So I did some digging...

It seems most of all the former Yamato employees are working

At Arcadia as most of the former prototype vinyl type half naked

Figures are now showing up basically identical aside from box art and

The Arcadia logo...

Plus I asked HLJ what's up with the order stopped Yamato custom

Figures and got a reply..

As the joker said " it's all part of the plan"

I think we just need to sit on our wallets and wait.

I'm good with this. My wallet is being focused elsewhere at the moment so a delay in seeing new Valks is just fine by me.

Now on to finally snag a Beta/Tread and eventually the new Metroplex :D Hopefully.

I know that most people will disagree but personally I'd rather see the rainbow-tinted canopy reappear in a sort of v2.3 release (so that we don't say back to a v2.1!). Comparing my VF-1J mass to the VF-1A Mass 30th anniv the J simply looks more special! I have seen the effect develop these hairline-like cracks on my weathering VF-1S, but still i prefer it this way, and again it looks more special than the VF-1As weathering i have.

I agree, I LOVE the way the old tinted canopies look. I'm highly disappointed the later releases don't look like the earlier one's. The Cav's Valk would look so much better with the rainbow canopy.

can't tell if serious... v2s of.. everything? V3 1/60? I'm perfectly happy with my v2, even if they did somehow improve it i wouldn't spend the $$ to buy a v3. the only new vf-1 i'd bother spending $$ on would be a v2 1/48. And of that list the only valk that needs a v2 is the yf-19. I remember complaining about the gullet and battroid proportions when all we had were cad drawings.

I'm serious. Maybe they could all stay the same and just be upgraded versions like the V2's had the modified crotch lock later. But everything I mentioned could use some upgrades/modifications from where they're at right now.

I agree, I LOVE the way the old tinted canopies look. I'm highly disappointed the later releases don't look like the earlier one's. The Cav's Valk would look so much better with the rainbow canopy.

I love it too, but too bad they have to stop it because of high reject rate.

Has anyone removed the old tinted canopies without damaging them? I was thinking of swapping one of my tinted ones with the one on my cavalier valk.

The canopy is super-glued, so very unlikely to remove it without damages.

I'm serious. Maybe they could all stay the same and just be upgraded versions like the V2's had the modified crotch lock later. But everything I mentioned could use some upgrades/modifications from where they're at right now.

well to each his own. i'm personally very satisfied with the 1/60 v2s and any valk made after that, and would definitely not dish out money on something i already have for minor improvements, especially considering how expensive valks are.

Here's hoping arcadia celebrates a macross rebirth with a new YF19 v3, much like yamato did with the Mac+ valks way back when. Short of a VT-1 reissue, I've frankly had enough of the VF1...we need a VF-0 renewal with reactive armor ! :)

Here's hoping arcadia celebrates a macross rebirth with a new YF19 v3, much like yamato did with the Mac+ valks way back when. Short of a VT-1 reissue, I've frankly had enough of the VF1...we need a VF-0 renewal with reactive armor ! :)

We need to go shopping together, lol. Those 2 would be my selected units also.

Sorry, but I found this picture on the blog cybergundam. Have to wait for a higher resolution image.

NO, sorry, i don't blame you!

I blame the guy who put this shot on the Internet at first.

It's always the same. If there are preview pics of an upcoming toy in some japanese magazine, we always get these stupid miniature shots.

And I dont understand why! Why do people do that?

Why is it so hard to post a proper sized shot?

Btw, this micro size preview thing is pretty common in the Transformers world...

MacrossJunkie, on 23 May 2013 - 09:04, said:

Ouch. Why the jacked up price? I don't see this selling very well at all. The scheme is way too busy/ugly and now the price is further going to kill sales of this thing.

Well, to be fair, people are paying ridiculous prices for any Yamato Valkyrie now, and you know better than me that this bird, being the first Arcadia, and a 30th anniversary is going to duplicate its price in not a very long time...

And even more, they are kind of relaunching the Yamato line....

And, of course, the macroeconomical factors are to be consider... the us dollar is not in its better position, and Japan (or China, in any case) are not going to give away products at a bargain price anymore... they just don´t need to do that.

So... 165 us dollars.... to us, here in the far south, it´s like a joke almost. I can´t figure why anyone could complain about that...

Edited by Astro_BS-AS

Guest davidwhangchoi

i hope most of us don't wait for 50% clearance sales and hurt Arcadia's business in the process, on the other hand it's difficult to afford the vf-19's, and 17's retail :(

If everyone can afford multiples of the VF-171 for 1000$, then they can easily afford a single VF-19, 17, 1.

I’m getting at least 1 or 2 to support Arcadia, in hopes of there being more new valks in the future.

Edited by OmegaD3k

I am going to pass on this. Not interested in the scheme and the price. I supported Yamato a lot in the pass with the 1/48 and even bought the 1/60 v2 on preorders, and multiple of the same item in both scales only to get hit with huge discounts later on and reissues with optional parts. Will only be looking if they release other things other than the VF-1 line and will also wait for it to be released and not preorder it unless it was limited like the VF-4G.

NO, sorry, i don't blame you!

I blame the guy who put this shot on the Internet at first.

It's always the same. If there are preview pics of an upcoming toy in some japanese magazine, we always get these stupid miniature shots.

And I dont understand why! Why do people do that?

Why is it so hard to post a proper sized shot?

Btw, this micro size preview thing is pretty common in the Transformers world...

Beggars can't be choosers. I suggest you buy the magazine yourself if this is so "stupid".

I am going to pass on this. Not interested in the scheme and the price. I supported Yamato a lot in the pass with the 1/48 and even bought the 1/60 v2 on preorders, and multiple of the same item in both scales only to get hit with huge discounts later on and reissues with optional parts. Will only be looking if they release other things other than the VF-1 line and will also wait for it to be released and not preorder it unless it was limited like the VF-4G.

But Arcadia is a different company, maybe they are testing the waters with this new model. I think this could be the begining of a new era of many new macross models/toys or could be the end. They took their time to decide to put this out. Who knows?

Maybe you are tired/bored of the VF-1?

Ouch. Why the jacked up price? I don't see this selling very well at all. The scheme is way too busy/ugly and now the price is further going to kill sales of this thing.

All the extra multi-color tampo printing does actually add to the production cost you know.

Acadia doesn't have magic tampo printing faeries that magically print all that multi colour printing on free of charge. :D

Also, yes I guess this will likely be a limited quantity collectors item.

I suspect one of the reasons towards the end that Yamato reduced the amount of tampo printing on its Macros toys was to reduce costs.

Graham