1/350 scale Zentran Bug Eye Scout model kit

tundrayeti

Hey everyone. I have been Collaborating with NeptuneSurvey on a 1/350 Bug Eye theater scout. Well i am now in the casting process, and will have this avaliable at Wonderfest this year. Anyone interested in getting one please PM either Neptune or Myself. Below are some of the cad pics and the Master before finishing work has been done. I will post some updated pics this weekend.

Prices for this will be posted once Neptune and I get everything sorted out.

Enjoy!

post-7782-0-47900500-1367549329_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-61403900-1367549349_thumb.jpg

post-7782-0-29334700-1367549172_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-65842800-1367549190_thumb.jpg

post-7782-0-24604100-1367549203_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-92249700-1367549211_thumb.jpg

Edited by tundrayeti

Could you show a picture (cad or resin model) of the rear, where the engines protrude from? I'm curious because I have the 1/720 model and never liked how the designer left that part "open" to the interior of the model.

Sure. Here you go. I took a little creative license with that part. Put lots of greeblies atc. I also added the missile launchers behind the "tanks" I'll take pics of the master and post them tomorrow. in the meantime, here is the CAD version.

post-7782-0-98901600-1367556133_thumb.jpg

Thanks for adding this thread and updating the photos Yeti! 1/350th scale almost means an obligatory purchase for me! This model looks great and is a must have! Count me in and you PM'ed! - MT

Woot met up with Tundrayeti at Wonderfest and picked up my kit! It is pretty monstrously huge! Also ran into Vakyrie, MSLZ22 andNeptunesurvey. My wallet is having seizures it's been hit so hard today :).

Lucky. I can't wait until the Con to meet up with other Macross fans.

Its always great to meet some of the folks here on the forum is person. Now I have a little bonus to add to this kit. First off let me say how awesome this community is. everyone here is all about making this hobby and being a fan of macross the best experience ever. I have to give Props out to MechTech and Valkyrie. MechTech has given permission to include his 1/350th scale armored Valkyrie with this kit as a Macross World exclusive. And while here at Wonderfest Valkyrie gave me the molds for it. I Cant say enough of how awesome some of the folks here on the forums are and that is what makes some of us keep cranking out goodies for everyone else. Lots of talent out there and its great that we all help each other out. I can tell you from personal experience, that the rest of the garage kit community is not that way. i have seen a lot of petty backstabbing and other nonsense, which is why Macross World will Always be my home and the absolute best community to be a part of. Thanks for the support everyone! Now payments are now being taken for the bug eye. Price Is $200 plus shipping.

Thanks again guys and let's keep making more cool stuff!

Awesome!

However, with the great success of the Robotech Kickstarter, and basically ALL of the macross stuff coming out in 1/285, is there any chance for a 1/285 version?

Also, any way to have a straight top down render of the model? There isn't a top down view of the cyclops anywhere on the web :(

It would be a MONSTER!!! Bit if you get enought guys together willing to schuck out $350 or mor a pop well then maybe I might do it.....:)

All kidding aside, that would be a tremendous undertaking. The labor alone would make that kit expensive as all get out.

Edited by tundrayeti

This thing is really awesome, got mine at Wfest yesterday and it is way bigger than i thought it would be, you guys did a terrific job on it, it's a real bargain for the size and quality. It was great to chat with everyone over the weekend, i can't believe how fast it went by, it's blurr. Can't wait to dig in on mine sometime this summer maybe after i recover from Wfest and get my back orders on stuff out the door...

thanks again

mike

That came out gret Yeti! I'm glad I could be a tiny (1/350th) part of this ^_^ It would have been AWESOME to be there with you guys just to say hi! Getting my money together... - MT