nice picture of a mind flayer for the avatar.

I like the artwork on that Max cup. No idea what I'd do with "canned bread." Maybe it's the American in me but why not just a cup like they give away at Taco Bell?

Throw the bread out and keep the can. These are to be sold at a single event only, not at nationwide fastfood chains. Its like asking why the MacWorld Con tshirts arent available at Walmart.