1/350 scale Zentran Bug Eye Scout model kit

tundrayeti

All the small parts were casted before wonderfest. The main bodies are what is time consuming takes about 45 minutes to an hour for each one. That plus the ups guy destroying my 5 gallon resin delivery is what held up those. But I got the resin replaced and I'm cranking these out as fast as I can. I'll be sending out the first 5-6 orders t by this weekend. So hang in there folks I hope to have the board cleared soon. The armored valks molds are curing as well since the old ones were damaged. Thanks guys!

Thanks for pressing on with this despite all the setbacks! That sucks about the delivery guy, but great your supplier is so helpful! Man, 5 gallons! My family doesn't even drink 5 gallons of milk in a week! Pour on man, pour on! - MT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a quick update folks. I know some of you have received your kits and some are still waiting. The main body mold finally gave out and I am making another. should have this wrapped up soon. Please be patient, I'm working as fast as I can. Had to take a couple days off due to a cold. :wacko: Thanks again folks.

• 5 months later...

OK I am Red Green color bilind and I can tell the matched and printed from the sample on Tamias page is way too dark. I am making up a new set to be cut out of the vinyl stickers.

Please don't use those. I am making up a new set. I will list sizes and collors for ordering from Ebay. I am going to get a set of Yellow and a set of Black stickers cut by Sticker Fool.

Ok I am working up new stickers to be vinyl cut in black and yellow.

For some reason I can not post a link or URL at this time.

A search for "Quel-Quallie Theater Scout Pod" will find the line drawing from all sides I am using to design the stickers.

An Ebay search for " Crap I can not even paste.

VOLCOM ANY SIZE OR COLLOR CUSTOM CUT VINYL DECAL STICKER will find the person I am having make them.

That looks great Felindar! Are you able to put them on a page format to be printed out on a decal sheet? The cut vinyl sheet are cool, but will be lumpy when painting ;)

By the way, where did you get the smaller Macross figures below them? The buildings look cool too! Thanks! - MT

A few notes.

If you want longer legs. A papermate pen, with the writing portion pulled out matches up perfectly with the bottom of the leg. The brass rod will wedge into it and stick out the top to extend the leg very sturdily for a longer look.

the hinges are really hard to work with if you want it possible in more than one mode. So I made different ones out of my platformers set. The doors are not designed to open and close like in a game piece so took some filing.

If you ever do recast it from scratch making the eye in 2 seperat pieces that you glue on would be great. Getting that border of white and green perfect is a bit difficult. The piece is so large that holding it steady to work makes that difficult. Being able to spray and glue the White of the eye like I did the puepule. would have been wonderfull.

It is good you are doing another run. I have several Tactics players drooling over it.

Any word on the Re entry pod?